Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

<Idea> Playstyle Choice That Affects Who You Are Grouped With.

Experior

My idea is to be able to choose a preferred way to run through a level.

1. Blitz       - for those who just want to get it done and get out.

2. Steady  - for those who want to get the objective done in a reasonable amount of time.

3. Explore - for those who want to open every container and uncover every room.

If there were a way to pick this preference before starting a mission, and then get grouped with others that have that same preference. This would eliminate a lot of problems for people who like to play at a slower pace.

Or maybe it can be done with chat tabs, having more than just the regional tab would allow people to group up with others easier.

Playing with people that have similar play styles really makes this game more fun, I think we need a better way to find those who have the same play styles.

I like Blitz, but I think 3 needs to also include killing everything, but that's also what Exterminate missions do.

Perhaps the mission types are what needs to be changed.

Data hack missions should be located in every corner of the level.

Exterminate missions would be smaller with higher concentrations of bad guys.

Rescue & Capture missions would have a timer from the get-go to encourage running it fast.

Assassination maps would have a ton of guards to get through, and then a short exit after the boss is dead.

This would be great.

However, we may need some sort of system to show existing parties and their 'polarities' in terms of their pacing.

For example, maybe color code the speeds? Red for fastest, green for normal, blue for slow.

That way people could see how many groups are operating in which areas, and what speeds they are operating at.

In any case, it would be a fantastic feature.

This even put an end, once and for all, to the rush V explore arguments.

I think this would have to be implemented in a very elegant way if you don't want it to split the playerbase and make finding groups harder. Also it would be very hard to enforce this if people can just join any kind of group and play at a different pace than what is dictated.

Edited by Eleclight

The problem? Not everybody play by the rules. Some people will set themselves to specifically a different playstyle than they actually do just to mess around. Take some World of Warcraft for example. In looking for raid, if you are not a healer or a tank your queue is 1 hour-ish. Some people whose class allow you to, queue as healers to bypass the wait line, and do not perform that hole. It is infuriating, and they usually get kicked out of the group. Warframe does not have a current form of kicking anybody, even afk-ers (people who join and spend 80% of the mission in the starting area)

Easily exploitable, me thinks... :(