The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: A Movable "base Ship" To Help Reduce Farming

Qb3rt

Very simple idea:

- Create a tiny little Tenno base ship that can orbit a 'planet' once you've 'cleared' the system. It surveys the region when orbiting allowing you to gain double resources from that system.

- Would provide a modest means to ease a bit of the farming aspect.

- Should take a considerable (and scaling) amount of time to move your base ship from one system to another (~1-2 days per orbital distance would seem fair).

- Can add a little tiny graphic (little blinking light? whatever) in the main menu graphic showing it orbiting something or currently "in transit". Would add some cool depth to the already supercool star-system graphic.

Edited by Qb3rt

Should only get through bp dropped from alert mission? Sounds cool though...

Eventually it could grow into your own 'room' where you can get furniture and decor from bp, credits, or plat...

;p

I really like this idea. I feel it would be a good thing to focus on as a follow up to Update 8 -- first you have the team focused large update, then you have the solo focused large update. After that would be a good time to begin world-expansion.

Could you elaborate on that? I'm not quite catching your logic.

If you have a ship that doubles resource drops from one system, and takes days to move between them, it discourages playing in any other system.

If you have a ship that doubles resource drops from one system, and takes days to move between them, it discourages playing in any other system.

It's not so much discouraging the other systems as it is encouraging that one. There's a very fine line between the two, but this is a clear case of encouragement -- keep in mind the boosters are double affinity and credits, yet widely considered a waste in my experience.

think this would be great in some cases

besides just drop bonuses would there also be in mission bonuses?

like if your in an open area you can have the ship bomb the area

or blasting holes in the next area on a space mission to expose the enemy to vacuum (obviously cant be used in every area)

emergency evacuation of squad or person.

think if you had a space ship in this type of situation it would have some sort of weapons