Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Previewing Removes Formatting

_Kireek_

Noticed something weird today while previewing a post. When using BBCode tags that modify text (bold, italic etc.), the tags disappear when you preview the post, to be replaced with the formatting even in the editing box. The problem is that it then doesn't keep that formatting when you preview it again, or post it.

eg. I used a [ i ] tag in one of my posts. After pressing the Preview Post button, both the preview and the editing box had the word in italics, rather than retaining the tags in the edit box. I dismissed this, made some further edits to my post, and updated the preview. Now the word was only in italics in the edit box, but not the preview. I had to re-add the tags for the word to be italicised in the finished post.

I'm aware I can just use the MSWord-styled buttons above the edit box, or the keyboard shortcut. But this is a forum, so my automatic instinct is to use BBCode tags. It feels wrong to be pressing Ctrl-I in a forum edit box.

Hm. Is that still happening consistently? I've been trying to trigger it myself out of curiosity and formatting appears to be kept on the second preview.

Although one thing I did find odd is that it is apparently impossible to un-italicize a word if you use the BBcode followed by a preview. Well, without deleting it entirely I mean.