The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crossbow Secondary

Valedrel

I noticed that the forums lacked any sort of talk about crossbows(maybe i suck a searching too). After looking at some peoples ideas for javelins/spear melee weapons i thought of my own idea. 

How about a new secondary? Currently secondaries are limited to pistols and the Bronco thing, Why not put something like the Paris in a secondary slot? The weapon would not use pistol ammo but use sniper ammo like the Paris(Maybe), There would be a huge conflict between people who would want to use the paris and crossbow at the same time. Using any ammo besides pistol ammo can reduce the versatility of the weapon as some combinations would simply not work due to 2 weapons using the same ammo pickup. Pistol ammo is also very abundant so lowering the capacity would do very little in terms of balancing the weapon. 

It would be a small-medium crossbow of sorts that shoots powerful bolts/javelins(there's that javelin thread again). The crossbow naturally would have more power than the Paris so it would be able to propel powerful javelins/bolts that could pierce through multiple enemies completely(light armor only, heavy armor would cause stun or twitch). Because it is a crossbow you wouldn't be able to pull back for more power as you would do with the Paris. You would have a lot less ammunition than most other secondaries with about 60 rounds and the reload time for it would be much longer. 

This could make the crossbow really slow and impractical. So giving it a 3 round "magazine" by making the crossbow have 3 pairs of limbs, and making it a burst fire weapon could help a lot. On reload the animation would be the Warframe pulling back the 3 pairs of limbs to prepare for another volley. 

The damage of the crossbow would be lower than the Base Paris(not a power shot), bolts also have a chance of going completely through enemies instead of hitting only 1 target. The 3 round burst would result in a damage output a bit higher than the Paris with a power shot at the expense of 3 rounds. 

Damage:40-per round and passes through light enemies. stun on heavy targets.

Fire Rate:2.0~

Accuracy:15~

Base Clip:3 

Base ammo: 60~

Base Reload Speed: 3.0-3.5s

So I guess opinions? I think i am just on a kick because i played Assassins creed again and i didn't get to use a crossbow even though it was in the cinematic.  

Throwable dagger will become secondary weapons too^^

A crossbow... Hmm.... dont know what I should think about it=S

And using sniper ammo? HELL NO.

Its by far the most rare ammo. Having 2 weapons that need this ammo type would end in completely failure since you woulndt have enough ammo to keep the bow´s and the crossbow´s ammo at a normal level...

Another thing would be the weapon holder for it... You cant just place a crossbow the same way like a pistol. Massive clipping issues =S

I dont think we need a completely new weapon. Why not make it a simple skin for the bolto/akbolto after they found out how to not make it clip.

Edited by Venarge

And using sniper ammo? HELL NO.

Its by far the most rare ammo. Having 2 weapons that need this ammo type would end in completely failure since you woulndt have enough ammo to keep the bow´s and the crossbow´s ammo at a normal level...

Another thing would be the weapon holder for it... You cant just place a crossbow the same way like a pistol. Massive clipping issues =S

I dont think we need a completely new weapon. Why not make it a simple skin for the bolto/akbolto after they found out how to not make it clip.

The weapon holster thing would have to coincide with the creation of the new reload animation. The weapon could fold like the glaive currently does and fit on the arm itself rather than fall into a holster. The ammo will have to stay as pistol ammo, because yeah no way any other ammo would work. But because that stuff drops like candy im concerned there would be so much ammo people would use it over the Paris. The damage and permanent puncture would make it better for a couple situations. Then again there are some pistols that out perform primaries already.