The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bladed Fan

Zzz702

With the recent release of the glaive (a weapon I always thought was a big stick with a blade on the end (goes to show how much I know)) I was thinking another fun throwing weapon or even a short blade reskined, would be a bladed fan. Female friendly ninja weapon :) Saryn said she approves.

Assassins-Creed-Brotherhood-Fan-Blade-Ki

First time trying to post a picture... Anyway picture is an example from assassins creed brotherhood (hopefully it's not against forum rules to post pics from other games :x forgive me if it is.). But of course something more space ninja-y...

As far as I know, "glaive" usually refers to a poleaxe kinda thing. It's interpretation as more of a chakram-style weapon is a bit more recent. But on the subject, yeah a pair of war fans would be badass. Maybe give them a unique block bonus for deflecting bullets due to their relatively large surface area and low weight. Maybe a bonus to stealth dmg. I would totally want to see something like this in the game.

increase the size of the fan by 5x (wrt the image above), and make it out of shiny metal blades.

Works as clubs when closed, and blades when opened, and shield when blocking.

And flying? Spin the whole fan like a flying saucer for wide slashing goodness, or separate the blades that makes up each fan to fire them as individual piercing projectiles (like a storm of flying daggers)...