Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Won Game Counted As A Loss

vladroot

Hi, just played the defense mission.

I played it for the first time and after I cleared all the waves I chose not to quit the mission, but to stay and play more. As I unfortunately ran out of ammo I failed to defend the objective from those BONUS waves. And after coming back to the space map I noticed that I didn't get the unlock for the next planet!

Again, I WON THE MISSION. I WON IT! I lost to the BONUS waves! Why the next planet didn't unlock?

Those aren't bonus waves, they are just more waves. You can go forever. You don't 'clear' a mission unless you claim and exit the reward. If you make it all the way to wave 39 and fail, you'll still fail the mission, even if you passed up the rewards for waves 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, and 35.

Those aren't bonus waves, they are just more waves. You can go forever. You don't 'clear' a mission unless you claim and exit the reward. If you make it all the way to wave 39 and fail, you'll still fail the mission, even if you passed up the rewards for waves 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, and 35.

I don't think you got my point. I understand that the rewards will kinda go off if fail to defend one of the bonus waves. I didn't mean to get reward here. I was talking only about unlocking the next planets on the space-map. I mean it's optional to get or not to get the bonus waves, I could quit right after the first 4, so as I kinda completed the main objective. I don't mind loosing the reward for failing the bonus waves, but it's strange that the planet was not unlocked.

The defense missions has quite long timing (especially when doing solo), so it's not really user friendly to force a player first to beat this mission only  up to the first set of waves and then if he wants some better reward to beat it again with bonus waves just to be sure the next planet will unlock.

You MUST claim and exit to win, there are no such thing as bonus waves. Claim and exit to WIN, if you choose to stay and fight and you fail you do not get the mission completion.

Claim and EXIT to win...claim and exit to win...should I continue?

Edited by 2ply

There is no such thing as bonus waves. It is termed Endless Defense because by choosing to continue when given the option to extract, you chose to extend the mission. You need to understand that before anything else can be attempted to be explained to you regarding Endless Defense missions.

If you quit after the first 4 waves, you lose because you aborted.

If you leave the mission in any fashion other than taking the reward for completing level that is a multiple of 5, you lose because you aborted.

If the defense objective is destroyed, you lose because the mission objective failed.

If you leave after completing any level that's a multiple of 5 by taking the offered reward and extracting, you win.

Therefore, the first chance to complete the mission successfully and unlock further planet mission nodes is upon completion of Wave 5.

Okay, I get it. You guys are just impenetrable for the logic.

Any mission should have an "end". Leaving the player with locked planet, while he has done a "minimal requirements" for the unlock is a game design flaw, not a @(*()$ "feature".

So "screw you, guys, I'm going... online-where-all-missions-are-easy-mode"

Okay, I get it. You guys are just impenetrable for the logic.

Any mission should have an "end". Leaving the player with locked planet, while he has done a "minimal requirements" for the unlock is a game design flaw, not a @(*()$ "feature".

So "screw you, guys, I'm going... online-where-all-missions-are-easy-mode"

If you wanted to unlock, you should've just left the mission when you were given the chance, not come here and whine about a very fun feature.

If you wanted to unlock, you should've just left the mission when you were given the chance, not come here and whine about a very fun feature.

This, very much this.

I gennerally assume people who claim and exit on wave 5 are just trying to complete the map, but people who claim and exit on wave 10 are cowards.