Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Vaykor Marelok Build (Need Opinions)

Ruzom

Question

Vaykor Marelok:

http://warframe-builder.com/Secondary_Weapons/Builder/Vaykor_Marelok/t_30_22000000_193-2-5-194-4-5-196-7-5-204-0-10-206-1-5-207-3-10-212-5-3-263-6-3_204-7-206-6-193-11-207-14-194-7-212-7-263-7-196-9/en/3-0-53/

I already know I am going to need punch through (Seeker) What mod should I exchange that with. I was also thinking should I put the event freeze mod on since it gives the 60% status and switch pistol pestilence with the other toxic mod pathogen rounds since that gives 90% toxic instead of 60% toxic and Ill be getting the other 60% status from the freeze mod.

Also i know it says I lack points but I didnt place out the formas I have thats why

5 answers to this question

Personally I use Ice storm over deep freeze in most of my builds, 20% less of freeze damage doesn't significantly affect me since i can just fire the weapon more without needing to reload with that extra mag capacity :s

I hope this was helpful <3

Edited by Somedude1000

I would drop magnum force and concussion rounds.

Honestly though, the way I build my vaykor is 3 dual stat elements and the trio pistol mods. The other 2 slots can be anything from faction mod, 90% elemental mod or punch through. On the contrary, I don't really need ice storm since vaykor base 10 mag is usually more than enough.

Instead of deep freeze put either the elemental 60% status and damage mod or get a 90% increase damage mod like the fire, poison, or electric ones. For the concussion rounds do the same, you now have a better customization. With that said you can still have your elements and now increased damage. And the best part, more status chance!. Btw i would drop the magnum force because it isnt that worth it, just add another 90% elemental increase mod to take up for it and now you get better accuracy.

Here would be my build:

(Btw all maxed)

Hornet strike

barrel defusion

lethal torrent

heated charge

convulsion

pathogen rounds

frostbite (or other one of the 60% damage and status mods of your choice)

pistol pestilance (same thing)

http://warframe-builder.com/Secondary_Weapons/Builder/Vaykor_Marelok/t_30_22233000_193-1-5-195-4-5-202-3-5-204-0-10-206-2-5-209-5-5-212-7-3-356-6-3_204-7-193-6-206-6-202-6-195-6-209-11-356-7-212-7/en/3-0-53/43498/0

Hope this helps and good luck on your build!

Edited by jmulet4297

There is something wrong going on with your build.

Given the corrosive and cold I suspect you are going for void.

Consider the following:

The vaykor marelok has high impact damage. Impact is a decent alternative to cold to take out shields.

I see that you put cold and more impact. This is redundant.

Remove both cold and impact mods. The base impact damage is more than enough to shred shields.

Pack as much corrosive as possible (all 4 elec + toxin mods).

In the last empty slot, put anything as you please. Seeker if you want. If you really need to use cold, avoid deep freeze.

Consider Expel mods for non-void.

EDIT:

since the introduction of Corrupted Bombards, corrosive might not be 100% meta right now. Myself I run happily a radiation secondary and a corrosive primary.

Edited by dadaddadada

In addition to the three base pistol mods (Hornet Strike, Barrel Diff, Lethal Torrent), I find Seeker a must for the Vaykor Marelok. You can kill more enemies per shot with it, which in turn gives you more affinity per shot, thus triggering the Justice effect more often. 

Then the other four mods are a combination of two event elemental mods (to get status up to 98%) and two raw 90% elemental mods. Depends on the situation.