Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition To Remove Frame And Weapon Slot Limits Or Offer A Free Way To Get Them

BigJim1321

It is really quite inexpensive to buy a couple of frame and weapon slots...

Coincidentally the game allows you to have 2 frame & 4 weapon at the start with 50 free platinum which gives you the option to purchase up to 2 more frames OR 1 frame,4 weapons OR 8 weapons.

For 10$ it would allow you to have ALL frame slots plus 6 weapon slots.

10- 15 dollars is nothing if you like the game and it helps to create more content and support.

If 10 bucks is too much for something you enjoy then your disadvantage lies far beyond the realms of a computer game.

It is really quite inexpensive to buy a couple of frame and weapon slots...

Coincidentally the game allows you to have 2 frame & 4 weapon at the start with 50 free platinum which gives you the option to purchase up to 2 more frames OR 1 frame,4 weapons OR 8 weapons.

For 10$ it would allow you to have ALL frame slots plus 6 weapon slots.

10- 15 dollars is nothing if you like the game and it helps to create more content and support.

If 10 bucks is too much for something you enjoy then your disadvantage lies far beyond the realms of a computer game.

Successful F2P games earn money through impulse purchases. Warframe and weapon slots are hardly something I wanted to buy and I'm pretty sure other Founders agree. In fact I felt like I was wasting Plat doing it but I need all the slots if I want to collect all the gear.

The slots you get at the start are far too limiting. There are over ten warframes and over fifty weapons. Unless you sell your gear constantly, you'll never get to experience it all. And I'm very sure people will be reluctant to sell their hard earned warframes which took several hours to construct the parts and then three days to actually build the whole thing.

I was just coming on the forum to post about this and here is someone who already posted this. I know DE want and need money and every free mmo games atm has inventory limit but warframe is not the game to limit your character and weapons. It isn't an mmorpg to create an new character by clicking a button. You actually need to farm. I for example I farmed 3 days for the blue prints for Nyx. I'm not talking about the resources. And on top of that you have 3 days to wait only for the final blueprint to be completed. So in total you kinda need to farm an week for an warframe.

Ok you don't want free players to be able to make more warframes easy but atleast let them to buy slots with credits. I don't know 250k for an warframe slot and 150k for an weapons slot I think wold be alright. Or something like that. Not too cheap but not too expensive.

DE seems more and more money hungry when you start playing more and more. Ok they have the right to be, they want to live, but they should understand that they stay alive with the free players, not with the paying ones. You want to make more money, don't say it's a free game and limit it in every way possible for free players. Say from the beginning that it is a pay2play game and you know a thing.

@Loswaith when that video was made Warframe wasn't out and the only games that have slots are mmo's.

Clearly you forgot World of Tanks was released in April of 2011, given the video was released in july 14 2011 there are likely many other occurances prior to that.

Edited by Loswaith

1. Inventory slots actually literally take up the limited server space. This is one reason why they ask you to pay for them (two weapon slots costs less than a dollar by themselves. That's really not alot of money, whereas I've seen other F2P games force you to pay far, far more.)

Just to start I agree that they should not be credit purchasable.

But this statement is laughably awful. The space taken in the inventory is really inconsequential. We are certainly not paying for the space taken by inventory.

For a warframe you have...

Affinity

Mod capacity

Potato status

8 references to mods

a reference to the warframe

type of warframe

experience earned

kills scored

5 colors

Each of these will take 4 bytes without trying to optimize for size. 80 bytes of data for each warframe.

A terrabyte hard drive could store over 13 billion warframes. Just one... That you could get for a few hundred dollars. So unless everyone on the planet starts playing warframe, space is not an issue. To put it in perspective that post you made takes up more server space than a warframe does. The part I quoted alone optimized for space would account for 3 warframes worth of data.

And guess what. No one is paying for forum posts!

There is overhead in the referencing of all the data, GUIDs and username fields for database storage. Even then though I'd wager all of a single user's statistics is less than a megabyte. Especially if you're using #pragma pack

edit: forgot about colors. And overhead.

Edited by Ryanshow

The amount of data each slot has to take into account is astronomically higher than what a material slot has to take up.

With mats, it's basically "number = x". Same with BPs and such. Mods are a little trickier because you've gotta keep track of levels in addition to numbers, but we're still not talking about major server costs.

With slots though, it's a lot worse. Say you've got a level 30 rhino with all the trimmings. Potato, powers, maxed out flow mod, the works. Now you have to keep track of the rhino's level, what mods it has equipped and in what order, whether it's potato'd or not, and this on top of its coloration.

It's a whole lot more data to take into account. So I fully understand why they charge for slots.

It is quite obvious you have no clue what you are speaking of. Your post alone accounts for several warframes worth of data and no one is charging for that.

Although I do support the idea of charging for slots.

No. plain and simple. 

1. Ive already invested plat in new spaces.

2. The company needs to make money.

3.75 plat (5.00usd) gets you about 6 inventory slots.

4. If you have invested enough time to use all of your frame storage space, surely you think the game is worthy of spending a bit of money on. 

Because they're made by Valve and Riot.

Get a startup indie company to do the same, I dare you. I double @(*()$ dare you.

Path of Exile. A free game only with cosmetics that cost real money. The dev team? 4 or 8 guys who decided "lets make a game". And yet the game has lots of profit, lots of players and it is an awesome game.

Clearly you forgot World of Tanks was released in April of 2011, given the video was released in july 14 2011 there are likely many other occurances prior to that.

Could you please read like 5 posts before? I already said the difference between the slots systems. Numerous times. Do i always have to make the same argument after 5 posts?

In WoT you have a limited number of slots, but tanks keep their xp and the higher you advance in tier the more easier it is to reacquire the older tanks. I had 200.000 credits and only played mostly tier 2-3 and you could buy a tank in a second because it costs 20.000 or less. I also had Tier 4 and 5 tanks.

I never felt limited by that system, especially because you kept every advance you made with the tank if you sold it and if you advanced in tier older tanks were much easier to acquire.

What I would pay for:

1. Armor for my warframes, cosmetic only. I would pay 50 plat in a heartbeat to get rid of that crap around saryns arse. They could sell leggings, gauntlets, boots, chest pieces, armplates to augment the helmets.

2. A green cloudy aura surrounding my saryn to denote her poisonous abilities. cosmetic only.

3. Weapon augments, cosmetic only, like scopes, bayonets, extended stocks, extended barrels, flash suppressors etc...

4. weapon skins. How many posts have we seen that beg for the lex to be bigger? Sell it, I mean wtf? the community is begging for reasons to spend money. it's like they are slapping DE in the face with $5 bills.

What I wont pay for:

1. extra warframe slots, there is not enough diversity between the characters to warrent it. with the mod system I can play any playstyle I want with just 2 warframes, all I have to do is change mods, and weapons.

2. weapon slots, You only need a few weapons, (shotguns are no longer worth a potato) you need a long range weapon and a sustained fire weapon, and a melee weapon, thats it. I have a potatoed braton/lex and duel fire swords, there is nothing else I need. with the mods I have they all work for every faction. I've soloed most bosses with this combo and never broke a sweat.

3. warframes, they are way to easy to farm, and potatoes are way to easy to rng.

4. weapons, they are just to easy to build. why pay for them.

Things i don't understand:

1. Why the heck are you putting strictly cosmetic skins in the alert system? Sell them, no one has any grounds to complain about a strictly cosmetic item not being available through gameplay. If they do complain , tell them to go to hell, as long as you are not selling power no one should complain.

Thats it, I am sure I am going to get reamed for this , but it just seems so obvious to me.

I hope this came off alright, I have been drinking.....a little bit.

Edited by Xtorma

Afaik, in WF your weapons mastery/affinity stays constant as well, even after you sell your weapon and then buy/craft it again.

Umm no they do not maintain. You have to rank them up again. I tested it out, had a snipertron level 24, sold it, bought it again, it is unraked.

Edited by Story4

I don't understand why people have to be so negative all the time!

So what if you have to pay for more slots!

It only costs £3.53 to pay for 75 Platinum

That's enough to get 2 more slots For Frames and for weapons!

Total bargain if you ask me!!!!

I have 0 problem paying for more slots. Just give me a reason why I should.

If you go by how they release things currently, there will probably be around 25 warframes and over 100 weapons after 1 year. By then you will probably have to pay 45 euros just to get all the slots. So basically you will have to pay almost the price for a full game just to be able to grind over 500 hours. Do you really think that it is reasonable? Why pay so that you can waste time when you should pay to not waste time?

Maybe slots are a good way to make money now, but in the future who do you think will pay that much just to waste time? Maybe limited slots work for now, maybe even for a few months, but after that who do you think will stay? Probably only founders who paid a lot for the game. The game relies on grind for it's longevity but by making slots purchasable only with platinum you actually limit it. Not to mention that new players will feel extremely limited since they only have 4 slots compared to only 20 warframes.

If a warframe slot cost 100.000 credits, to get all the slots you would have to grind 1.600.000 credits. IMO that is a pretty hefty sum, especially since you also have to spend credits on crafting, leveling up mods, getting sentinels and who knows what else the devs will implement.

F2P to be succesfull need to have a good cash-shop that will get them players even after years, not only in the first few months.

Edited by Story4

If you go by how they release things currently, there will probably be around 25 warframes and over 100 weapons after 1 year. By then you will probably have to pay 45 euros just to get all the slots. So basically you will have to pay almost the price for a full game just to be able to grind over 500 hours. Do you really think that it is reasonable? Why pay so that you can waste time when you should pay to not waste time?

Maybe slots are a good way to make money now, but in the future who do you think will pay that much just to waste time? Maybe limited slots work for now, maybe even for a few months, but after that who do you think will stay? Probably only founders who paid a lot for the game. The game relies on grind for it's longevity but by making slots purchasable only with platinum you actually limit it. Not to mention that new players will feel extremely limited since they only have 4 slots compared to only 20 warframes.

If a warframe slot cost 100.000 credits, to get all the slots you would have to grind 1.600.000 credits. IMO that is a pretty hefty sum, especially since you also have to spend credits on crafting, leveling up mods, getting sentinels and who knows what else the devs will implement.

F2P to be succesfull need to have a good cash-shop that will get them players even after years, not only in the first few months.

We don't know if the type of grind we have now is going to be the same at release. All games have grind. what differentiates a sucessful game from a not so successful game is how much fun you have grinding. We have no idea what there is going to be for endgame, therefore we have no idea how fun the grind is going to be.  For anybody that plays with any regularity for a month, endgame is either here, or not to far away.

There are not a lot of carrots in this game, so what they should be shooting for is how much fun it is to grind. We will find that out when we find out more about the endgame.

I think I have an idea for this problem , why not give out a trial mode on each warframe / weapon wherein players can test out each warframes or weapons weather they will like it or not , then give out like a mission , eg. reach rank 30 on trial warframe and the reward is the corresponding warframe blue print , same goes with the weapon

theres a difference between hardworking f2p players and whining f2p players

And what would your system do better? i don't get it. You can already get the BP from bosses.

@Xtorma i agree, but even so if you don't allow F2P players to buy slots to be able to grind, even if the grind is fun it will be limited, therefore people will stop playing at some point. People stop playing, devs don't get money.

Edited by Story4

And what would your system do better? i don't get it. You can already get the BP from bosses.

@Xtorma i agree, but even so if you don't allow F2P players to buy slots to be able to grind, even if the grind is fun it will be limited, therefore people will stop playing at some point.

as it says "trial mode" it enables the player to temporarily use the warframe/weapon for like a fixed time , they can rank it and put mods on it to test the warframe/weapon if it fits their play style or not ,and if they like it they can finish the mission like get rank ?? on the warframe/weapon and get something of a reward like the market BP / 25% discount, and the bp i mean is the bp that you buy from the market

@Xtorma i agree, but even so if you don't allow F2P players to buy slots to be able to grind, even if the grind is fun it will be limited, therefore people will stop playing at some point. People stop playing, devs don't get money.

The question is really very simple when it comes to inventory slots. At what population level do I gain an economic advantage by switching from a pay for content model , to a pay for cosmetics model. That is the question I honestly think they are asking themselves right now.

The question is really very simple when it comes to inventory slots. At what population level do I gain an economic advantage by switching from a pay for content model , to a pay for cosmetics model. That is the question I honestly think they are asking themselves right now.

Hmm you may be right, but wouldn't drastical changes affect the players that have already paid for the game? Honestly i think the game would have been better if it was still closed beta, devs could have made more changes to the pay model and a lot of other stuff, fix bugs and release it later. Especially since the cash-shop seems more short-term implemented than long-term.

But we don't know what their thinking about now so maybe even the next update will feature something better regarding F2P model.

I'm just tired of hearing people say that the current slot system is okay for free players. If you don't want free players in your game to experience everything a paying player can then you shouldn't have made a F2P game at all or at least you shouldn't market it as such.

you do realize this video supports DE's current slot system

Just realized something after watching the video again. In the video it is stated the you should let free players make in-game currency, even the one for which you have to pay. He also said that extra slots that are unnecessary should be purchasable only with paying currency.

But given both points, doesn't he mean that since players can earn in-game plat, then they are able to buy slots without paying?

@Mr. Pava: Yeah it's 4 bucks, but with 4 bucks you barely get 3 slots and you can't get any potatoes. Usually F2P games are made in a manner of paying to not grind for hours, but like this you actually have to pay to be able to grind. So it doesn't have a longevity on it's own, if you want to waste time you have to pay, instead of paying to not waste time. See the problem? If you make it like i have said in my first post i believe with half the slots and being able to repurchase a WF faster, it wouldn't be too limiting.

Also skin BP should probably be removed from the alerts, i don't really understand why they were there in the first place. Potatoes should be in the alert system or through high level defense mission, anything that alters gameplay really, but skins should only be available thorough plat.

This was their biggest mistake IMO, they tried to improve on something that didn't need fixing while screwing it up for both the paying customers (since they don't feel like paying since you can even earn skins in game, or feel that their purchase isn't worth it) and for the F2P customers who are severely limited by slots, maybe not that much now, but in the future more-so. And when you make a F2P game you can't think of 1 or 2 months ahead, you have to think 1 year or more ahead.

@ Argoms yeah cus Riot was a huge company at the start... This was sarcasm.

I see you play this game +20h per day right? Infinite grinding over there...

If skins weren't there F2P would be freggin barking all over the place because they were unable to get them.

Get over your bricks and donate 4 bucks if not you better leave as people like you are not needed here.

(Not being rude just saying. It's the truth and you guys better get used to it. DE's are already too good to everyone.)

Edited by Mr.Pava

raise the plat price on them to 10k and 50k each to match and that would be fine

What?

It's raining credits dude just yesterday in 3 hours i made +200k on missions and useless BP's --'

Stop wanting everything for free.

I see you play this game +20h per day right? Infinite grinding over there...

If skins weren't there F2P would be freggin barking all over the place because they were unable to get them.

Get over your bricks and donate 4 bucks if not you better leave as people like you are not needed here.

(Not being rude just saying. It's the truth and you guys better get used to it. DE's are already too good to everyone.)

No i don't play 20 h per day, which is exactly the point. The grind is pretty big, if a player spends 3 hours a day on this game and a warframe takes let's say 10 hours to get, then he already has to play 120 hours, or 40 days. Not to mention that he also has to get resources, advance from planet to planet and wait for stuff to get crafted.

Yeah no one buys skins, that's why the most succesfull F2P games make money from skins the most.

You ARE being rude. People like me ARE needed here. People like me bring other paying customers and are the best form of advertisement. Without people like me the servers will be empty after 1 year.

Get used to what? You trying to act all superior just because you paid for the game? What has DE done good for me exactly? I see more and more bugs, weapons that are only available with platinum and i am limited by slots.

I also pay for games that i enjoy and that i consider of having a good F2P model. This one i enjoy, but IMO it doesn't have a good, lasting cash-shop system, it is not made for the game to last years, only a few months, unless you pay more and more and more just to be allowed to waste more and more and more time. Wouldn't you rather pay not to waste time instead of paying to waste time?

Good for you that you have supported the developers and having faith in the game. That doesn't mean that everyone has. I HOPE that it will turn out good and if, when the game is released, i will approve of the F2P model, then i will pay on the release day 10 or 20 euro to support the developer. But in it's current shape i can't and won't pay for something that i do not approve.

Edited by Story4

No i don't play 20 h per day, which is exactly the point. The grind is pretty big, if a player spends 3 hours a day on this game and a warframe takes let's say 10 hours to get, then he already has to play 120 hours, or 40 days. Not to mention that he also has to get resources, advance from planet to planet and wait for stuff to get crafted.

Yeah no one buys skins, that's why the most succesfull F2P games make money from skins the most.

You ARE being rude. People like me ARE needed here. People like me bring other paying customers and are the best form of advertisement. Without people like me the servers will be empty after 1 year.

Get used to what? You trying to act all superior just because you paid for the game? What has DE done good for me exactly? I see more and more bugs, weapons that are only available with platinum and i am limited by slots.

I also pay for games that i enjoy and that i consider of having a good F2P model. This one i enjoy, but IMO it doesn't have a good, lasting cash-shop system, it is not made for the game to last years, only a few months, unless you pay more and more and more just to be allowed to waste more and more and more time. Wouldn't you rather pay not to waste time instead of paying to waste time?

Good for you that you have supported the developers and having faith in the game. That doesn't mean that everyone has. I HOPE that it will turn out good and if, when the game is released, i will approve of the F2P model, then i will pay on the release day 10 or 20 euro to support the developer. But in it's current shape i can't and won't pay for something that i do not approve.

If you don't approve why the heck are you still here?

What they've done good for you and all other F2P?

I think you don't play the same game as i do.

And if you don't play that much those slots are more then enough for you for a very long time. After that time if you don't want to play this play something else, just don't cry because you can't get everything for free as always F2P players want.