Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Serration Needs To Be Removed

Dio_Brando

I dont think anyone should suggest a serration removal unless they have an answer to enemy scaling, because i feel thats why their arguments get shot down. Simply saying "remove a mod that a ton of experienced players spent a lot of resources maxing", is a bad way to go about things. Now while i do see some logic in removing damage mods to promote customization, i see this as another change that would benefit more new players, i mean having the equivalent of a maxed serration inherently installed on a Braton sounds cool if youre just starting out, but as an experienced player this just seems like a bit of a slap in the face, as now there is one more thing new players can attain just as fast as an experienced player, this just makes it easier for a low rank player to jump straight to the harder content. If you thought new players buying a boltor prime was bad, now they will have both a boltor prime and a maxed serration.

Tl;dr: removing serration is something that (like most things lately) is more slated towards helping new players, and again leaves older players in the dust.

side note: even if enemy scaling was fixed, i cannot say that i realistically seeing anyone suddenly using fast hands because they freed up a new slot. if anything i see people cramming more elements in.

side note: even if enemy scaling was fixed, i cannot say that i realistically seeing anyone suddenly using fast hands because they freed up a new slot. if anything i see people cramming more elements in.

While it's not what the OP suggested, the idea of fixing enemy scaling and player offense/defense should include removing plain improvements from elementals and all other damage mods, and tweaks to all other mods (otherwise RoF would be the new serration).

While it's not what the OP suggested, the idea of fixing enemy scaling and player offense/defense should include removing plain improvements from elementals and all other damage mods, and tweaks to all other mods (otherwise RoF would be the new serration).

I can agree with that at least, if you're going to do something do it right. However, i still maintain that this seems like something that again would hugely benefit newer players, unless something is done to keep the progression that serration, heavy caliber and split chamber had. And i can for see some difficulties when it comes to elemental mods. If we were to remove damage mod, they would need to be altered in someway

Remove base damage mods, buff certain utility mods, rework elemental and multishot mechanics. I feel like claiming we shouldn't do these because older players took the time to max those things is a fallacy, as this is healthier for the entire game, not just newbies. Veterans will no longer have to actively gimp themselves or wait 40 minutes in a survival to face decent challenge, as our current end game would now be able to fill that roll.

As for firerate becoming the new Serration, nothing will ever be the new Serration. Serration is straight up free damage. Firerate comes at a cost of more ammo consumption and reloading more often. Serration has no downsides.

I also think the reload mods need to go about to 100% faster reload. The current formula is misleading as many people assume it's simply taking 30% off the reload time. What it's actually doing is dividing the percent as a decimal.

For example, Gorgon Wraith has a 3 second reload. Most people's assumptions would be 3.0 - (3.0 * 0.3) = 2.1 seconds.

What it's actually doing is 3.0/1.3 = 2.31 seconds

As a result, the first few ranks of reload speed mods are actually far more beneficial than the last few. Putting reload speed mods at 100% would only cut the reload time in half.

Remove base damage mods, buff certain utility mods, rework elemental and multishot mechanics. I feel like claiming we shouldn't do these because older players took the time to max those things is a fallacy, as this is healthier for the entire game, not just newbies. Veterans will no longer have to actively gimp themselves or wait 40 minutes in a survival to face decent challenge, as our current end game would now be able to fill that roll.

I never said we should not do these things. Id be all for more customization options in the future i was simply saying i saw this as more of a way to help new players because they benefit more, at least most of the ideas being thrown around are anyway. The fact still remains that a ton of work went into maxing out those mods and that should be accounted for in some way. and as for the only challenge being 40 min survival thing and gimping, id say this point is kinda invalid as 8 man raids are soon to be implemented, which have been claimed by DE to be difficult with them even saying "Raid content is incredibly difficult, and players need to figure out how to tackle the challenges we put forth on their own. Definitely not beginner friendly".  so more challenge is coming regardless of removing damage mods or not. In essence i have no seen anything that has really convinced me that these mods need to be removed because like i said, 1. seemingly more beneficial towards newer players 2. a ton of work went into those mods which seemingly everyone ignores 3. more challenging content is on the way, which id imagine would need good damage to get through