Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Platinum And It's Effects / Build Times

Ultarion

Hello everyone

I have recently started playing Warframe and I can say that it has alot of potential.

One thing that is bothering me is the obvious edge paying players get over free players. and I have seen this happen in many free to play games.

From my point of view I see that paying should only affect cosmetics like Colors and maybe helmets ( even though they have a slight change to the gameplay but in the end they are a tradeoff ) and Progression in which I mean the time you spend to maximize your rank on your Warframe and Weapons ( Affinity and Credits Booster ). Consumables are also acceptable.

Other than that like unlocking Different Warframes, Mods, Weapons with platinum should be removed from the market and should only be obtainable through actual gameplay.

Assuming these changes would be applied I see no reason to have a build timer. It takes days to gather the necessary resources to build a new weapon or a warframe and the player is eager to use them, then he gets to wait even more ( 12 up to 72 hours ) to use these items he spent alot of time and energy to make.

Hello everyone

I have recently started playing Warframe and I can say that it has alot of potential.

One thing that is bothering me is the obvious edge paying players get over free players. and I have seen this happen in many free to play games.

From my point of view I see that paying should only affect cosmetics like Colors and maybe helmets ( even though they have a slight change to the gameplay but in the end they are a tradeoff ) and Progression in which I mean the time you spend to maximize your rank on your Warframe and Weapons ( Affinity and Credits Booster ). Consumables are also acceptable.

Other than that like unlocking Different Warframes, Mods, Weapons with platinum should be removed from the market and should only be obtainable through actual gameplay.

Assuming these changes would be applied I see no reason to have a build timer. It takes days to gather the necessary resources to build a new weapon or a warframe and the player is eager to use them, then he gets to wait even more ( 12 up to 72 hours ) to use these items he spent alot of time and energy to make.

What is this edge you speak off?

Because every Warframe purely influences your playstyle and all weapons have roughly the same DPS.

So, what edge?

I disagree, Warframe does pay-for-convenience rather well IMHO.

As an unemployed person, I have time on my hands to farm mats, BPs and creds. My brother, who is a working person, doesn't exactly get the time to play as much as I do. But he does get a monthly pay.

So I have to take 12 hours for each part, and 3 days for the warframe itself. I'm fine with that, waiting increases anticipation, making claiming a finished warframe -that- much sweeter. It's like the game is saying "Good job farming all that stuff, man. Now take three days off and get some rest, you proper need it".

why are you so angry about this? ffc your a paying player (Master rank)!

Even if he is a Founder doesn't mean that he wants to straight out buy things. He might have bought Founders with the intent to support the DEvs, instead of 'buying power' (which doesn't apply since there's no PvP).

Welcome to Warframe, Ultarion!

Anyway, I have to disagree. Being able to purchase warframes with plat is simple a convenience thing. The only thing you gain by doing so is saved time. Your not getting any other benefits. All frames are pretty balanced, but that is even beside the point as this is purely a PVE game, so it doesn't even go anywhwere near p2w. 

Personally I bought a few frames with my plat (Volk, Loki, Nyx), I mean, what else am I meant to do with it all? Now though I have decided to craft frames, as I don't want to burn out too quickly, and it gives a bit more meaning to boss fights. Plus I want to save plat for slots and purchases of future cool weapons like when the Glaive was released.

Pretty sure there is no item that is only attainable by using platinum. Everything can be farmed for or purchased using in-game currency (credits). Sure they will be blueprints and you have to wait but it isn't a big deal. Platinum is for having things now much like how they did with the Glaive. You can buy it with platinum and check it right away, or you can do alerts and wait til the Glaive Blueprint comes up. This is a choice for the player and gives the devs a way to make money on their game with people who prefer to have things right away.

I personally do not see any problem with how it has been implemented.

He is either poor (which is always a very bad thing) or pointing out the fact u can buy ranked weaps with no rank reqirements.

Cheerz

False. You can't buy ranked weapons with no rank requirements, you're XP locked from an item no matter what. Want that HEK even though you have 500 plat? To bad, you're not rank 4.

There's also several melee weapons that can literally only be acquired in game and crafted, that you can not buy directly. (A simple, although silly, example: Have any of you seen a Cronus in the store? Cause you can't buy it, at all.)

I'm waiting for my Ember now(Just a little over a day to go!). I would uh, you know give angry feedback on the forums about how unfair I think a build timer is, especially after farming for the damn Systems BPs and stare at the foundry in rage, but then again I'd rather read a couple of topics like these and help my friends farm their components and all.

I'm OK with in game purchases as a revenue model. The only problem I have with Warframes implementation is that everything is too expensive. An MMO typically cost 10-20EUR a month and I can put that much into platinum a month and be OK with it.But the way it is now you have to spend thousands of plats just to try out the different frames and weapons. You want to try them out to find out what you like but there is noway that I will pay 200EUR to test them. So what will happen with the current system? For me, I bought a sniper rifle  didn't like it. Sold it to get money to buy something else... that item sucked too. Now I will grind the things I got from the start till I'm bored with the game.

What do I think Warframe should do to make money? I think at least one item of each type and all warframes should be easily obtainable by ingame actions (non plat money) so you can get a feel for the item/frame. If you don't like it? Sell it back without great loss or just keep it. What should be sold are upgrades, addons and consumables (not levels). I can buy the frame I want and test it out on a lvl1 mission. Didn't like it. No loss. I liked it and put upgrades on it. You sell it you lose the upgrades.

Alternative to this would be a fitting trial mission system where you can try out warframes, weapons and addons against different mobs. It will cost you nothing but you will gain nothing (no skill ups, drops or xp).

why are you so angry about this? ffc your a paying player (Master rank)!

I don't know where you got the idea about me being angry. But that is beside the point, I got master rank because I wanted to analyze the situation from both perspectives before discussing it  ( Free player and Paying player ).

The value of real money varies greatly from a person to another, and personally I think in-game achievements should not be related to it. True gamers like myself appreciate accomplishments when its earned not bought.

I still payed because I support this great game and I look forward to it's success.

Cheers