Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone Scared Of Terminator Becoming Non Fiction?

zavienh5

-snip-

-snip-

Okay, okay you two. That's enough fighting. While there is yet to be any possibility of this happening any time in our lifetimes, or in the future nearafter. There is still a possibility of it happening in the far off future. But not until science can produce a more powerful heat efficient CPU.

Okay, okay you two. That's enough fighting. While there is yet to be any possibility of this happening any time in our lifetimes, or in the future nearafter. There is still a possibility of it happening in the far off future. But not until science can produce a more powerful heat efficient CPU.

Lol, but seriously, there is proof that Terminator can just be possible thou

You do realize these robots aren't like the Terminator at all. These are programmed to kill specific targets in times of war. Hell, the pentagon don't even want to use these because they have good judgement. That is the difference between something like the matrix/terminator and reality. In reality, we would never give a robot near full A.I. without heavy restrictions, and these would only be programmed to do  very specific things.

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/need-to-know/uncategorized/the-false-fear-of-autonomous-weapons/15835/

Edited by TheErebus

You do realize these robots aren't like the Terminator at all. These are programmed to kill specific targets in times of war. Hell, the pentagon don't even want to use these because they have good judgement. That is the difference between something like the matrix/terminator and reality. In reality, we would never give a robot near full A.I. without heavy restrictions, and these would only be programmed to do  very specific things.

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/need-to-know/uncategorized/the-false-fear-of-autonomous-weapons/15835/

How do they know, 100% of the time that  that is the specific target they're looking for?

Like, how can they tell the difference between a ally soldier and a enemy soldier?

How do they know, 100% of the time that  that is the specific target they're looking for?

Like, how can they tell the difference between a ally soldier and a enemy soldier?

Typically they would use Identification systems like face recognition or have access to a database of soldiers, and cross-reference them with soldiers on the battlefield. But like I said, all of this is still manned, we do not have any form of fully A.I. combat machinery.

Typically they would use Identification systems like face recognition or have access to a database of soldiers, and cross-reference them with soldiers on the battlefield. But like I said, all of this is still manned, we do not have any form of fully A.I. combat machinery.

I know...I said eventually people will be so lazy in the future and technology will reach the point where robots can operate as A.I.'s and what if they malfunction?  Humans by that point will be lazy, what can they do?

I know...I said eventually people will be so lazy in the future and technology will reach the point where robots can operate as A.I.'s and what if they malfunction?  Humans by that point will be lazy, what can they do?

You seriously need to stop using logic from films to back up your arguments. No human would be so lazy that if something malfunctioned, they wouldn't know what to do. We'd still have scientists and engineers who would work on these things and fix them.  

You seriously need to stop using logic from films to back up your arguments. No human would be so lazy that if something malfunctioned, they wouldn't know what to do. We'd still have scientists and engineers who would work on these things and fix them.  

Don't you know that a handful of population are just rather too lazy to find a job?  Do you even know the reason why?

Just because a handful are lazy does not mean the future will have everyone be lazy, please be realistic.

Once unemployment becomes greater, technology becomes stronger, taking place of human operated jobs, people will eventually give up, technology will probably start assisting humans, obviously, it was the point of their development.  Don't you see the connection?

Once unemployment becomes greater, technology becomes stronger, taking place of human operated jobs, people will eventually give up, technology will probably start assisting humans, obviously, it was the point of their development.  Don't you see the connection?

They assist us, but they don't ever fully take over our lives. We are smarter than that. 

Again, you are using film stories and connecting it to real life when in reality, the people who design robots are smarter than you think.

They assist us, but they don't ever fully take over our lives. We are smarter than that. 

Again, you are using film stories and connecting it to real life when in reality, the people who design robots are smarter than you think.

Really...I dont get how this is connecting to film stories....I'm using facts from articles I read...

Do you know why the US started out strong? And now the US is going downfall and China is gonna be on the top of the reign again like it was in the Han Dynasty?  Think of it, think of all the contributions that is eventually draggin the US downhill.

Really...I dont get how this is connecting to film stories....I'm using facts from articles I read...

Do you know why the US started out strong? And now the US is going downfall and China is gonna be on the top of the reign again like it was in the Han Dynasty?  Think of it, think of all the contributions that is eventually draggin the US downhill.

I'm done. I am sooooooooo done. You wanna keep living in a world of conspiracies and BS, feel free to do so. Just don't bring it here.

You do realize these robots aren't like the Terminator at all. These are programmed to kill specific targets in times of war. Hell, the pentagon don't even want to use these because they have good judgement. That is the difference between something like the matrix/terminator and reality. In reality, we would never give a robot near full A.I. without heavy restrictions, and these would only be programmed to do very specific things.

Erebus has a point, even though there are robots made to kill they are still limited by settings, there is a quote that said "the creation is only as smart as the creator" even that robot that can walk, it can barely even stand without a human setting it up for about 2 hours, granted there maybe a time were we break though in science and really do make a real AI, but that wont happen for at least hundreds of years, thats if, the human race survives that long.

No? Argument over?

Darn :<

Edited by Amethyst.zero

Erebus has a point, even though there are robots made to kill they are still limited by settings, there is a quote that said "the creation is only as smart as the creator" even that robot that can walk, it can barely even stand without a human setting it up for about 2 hours, granted there maybe a time were we break though in science and really do make a real AI, but that wont happen for at least hundreds of years, thats if, the human race survives that long.

No? Argument over?

Darn :<

......-.