Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx Blueprint Drop Rate Is Too Low.

Rabcor

Just to be clear, i've farmed many warframes.

So far i've farmed

Ember, Trinity, Frost, Saryn, Rhino and Ash (Banshee isn't farmable so she doesn't count, but i finally got her helmet on Defense reward)

And i'm up with Nyx next...

I've killed Phorid (boss that drops Nyx in Naeglar on Eris) quite a few times, i had a handful of neurodes when i started, i estimate 8 or 9.

At this point i have had 7 Chassis drops, 1 helmet drop, 0 Systems drop, probably a bit over 100k Credits from rewards of mission completion and i have 23 Neurodes (so we can assume i've had about 15 drop)

sometimes he just drops plastids and a mod.

i didn't actually count how many times i killed him, but would have if i'd have expected it to come to this. I've gotten to the point where i've found an extremely quick method of killing him without even using a glitch to do it so i can now just run in, kill, run out. (Ignoring everything else i meet on the way)

He seems to drop blueprints more rarely than any other boss i've farmed, and he seems to be way less likely to drop systems and helmets than any other boss i've farmed aswell.

Its taking way way way too long, and it got boring a while ago. It certianly was never easy to farm the blueprints... but the hours i've spent without a single system drop... this sucks.

Edited by rabcor

The worst part is that it seems the extraction point on assassination missions was not moved closer to the boss. it takes me longer to run to extraction than to kill this guy.

Edit: Oh look, another chassis... i'll be so rich after i finally get systems.

Edited by rabcor

Like everyone else has noted: it's RNG. I remember Nyx took me a whopping 10 runs. Saryn? 4 runs. Frost? I believe somewhere around 5-10 runs. Ember took a few days, Mag took a few hours... I think it was Ash was an Afternoon's worth. Or maybe that was Ember...can't remember.

I'm not gloating; just telling it like it is. RNG is RNG.

Yes they use an RNG, and i knew that.

how do you think they decide the frequency of drops?

RNG for a number between X and Y and you get this, then between Y and Z for that.

What controls how common a drop is is how many numbers there are inbetween the 2 values that will return a specific drop in the game. this is largely just speculation but i can't think of many other ways to do this.

It's like someone said before, too random at it's current state. For example a solution could be that if the game detects you have a chassis blueprint in your inventory, the chances for rolling for a chassis when the boss drops the blueprint will be reduced (and the chances for rolling for helmet and systems increased) or if it detects you have 2/3 items, it is most likely that you will get the missing one. 

The flaw with that solution is that if done this way, it would probably have to be bound to every player in the game-session (thus making it easiest to get the right blueprints to drop from bosses by soloing)

This is a good solution because it would shorten the time for the less lucky players of farming bosses to get warframes, without reducing much the time it takes for players who are lucky to get the blueprints. After doing something like this the best way to make it still hard to get blueprints would probably be to just reduce the drop frequency of blueprints. (But i think it's pretty good where it is now even if the system worked like i just suggested)

Edited by rabcor

Yes they use an RNG, and i knew that.

how do you think they decide the frequency of drops?

RNG for a number between X and Y and you get this, then between Y and Z for that.

What controls how common a drop is is how many numbers there are inbetween the 2 values that will return a specific drop in the game. this is largely just speculation but i can't think of many other ways to do this.

It's like someone said before, too random at it's current state. For example a solution could be that if the game detects you have a chassis blueprint in your inventory, the chances for rolling for a chassis when the boss drops the blueprint will be reduced (and the chances for rolling for helmet and systems increased) or if it detects you have 2/3 items, it is most likely that you will get the missing one. 

The flaw with that solution is that if done this way, it would probably have to be bound to every player in the game-session (thus making it easiest to get the right blueprints to drop from bosses by soloing)

This is a good solution because it would shorten the time for the less lucky players of farming bosses to get warframes, without reducing much the time it takes for players who are lucky to get the blueprints. After doing something like this the best way to make it still hard to get blueprints would probably be to just reduce the drop frequency of blueprints. (But i think it's pretty good where it is now even if the system worked like i just suggested)

However, put this on a business side of view, doing so would decrease the amount of money spent on people buying warframes, since they would be so easy to come by with that system.

Keep in mind that while this is F2P, they still need to make money.

but i do keep that in mind all the time, i'm talking about making it easier, not making it easy, just a simple mechanism so people wont have to farm for days to get the blueprint, after all they still have to wait 12 hours and 3 days to get the warframe. (3 days is pretty outrageous, it should be 1)

And they still have to get the boss to drop a blueprint, and they still have a chance of getting blueprints they already had, they'll just simply have better chances of getting the items that they need if the boss decides to drop a blueprint in the first place.

It'd still be a farm, the difference is that the chances of needing to kill the boss for a whole day to get all the items would be much lower, they'll also still have to farm the components and credits to build all tihs stuff.

In my opinon however the farming is in fact a big part of the fun, so i mostly don't buy stuff for the platinum that i already have (except unfarmable things, like potatoes and skins and color palettes). just needing to farm the same thing for too long at a time to get the amount/value you need isn't as fun. Take farming out of this game and it'd only be a shell of what it used to be (is now) it has to be there, but it has to be fair too.

Edited by rabcor

I felt weird reading this because I got the Systems and chassis lots of times but no helmet. :P

Not hatin' though, because it was the same for me trying to get Frost Systems but the problem is that all the Warframe systems Blueprint have a low rate for the drop.

Its all about Luck.

Just to be clear, i've farmed many warframes.

So far i've farmed

Ember, Trinity, Frost, Saryn, Rhino and Ash (Banshee isn't farmable so she doesn't count, but i finally got her helmet on Defense reward)

And i'm up with Nyx next...

I've killed Phorid (boss that drops Nyx in Naeglar on Eris) quite a few times, i had a handful of neurodes when i started, i estimate 8 or 9.

At this point i have had 7 Chassis drops, 1 helmet drop, 0 Systems drop, probably a bit over 100k Credits from rewards of mission completion and i have 23 Neurodes (so we can assume i've had about 15 drop)

sometimes he just drops plastids and a mod.

i didn't actually count how many times i killed him, but would have if i'd have expected it to come to this. I've gotten to the point where i've found an extremely quick method of killing him without even using a glitch to do it so i can now just run in, kill, run out. (Ignoring everything else i meet on the way)

He seems to drop blueprints more rarely than any other boss i've farmed, and he seems to be way less likely to drop systems and helmets than any other boss i've farmed aswell.

Its taking way way way too long, and it got boring a while ago. It certianly was never easy to farm the blueprints... but the hours i've spent without a single system drop... this sucks.

all of those down votes. Those are from people who delt with it and built it without *@##$ing about it on the forums.

I've got all my 6 warframes (not counting starting one and banshee) in under 2 hours each. I'm surprised by how many people have problems dropping the BPs, like people that say that you usually get all the BPs in about 4 to 7 days.

From what I've seen so far all the bosses have the same drop rate for for Blue Prints, and every different type of BP drops at the same rate.

I've got all my 6 warframes (not counting starting one and banshee) in under 2 hours each. I'm surprised by how many people have problems dropping the BPs, like people that say that you usually get all the BPs in about 4 to 7 days.

From what I've seen so far all the bosses have the same drop rate for for Blue Prints, and every different type of BP drops at the same rate.

i also got all mine under 2 hours, most in 3-6 runs really so when people say they done +50 am just like... yeeah riight >.> but some people are proberly unlucky, the one that took me most time we're nyx got all bp in 8 runs

It's not just me having the problem with nyx system, my friend farmed for it for 3 days (although not playing all the time) he got 10 chassis and 2 helmets before he got 1 systems (today) i got 8 chassis and 1 helmet before getting 1 systems.

And he also noticed a lot of the same people farming for systems over these couple of days he was doing it that had been working on it for days aswell.

This is the only warframe i ever farmed for that i didn't get in under 4 hours.

Interesting. Personally for me, Mag, Volt, Trinity, Ash, Saryn, and Nyx BPs dropped in under 10 runs per boss. Those were primarily solo runs however. For Rhino and Frost, I did co-op runs with my friend. Over 50 runs per boss. Maybe it's a coincidence, or maybe BP drop rates increase in solo runs due to increased difficulty in fighting a boss on your own.

Edited by Ruzu

All the blue prints take time, I had to do Lech Krill 143 times to get Frost. It was worth it though.

I'm coming up on that number or I might have passed it... 16 bps dropped. 10 chassis, 6 helmets; along with 50 Orokin Cells. Been at it for a week. I just need the Frost and Banshee Systems and I'm done.

It looks like I'll have to have a talk with Generator.

Edited by Rand0mNumbers

Dude consider yourself lucky i got my volt systems after 6 days of farming, it's random you might get it under 10 runs or in over a 100 the point is you will get it eventually. Also they just nerfed Nyx so you might want to reconsider farming her.

if you are not lucky support developper buy a nyx

Why should the developer be supported if this person is unlucky? This sort of thing drives people away from actually spending money, telling somebody that their effort means nothing and then saying that they can always pay you to get the reward instead is not going to make you money.