Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Seem To Be Stabbing The Ground. A Lot.

TinyLesbianRobot

Recently (as of 7.8 or so) I've been experiencing a common glitch where, after killing an enemy with a charged melee attack (Glaive exempt obviously) my character has been, on occasion, immediately performing the ground execution animation, without a target and without my command.  As far as I can tell, it doesn't deal damage - it's just the animation.

In low level areas this isn't an issue, but in high level areas, even when using a weapon with a quick execution animation, it can be a problem.  Combined with my Ash, the problem becomes a major one.  I'll be hacking through an army of Infested with my Dark Sword, using charge attacks, obviously, when suddenly, I perform a targetless execution animation, and a quarter of my invisibility time vanishes, just like that.  Even when not cloaked, in the middle of a bunch of infested, the fact that my character suddenly stops moving and becomes a punching bag for every enemy in range is a serious issue.

Is anyone else experiencing this glitch?  Apologies if there's already a thread about this - I wasn't sure what to search for.

EDIT: This appears to be a non-issue as of 7.10.0.  Great work, DE, and thanks!

Edited by WingedAnomaly

I did face that a couple times but not as frequently as you propose though.

It is a problem that needs to be fixed but I think it is kinda lag-related...

It's not lag related. Even as a host with only 35ms ping, my Dual Ethers would still do the downward stab on an enemy corpse. I found it hapened often with the Scindo's charged attack, as holding E for another charge when the reticle was very close to a corpse would do the long ground attack animation.

The stab animation definitely still deals damage. I have been able to kill nearby enemies with it, even if they are standing. So for me it is only mildly annoying so far.

Not in a Infested defense mission. WIth at least two Ancients behind your back.

It's not lag related. Even as a host with only 35ms ping, my Dual Ethers would still do the downward stab on an enemy corpse. I found it hapened often with the Scindo's charged attack, as holding E for another charge when the reticle was very close to a corpse would do the long ground attack animation.

It happens to me as well with those exact 2 weapons under those exact conditions. I would kill a mob with a melee and then try to charge attack and it would ground stab instead.

You're not the only one. This bug is happening a lot post-7.9.0, the new death animations are the culprit IMO.