The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Massive Frame Rate Drop With New Update 04/05/2013

EnvisionV

Hi guys,

Playing Baal in Europa this evening i have been having massive frame rate issues with Warframe. Previously i have been able to run warframe on max graphics settings on my Radeon 5770. But since the previous update i no longer can run it at a stable frame rate even after dropping down the draphics settings. I spoke to some of my fellow "framers" in Council chat and they have been noticing the same thing on even newer cards. Some even noticing that their graphics cards were running far hotter than normal.

I had been having massive lag/Fps issues before turning off *all* the extra graphics options, but when I got them all turned off things cleared up quite nicely - until this weekend.  Now I am once again having to continually strike still standing (but dead) enemies just to make sure I'm not turning my back to something that's still live.  Thankfully this only happend when online & grouped not when I solo. . . but this is a team game & if I'm not allowed to keep up due to performance issues - what use am I to the other squad memebers?

Yeah the game has become close to unplayable lately... Thats mostly due to the huge spawns which honestly destroy the game. There has to be a spawn limit of 15 guys max on the whole map the make the game playable with the current optimization. Less enemies that are smarted and have more health will be much better than the hordes off stuff that spawns now that destroys the fps of even high end machines, and lets face it there are many ppl that dont have those.

Edited by overdosed

I have a high end rig so I can't say I have noticed these problems but it seems like lots of people had this problem. Does the frame rate drop occur when the enemies spawn or only when you see the enemies? If the latter then it is a gpu issue else I would think it's cpu/ram.

What are your cpu and ram specs?

I'm running

i7-3930k @4.0

2x gtx 680 @ stock

4x4gb ddr3 2133

I also have randomly terrible framerate, was playing valefor in europa the huge open map was having horrible frame rate. Now 4-5 hours later I log on play the same map and it runs smooth as ever probably 60fps+ all the time. Same map same PC same everything, except the players I play with.

How is this possible, one moment it runs like absolute S#&$ the next it runs perfectly. You never know with Warframe if you're gonna get 60fps+ or sub 20.

There are a lot of variables that could cause lag even if your computer is capable of playing the game: another player may be hosting and his hardware may not be up to par,the host's internet connection may be too slow, your internet connection may be too slow, warframe servers may be overloaded or experiencing problems... etc.

If it becomes unplayable simply quit that session and start another round. If it is still unplayable take a break for a couple hours. I have never played an online game that doesn't have lag problems from time to time. This game is in beta so it is not surprising to be seeing them occur more often.

Edited by george_lucas

There are a lot of variables that could cause lag even if your computer is capable of playing the game: another player may be hosting and his hardware may not be up to par,the host's internet connection may be too slow, your internet connection may be too slow, warframe servers may be overloaded or experiencing problems... etc.

If it becomes unplayable simply quit that session and start another round. If it is still unplayable take a break for a couple hours. I have never played an online game that doesn't have lag problems from time to time. This game is in beta so it is not surprising to be seeing them occur more often.

You apparently are not up to date with the problem and im too lazy to explain. But what you wrote has nothing to do with the whole thing :P

You apparently are not up to date with the problem and im too lazy to explain. But what you wrote has nothing to do with the whole thing :P

This context of the thread is playing Europa during the weekend event which would be a high traffic time to play. I think what I said is relevant.

As for the spawns, that's likely a cpu bottleneck on the host since this game only uses one thread. There are many solutions to that and I am sure many will be implemented in due course.