The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Crash On Host

DigitalWarfare

Title: Since Thursdays update I have been unable to host ANY mission.

Type of bug: Functionality/Crash.

Frequency: Always.

Can duplicate: Yes, 100%.

Description: Warframe crashes when attempting to host a mission.This did not occur before Thursday. The missions crash regardless of the privacy settings (solo, friends, public). They occur with or without anyone else present in the squad.

Additional information: I have not changed my configuration or downloaded any new drivers, software, or installed any new hardware. Something in Thursdays update does not agree with my machine.

I have the same issue. It is also 100% reproduceable for me. The crash happens just before the loading screen would appear. The screen fades to black, the UI hangs around for a second, game crashes to desktop, and the crash reporter shows up.

I can work around it by turning multi-threaded rendering off in the launcher. Though that has the unfortunate effect of lowering my framerate to near unplayable states in Tower missions.

EDIT: Attempting to host a mission with full-screen off, like DigitalWarfare suggests, does work for me. Even with multi-threaded rendering on, which seemed to have caused my problem before.

Edited by DoctorGyarados

This happens to me too. Since a few days ago, WF is crashing like crazy! I could reproduce it by starting T1 Survivals, Vor mission, Tyl Regor mission, and any other mission after 2 or 3 runs. I already verified, optimized and even reinstalled the game. Haven't done any change in hardware.

The solution that has worked for me is to change my settings in the WARFRAME loader to non full screen. Unticking Full-Screen in the loader options has fixed the host crashes for me.

This solution was not suggested by the support. They suggested verifying my game through the WARFRAME loader (which is sound advice) so I recommend you do the same - just in case you have some corrupt files. This wasn't the issue for me, as I verified the game files and restarted the client, but I still kept getting crashes 100%. So I tried copying the setup they showed me in their screenshot (so I could find where the Verify button was) and thought "ooh I'll untick Full-Screen like they have" and it worked.

It couldn't hurt to try unticking Full-Screen and seeing if you can host games like that. It worked for me, so far anyways.

Edited by DigitalWarfare