The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Have A Halberd Now?

Jaon

I was never really familiar with Dark Sector so when I heard that there'd be a glaive in the game I was jumping for joy. Because if you google "Glaive" in images, it will more often than not actually come up with a Polearm. 

When the glaive actually came out I was kinda disappointed because it's not really my style. (I have no beef with it being real money only, if it was a cool enough weapon Id pay that anyway, just sayin) What I really wanted was something along the lines of a Halberd. Just did a random google search and something like this would be very cool : http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110831201109/runescape/images/a/a3/Blisterwood_polearm_detail.png 

Sorry for huge link NFI how to attach images. 

It would be a unique enough weapon, maybe its charged attack being a forward stabbing strike with huge range that can hit multiple targets ? And its normal attack being kinda slow slashing attacks (again with a huge range) 

Heres a good example of some Polearms, I'm sure with some animating, these weapons would have their place: 

http://medieval.stormthecastle.com/images/new-polearm-thumbs.jpg

Weapons I want to see in this game:
Polearms of all shapes and sizes (Halberds, Glaives, Spears, Pilliums, Ranseurs, ect.)

Gladius (Or and form of broadsword)

Claymore (Or any form of two-handed blade that isn't a stick)

More punching based weapons (Like the Katar suggestion not too long ago)

A true Mace
Flails
Double-head weaponry
Practical ninja weapons, both because some are nice and to quell the preteens. (eg Kama and Sai)

More swords that are not dinky little blades like the Skana and Cronus.

Ultimately, there's potential in this game for BEAUTIFUL melee combat, but currently we have "Tap E like crazy to dual-sword, Hold E to smash with big weapon". Very rarely do you see people use much else than dual weapons or heavy weapons. Not to bag on them, I love me my Scindo, but variety is excellent. And I would love to see more people USING their melee weapons outside of opening boxes and jump-smashing.
A halberd would be a wonderful place to start.

There are many post like this lately and this only proves that this is realy great idea. I'm polearm weapons fan myself and I would give all my potatoez just to get actual glaive, halberd or Guan Dao. Thay definately need to add polearms. They would fit perfectly alongside gram, fragor or scindo.