The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

8 Secs On Molt!? And On Lvl 3 Around 15?

Swarovsky

In comparison Loki's decoy lasts 16 seconds at lvl 3 (an extra 1 second off moult)

But I guess while similar in some ways, their mechanics are completely different.

Molt: instant cast at current location

Exploits - Can cast mid-jump near defense points (e.g. ramps, near pod) to completely nullify melee damage yet drawing aggro

Decoy: short cast delay at crosshair location

Exploits - Can cast anywhere in field of view (meaning you don't have to travel there by foot) + drawing aggro. Useful when placed in hard to reach places

Now I'm not sure how well this comment is going to be received but... if Loki players can deal with the timer, couldn't Saryn players deal with it too?

Loki's Decoy cant be destroyed like saryns

Decoy definitely has a health value Cr4p.  If you drop it into a pack of Grineer lancers it will die before it times out.

Yeah it certainly dies. I think I only realized that when it was simply smashed to pieces in one hit from Lech Kril's hammer, made it not too useful there.

These two skills really are fairly confusing, nobody knows which does what and how long do they ACTUALLY last.

Warframe could use some more transperancy I guess...

Hmm, definitely could use some clarification. I don't have a loki myself (yet) but a friend I play with often does and we were under the impression it didn't seem to die except for to certain enemies who seemed to be able to cancel it out (I think disruptors were one). I know we had one that seemed to last for quite a long time even with heaps of infested beating on it in a defense mission.

Need to test it out I guess, or maybe some kind dev could drop by and clarify? =D

uhm

15 seconds is REALLY long

look at a clock and wait for 15 seconds to pass

it's still an amazing skill with tha ttimer

15 seconds is long if you just stare at it.

In game, in action, in a fire fight. 15 seconds pass like a snap.

Comparing Decoy and Molt, it's all about tradeoffs in my opinion.

Yes, Decoy has a cast time, but it can be placed anywhere that's in line of sight and makes the user invulnerable. Meanwhile, Molt is instantly cast at the user's locaiton and can be placed midair - in my opinion, it's not well balanced between the two, especially since the Saryn is still very much vulnerable unlike the Loki, even after casting the molt. If anything, they can go ahead and keep the timer, but turn it up to perhaps somewhere between 20-30 seconds. The molt doesn't provide a more absolute protection like the Decoy does, but in return, it should at least last longer. That, or it should be far cheaper to cast.

By the looks of it, molt was too weak, then too strong, and now too weak again yet not as horribly weak as it was in the beginning if I understand how its development went so far. Just a little bit more tweaking to its duration, and it'll hit that sweet spot I think.

It was incredibly exploitable because a saryn could just jump and use moult and enemies would crown around it only to be taken out all at once. On a defense mission, the enemies would hardly bother with the artifact and be more concerned with the dead skin. Its good it got nerfed.

Great fix to moult. Stop Saryn @(*()$ the AI of all the mobs in defense and ruining my enjoyment. Chaos, decoy and moult needing sorting out. Stop crying about it.

why not fix the freakin stupid ai then? why nerf a skill making it completely useless, while all other skills are pretty ineffective too, when they could have tweaked the ai? that would have benefited ALL OF US.

Great fix to moult. Stop Saryn @(*()$ the AI of all the mobs in defense and ruining my enjoyment. Chaos, decoy and moult needing sorting out. Stop crying about it.

Yea, we should nerf Loki next! Damn that! How dare he meander into our screens as we play! It adversely affects our gaming if we have to see another player!! We should crucify him and make him like a ragdoll! 12.gif

why not fix the freakin stupid ai then? why nerf a skill making it completely useless, while all other skills are pretty ineffective too, when they could have tweaked the ai? that would have benefited ALL OF US.

I agree, I'd prefer the AI was fixed so it doesn't go after it when its someplace they absolutely can't reach or something. Been playing with it since the nerf and between the time limit and the life it almost always dies/expires before I even have a chance to pick up a downed teammate, which was one of the major uses I put it to before the nerf. I think I could live with it if the current times were about twice what they are now (16 seconds at level 1/0 increasing as its levelled up). As it is it doesn't seem worth using the slots or energy on a lot of the time.

The nerf has caused the loss of the (probably not so) innocent lives of many space ninjas. :)