Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Have I Missed Something Or Is Armor Worthless?

wgrant

Different enemies probably deal different types and amounts of damage as well, though. Shields are completely bypassed by Toxic damage, I know. What about the other types of attacks? For instance, does the energy weaponry of the Corpus deal greater damage against health and less against shields or vice versa? Do the Grineer have more armor penetration than flat damage? It's an important aspect regarding the question of armor vs health(or shields)

Different enemies probably deal different types and amounts of damage as well, though. Shields are completely bypassed by Toxic damage, I know. What about the other types of attacks? For instance, does the energy weaponry of the Corpus deal greater damage against health and less against shields or vice versa? Do the Grineer have more armor penetration than flat damage? It's an important aspect regarding the question of armor vs health(or shields)

Spot on...

Also It would be nice though to see some mods or get red orb drops from kills or something to make health less.... of a finite resource.

Im not sure about the math, but i know that i couldnt 'feel' ANY difference to my Ash, Volt or Prime Ex with a 60% armour mod..i mean NONE whatsoever...

it MIGHT be a viable mod for Saryn or Rhino but certainly not for the frames i have tested it on

By the way, I worked out the Frost Aurora Helm math.  It comes down to: The Aurora helm will ALWAYS grant you more effective life than not equipping it.

Lemme just punch the numbers through on a full Vitality Frost taking 1000 health damage with 0 shields.

Base:  As shown in the initial spreadsheet the damage taken will be 400/720 which is 55.55% damage taken.

Alt Helm: Armor changes to 199.5, which grants 66.6% damage reduction.  Health drops to 684.  Damage is now roughly 334/684 which is 48.81% damage taken.

Still no idea on how the Aurora interacts with Steel Fiber, but since I don't have room for everything I want on Frost anyways, I'll not be using SF.

Side note: The Rhino Thrakk helm just tacks 25 hp onto the top of the listed vitality in the chart.  Sadly, Saryn still tanks better in all builds.  The difference is roughly a percentage point.

Conclusion on thoughts about the Frost and Rhino alt helms brought on by this spreadsheet:  Both grant you more effective life.

Steel Fiber maxes at 110%.  What does this add to effective HP?  It depends on the base armor.

10     11%

50     55%

75     82.5%

100   110%

150   165%

NOTE:  It also increases the effective power of healing received by this same amount.

Your level 30 health is always going to be 300%.  We recalculate to see how much effective HP the mods give WITHOUT vitality, relating to the base value.

10     33%

50     165%

75     247.5%

100   330%

150   495%

This is for 14 points.  If vitality went up to 14 it would give 520%.  Even Frost and Rhino are losing out on raw EHP by picking this, but they DO gain a 165% boost to health orb effects.

The big catch is in the synergy between them.  When using both, the bonuses are multiplicitive to EHP increase.  This is what armor adds after you already have vitality equipped.

10     81.4%

50     407%

75     610.5%

100   814%

150   1221%

Frost and rhino depend on stacking both more than others.  Remember they recover 55% more EHP per orb than saryn, 26% more than saryn does.

So by frame, total EHP with both is:

Ash            2025.75

Banshee    821.4

Ember        821.4

Excalibur    1147

Frost          1961

Loki            860.25

Mag            860.25

Nyx             821.4

Rhino         1961

Saryn         2331

Trinity        821.4

Volt            1147

Same results as your chart, in a different form.  Saryn DOES have the highest EHP, but over a longer period with life orbs frost and rhino come out on top for health.

Then you realize that people taking health damage are probably in the middle of lethal crossfire anyway and just stack redirection / fast deflection on every frame while playing smart and using cover.

The end.

Edited by Callback