Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Orokin Challenge!

2ply

THE OROKIN CHALLENGE!

You will be given an oppertunity to pass a solo test...this test is randomly generated so you will have no idea what you will face, you might even have to solo the Stalker...after a long and difficult parkour run.

This test is called the Orokin Challenge, a time when the LOTUS will award deserving Tenno with an Orokin Catalyst or Reactor.

You will only be given this oppertunity to take the Orokin Challenge after you have reached Mastery Level 5.

Once you have mastery level 5 you will need to prove your worth by earning "honor points" from completing missions as a group, playing solo does not award honor points.

To earn honor points as stated you will need to complete missions as a group where all members of the group are at the extraction together when you blast off.

If there is 1 Tenno not with the Group...no one recieves Honor points for that mission.

You will need to obtain a SET number of honor points in order to take the OROKIN CHALLENGE...and you can only do this challenge once every 3 days.

The challenge will be very difficult with no way of knowing how to plan for it, so you must be ready for anything.

Unlike Mastery XP points, your honor points will cap at the required amount for the challenge, once the challenge is completed your honor points will be reset to 0.

You will be given the choice of catalyst or reactor from the LOTUS once the challenge is complete.

That is all Tenno!

Edited by 2ply

Well thank you for considering my College's firewall, which does not allow me to play multiplayer. And considering how fast my college is at answering e-mails and requests, it may take a month before I can see multiplayer, only to cry at the sight of rushers, trolls and flamers. :P

Well thank you for considering my College's firewall, which does not allow me to play multiplayer. And considering how fast my college is at answering e-mails and requests, it may take a month before I can see multiplayer, only to cry at the sight of rushers, trolls and flamers. :P

THis is unfortunate Tenno...this game is based on Co-op..and as such you will need to get that fixed before you can compete for Honor Points. You will still have the oppertunity to take on the ALERT missions like everyone else.

May brighter days fall apon you.

Mastery LVL 5?

The whiners wont last that long.

Its a concept...but there is no point at this moment to rank up past mastery lvl 4...just thought I would add several little improvements to one post...notice how I implimented a way to enforce team work...or at least to encourage rushers to wait...though I know this isn't perfect..but its an idea.

THis is unfortunate Tenno...this game is based on Co-op..and as such you will need to get that fixed before you can compete for Honor Points. You will still have the oppertunity to take on the ALERT missions like everyone else.

May brighter days fall apon you.

If this game was based on co-op there wouldn't be a solo mode.... Just saying. :P

Jokes aside, I actually quite like the idea.

If this game was based on co-op there wouldn't be a solo mode.... Just saying. :P

Jokes aside, I actually quite like the idea.

I apprecieate your approval, and I know it must stink to have connectivity issues. Thank you for the post.

I don't like the idea of only earning 'honor' if every one is at the pad, there will be that one jerk who intentionally stays off of it just so no one gets anything, probably the same guys who rush.

A little much, methinks. That would let someone who plays a lot get a free Orokin every three days. Maybe only once per Mastery rank, so you can only get a max of 30 free ones, which is honestly plenty.

Its a concept, something to get the developers thinking a bit about new things. But in response to your concerns...this Orokin Challenge is randomly generated, you will have no idea what you are facing. Most likely you will fail.

If you are a person who does not have the money to buy platinum, you are most likely not going to be ubber geared and this increases your chances of failing. Its a vicious system but it will enable players to have some control over their chances of obtaining an orokin reactor or catalyst and that in turn will allow them to become better prepared for the next time they do the challenge..

And again..this plan promotes HOURS and HOURS..of grinding...perhaps just so much that you would be LUCKY if you could get enough Honor points by running misisons in a 3 day window...I'm talking not an easy task, and the honor points don't spill over into the next challenge...you get a cap once you reach that cap you can take a test..if you fail..you wait 3 days...but you do not get more points until the test is completed.

I don't like the idea of only earning 'honor' if every one is at the pad, there will be that one jerk who intentionally stays off of it just so no one gets anything, probably the same guys who rush.

There is always going to be that ONE GUY that wants to do something to hurt everyone.

There is no way to avoid that one guy..this is a step to encourage the millions of those "one guys" to not be a jerk for a change and get some kind of rewards for it.

Think about it...if he wants to be the 1 jerk that doesn't make it to the extraction..he's only hurting himself double..no mission XP and NO honor points too also...he would have in effect proven how stupid he truly is.

Edited by 2ply

Agree.. at that point or they already kited or already got/bought one

There are 12 warframes in this game and they are making more...can you count how many weapons there are in total?

I have them all, aside from the melee weapons..and let me tell you...I only had a fraction of those weapons by mastery level 5.

Some people just don't have money or choose not to spend it on a FTP game..this is for those people.

Heck I for one would like to have a chance every once and awhile to get a free orokin catalyst or reactor instead of spending out of my thousands of platinum...

I'm very frugal..and so are many of the others who have spent real money to get pretend money!

Edited by 2ply

There is always going to be that ONE GUY that wants to do something to hurt everyone.

There is no way to avoid that one guy..this is a step to encourage the millions of those "one guys" to not be a jerk for a change and get some kind of rewards for it.

Think about it...if he wants to be the 1 jerk that doesn't make it to the extraction..he's only hurting himself double..no mission XP and NO honor points too also...he would have in effect proven how stupid he truly is.

You obviously don't understand how they work, its fine to hurt themselves alittle as long as they hurt other people to, the reward for them is that th ey annoyed/hurt some one else, not any in game currency that they do or do not earn in addition to messing with others.

You obviously don't understand how they work, its fine to hurt themselves alittle as long as they hurt other people to, the reward for them is that th ey annoyed/hurt some one else, not any in game currency that they do or do not earn in addition to messing with others.

Can I ask you....are there people in the game that do this now?

And do you think this would to some degree give those people more incentive to work as a team?

If you get one of these people in your group..just leave form a new group..hell you can even report them for griefing if you wish.

I know how these people work, I've played a couple games before.

The point I made still stands. This will offer people rewards to work as a team or to at the very least all be on the extraction zone at the end of a mission. If you don't like those people who troll..don't do public groups find friends, or just leave the group aftewards..its not the end of the world if someone yanks your chain..

There are already people doing this in game now.

Noticed how people don't want to pay monies for anything, and thought how can we perhaps help these people feel like the game is less pay to win !

I respectfully disagree with the original concept. In the defense of these players the term "free to play" is a terrible term. For a game like this, with a team to build it and servers to build and maintain, it is not free. They really should call it a free never ending trial or something. Games on this scale must turn a profit in the real world in one way or another or they could not be in the first place. This game already has thousands and thousands of man hours sunk into it. You expect the designers to work for free? How do they pay the bills? Buy the server? If you like the game, show some love and drop a little cash. If you don't then uninstall. If you like the game and your are dead to rights broke (or really frugal), be thankful you can play the game at all because if it wast for this " free to play" theory, it would have been released for $60 dollars a copy and might have had a subscription fee on top of that.

Edited by Carcharias

I like your system 2ply. Maybe allow us at the end to choose between slots or potatoes? i know i know i should shut up about it by now...

Actually thats a good addition man, having the choice between new weapon slots or warframe slots or the Orokin catalysts and Reactors. I was thinking about that too, but its the OROKIN CHALLENGE...maybe they can just have another system where you use the same "HONOR POINTS" but the challenge would be used to buy slots...or just spend the points on a slot instead of the challege..something like that.

I respectfully disagree with the original concept. In the defense of these players the term "free to play" is a terrible term. For a game like this, with a team to build it and servers to build and maintain, it is not free. They really should call it a free never ending trial or something. Games on this scale must turn a profit in the real world in one way or another or they could not be in the first place. This game already has thousands and thousands of man hours sunk into it. You expect the designers to work for free? How do they pay the bills? Buy the server? If you like the game, show some love and drop a little cash. If you don't then uninstall. If you like the game and your are dead to rights broke (or really frugal), be thankful you can play the game at all because if it wast for this " free to play" theory, it would have been released for $60 dollars a copy and might have had a subscription fee on top of that.

I totally agree, everything aside from new colors and character/warframe slots can be obtained through gaming and waiting.

I am on board with your thinking though, the developers needs moar monies!

I gave my 300 bucks..(GM+Extra)

And I think there will always be people who have no patience and must buy stuff because they are like I MUST HAZ new shiney!

That is what these companies really turn a profit from...impatience and those with impulsive spending habbits...I fit into one or both of those categories.

+1

Good concept, would give me more reason to log in now and grind missions again!

This seems like a good way to keep people playing longer, it gives them more to work towards, and there are always other things that can be added in that would want users to get platinum more. Like rare mods, if the option to buy a specific extremely rare mod for platinum was given i'm sure a ton of people would want to get it.

This seems like a good way to keep people playing longer, it gives them more to work towards, and there are always other things that can be added in that would want users to get platinum more. Like rare mods, if the option to buy a specific extremely rare mod for platinum was given i'm sure a ton of people would want to get it.

Indeed!

Can I ask you....are there people in the game that do this now?

And do you think this would to some degree give those people more incentive to work as a team?

If you get one of these people in your group..just leave form a new group..hell you can even report them for griefing if you wish.

I know how these people work, I've played a couple games before.

The point I made still stands. This will offer people rewards to work as a team or to at the very least all be on the extraction zone at the end of a mission. If you don't like those people who troll..don't do public groups find friends, or just leave the group aftewards..its not the end of the world if someone yanks your chain..

There are already people doing this in game now.

There are, and i guess it would add at least a little ensentive, More than what they currently have.