Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Currency Conversions

DivineBovine

From reading Region chat, the most annoying and grindy part of the game is farming for resources.  Why not have some sort of conversion rate?

For example, say I have 200 "common" resources, such as circuits, nano spores and the like. I could convert these into 1 unit of "uncommon" resoucres, such as Alloy Plates and Rubedo.  The conversion rate could be set higher to prevent farming of low level resources to get higher level ones.  Hopefully this would prove an alternative to having to farm so heavily for some of the more wanted resources!

And what would stop you from having conversion rates for the rarer resources? Or multiple currencies to purchase a rare resource?

It could certainly be interesting.

Perhaps tie in a blueprint?

Perhaps market purchase-able blueprints to convert one resource into another, or several into one.

So for example:

6,000 credits buys you a Rubedo Blueprint.

Using advanced fusing techniques and mega-quantum alchemy (Jargon, yeah!) you can turn lumps of ferrite into Rubedo.

This requires:

800 Ferrite

150 Circuits

100 polymer bundles

Crafting time is ~4hours.

The result would be 100-300 Rubedo.

Literally, a range for the reward. It could be a huge success (I'm making a note here!) and reward 300.

It could be a 'meh' scenario and give 100.

EDIT: Obviously these numbers are not meant to be final. A modicum of research into relative material value would need to be done. Also, if not obvious, the Circuit and Polymer bundles were to make the recipe seem less like "Convert materials via game magic" and more like "Use the Foundry to experiment with Orokin technology" which would require expendable research materials and other fuels than just your transmute subject.

This could be a very interesting extension of the foundry.

Edited by LunarWind

What do you mean by rare? Alloy and Rubedo?

They aren't rare (comparatively), its just we need 5000+ of them for Warframes.

I would be ok with a conversion of -all- resources, i.e. there would be conversion rate for everything from rubedo to alloy or from plastids to rubedo.

EXCEPT, "unique" materials from bosses like Control Modules etc.

Lets say you have excessive amounts of nano spores.

You can put them in the oven for lets say 6h to change them into lets say rubedo.

Now depending on how much you put you will get some rubedo.

10k of common could yield 500 uncommon, but 100k could yield 7,5k. So it will still promote people having tons of common materials but still lacking rubedo for new frames instead of getting easier to get material and changing it into something more useful. Also i think that there shouldnt be option to exchange for rare ones and it should be foundry option not another blueprint.