Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Philosophy, A Question About.

Baigan

Well, due to recent adjustments to nerfs, and the available weapons in the game, I'm unsure about my previous assumption.

When I started playing warframe, the Gorgon and the Hek were high ranking weapons, not unlockable by fresh characters, and took some time and effort to unlock. They performed brilliantly and i imagined eventually, they'd add more weapons for higher ranks. Probably outperforming those as time went.

I've seen, however, that this might not be the case. As the nerfs were applied, bringing those weapons "in line" with others, sometimes underperforming comparing to weapons that are more easily acquired, I have to ask. What is the Weapon Philosophy of Warframe at the moment?

We all start out with the MK1 Braton, the Lato and the Skana. Arguably, the Braton is a step up from the MK1, the Cronus is a step up from the Skana. That does not diminishes the effectiveness of both the MK1 and the Skana, but there are simply weapons that outperforms em. However, it's not a linear curve, niches branching out and "side grades" making the matter of choice actually matter. Both the Scindo and the Gram seem to have the same purpose, and its hard to say which is better.

In face of the recent changes, does that mean all weapons, even the ones unlocked at higher ranks are meant to be side grades? Niches (the CoD way)? or are there weapons coming that require say, rank 10, and makes the trouble really worthwhile(the reward for your troubles way)? Are these going to be so radically different than the weapons available or are they going to be slightly more powerful? Or just look different?

Some word on this would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Battle on, Tenno.

If there will be a weapon that requires rank 10 from a business stand point it would be to give people more incentive to throw money at the game (to buy more slots to buy more frames/weapons to get to that rank faster). I'm not sure if DE has any desire to appeal to power gamers as the recent "nerf" is quite evident of.

Imo hek and gorgon were rank 4 and 3 cause you were supposed to 1st see them on enemies before getting them youself. Skana lato and mk1 are starter weapons so theyre worse than any other in their category. Rest are supposed to be balanced. So if you put starter as tier 1 cronus braton as tier 2 theres no tier 3.

The design is many "side-grades" to encourage you to discover your own play style and customise your loadout, rather than point blank saying you have an inferior weapon, upgrade it.

Many side grades is alright, at the same time, I wouldn't mind seeing m ore tiers with just as many side grades.

If there will be a weapon that requires rank 10 from a business stand point it would be to give people more incentive to throw money at the game (to buy more slots to buy more frames/weapons to get to that rank faster). I'm not sure if DE has any desire to appeal to power gamers as the recent "nerf" is quite evident of.

Buying more slots will not make you rank faster. Your progress isn't tied to the fact if you have the weapon or not. After you have leveled say, the Skana to lvl 30, you might as well scrap it, and purchase something else to level up. Time to rank up is the same unless you purchase the actual experience boosts, and that's the actual philosophy of some F2P games. Pay to save time. If you can't afford it, you gotta soldier on and invest time into acquiring the good stuff. If you don't have as much time, you can throw in some money to catch up.

Also, if the actual usage of the weapon is tied to the rank, needing you to be rank 10 to use it even if you purchased it away, would make the idea of P2W irrelevant.