Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cover system

AdeptSherpard

Cover system can be added without an automatically triggered 'take cover' movement. They're beneficial when you're trying to stealth a mission or play as a new player.

However, cover system like Mass Effect 3 MP (a very similar example in design, with cover system) is not bad but eventually Bioware dev decided to create multiple 'cover breaker' enemies specifically to get players out of their cover. Using cover system actually encourage camping since it's safer to let enemy walk into your fortified position while you shoot them up than running into a mob. Also, ME3 MP players who has been playing long enough won't use the cover system but instead using a 'right hand advantage' and 'soft cover' to increase mobility - like what we already have in Warframe.

However, Warframe has a relatively faster pace than Mass Effect with larger maps - a cover system will slow the flow of combat but create a safer environment for new players - once players are experienced, they're not going to miss it.

The problem with this is that Bioware devs are pants on head $&*&*#(%&, and the only ones who hadn't fled the company after EA's takeover and when ME3 was released were the bottom of the barrel who couldn't get jobs anywhere else.

The problem with this is that Bioware devs are pants on head $&*&*#(%&, and the only ones who hadn't fled the company after EA's takeover and when ME3 was released were the bottom of the barrel who couldn't get jobs anywhere else.

On this at least, we can agree.

• 2 weeks later...