The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

To All Of You Complaining About The Braton Buff...

PhantomRen

The Braton Vandal is still a great weapon. No, it's not worse than the standard Braton. Here's why the Vandal will always be better than the regular Braton:

- 4.7 extra points in accuracy

- V Polarity slot

- Has a cool design and firing sound

- Gives you bragging rights because you have a rare exclusive weapon for playing in the early beta

So in the end, the Vandal will be better than the regular Braton due to the fact that you'll have more mod capacity when using mods that have a V polarity. Now, let me list what mods use the V polarity for rifles:

- Base Damage

- Fire Rate

- Multishot

- Crit Rate

- Crit Damage

These are some of the best mods in the game, if not THE greatest mods you can have on your guns. Because when it comes to weapon mods, power comes before utility. You can't complain about the polarity slot being bad when it's compatible with all of these great mods, now can you? Because honestly, the extra mod capacity counts in the long run. Not only can you make your gun better without a potato, but a potato'd Braton Vandal beats a potato'd Braton. You can get an extra 4-7 mod points for using the slot, which can go a long way towards maxxing every mod you put on it, or just simply adding an extra mod to top it all off.

I'm going to be completely honest with you. The Braton needed that buff. Why? Because some players such as myself were discouraged to buy the Braton because of it's infinitely superior Vandal edition. Because of this, we bought a different weapon. Many players also agree that it's dumb to have a weapon that harms the game's balance stay as it is because of it's rarity. And why does it harm the game's balance? Because it outclasses the standard Braton, and used to outshine other primary weapons before they were tweaked.

However, the point is the Braton got buffed for a reason. Do any of you remember when the MK-1 was THE worst rifle in the game? Let me show you some of it's old stats, dating from a few months back.

Old MK-1 Braton:

- 13 Damage

- 8.3 Fire Rate

- 25 Accuracy

- 48 Magazine Capacity

But hey, look at it now. The MK-1 Braton got buffed, and it finally became a worthy sidegrade to the standard Braton. Even though the regular Braton got buffed, I say it's just as good as our not-so-old Braton. Let me remind you of the MK-1 Braton's new stats.

New MK-1 Braton:

- 16 Damage

- 6.3 Fire Rate

- 40 Accuracy

- 60 Magazine Capacity

Now that you're aware of how terrible the MK-1 Braton used to be, let's take a look at the standard Braton's old stats.

Old Braton:

- 17 Damage

- 11.3 Fire Rate

- 28.6 Accuracy

- 45 Magazine Capacity

Sure, the regular Braton technically has "better DPS" but that doesn't make the MK-1 a terrible weapon. You all need to realize that the entire Braton series is more in line with each other. The MK-1 is an all-around rifle, the Braton is more suited towards DPS, and the Vandal edition is superior for accuracy and modding. Aside from the cosmetics, that is.

You all need to stop being entitled. This is about something you got for FREE. It's wrong to release weapon variants that strongly outclass their original counterparts and justify their existence with rarity. Some of you might bring up the Prime set, however this costs money. Plus, there's nothing wrong with having other weapons that are stronger than the ones you start with. You're supposed to build and try out new weapons. The Lato and AKLato are still two of the best pistols in the game and the Skana Prime is just as good as most of the average longswords in terms of damage, however the other longswords have other perks aside from their base stats and DPS. As for Excalibur Prime, the extra V polarity slot isn't that big of a deal as there are only two mods that it's used for: Ability Duration and Ability Power. Yeah, these mods are amazing and all, but when you potato your warframe, nothing really matters anymore due to the extra mod points you get. You can still be powerful without using a reactor, all the mods you really need are your four abilities and a maxxed out shield mod. Anything other than that is just pure utility and luxury. And please, the faster shield recharge is negligible. It won't really matter when you have strong shield and shield recharge mods.

Please, stop arguing over DPS and be glad with what you have. Be glad that the developers are doing a great job fixing Warframe's balance. Sure, they've made a few mistakes along the way, but nobody's perfect. It takes lots of research and experimenting to perfect things. That's how science works, and balance is nothing more than an equation as far as I'm concerned. Besides, a lot of great things have happened in our history due to little mistakes. Let's put it that way, because what you think is ugly can create something beautiful if you give it a chance.

What about my Burston then? "Uh it's a bad gun anyway who cares lol?"

The Burston is not part of the Braton family, correct me if I'm wrong. Either way the focus of this thread is meant to be directed towards the Braton and it's Vandal edition, and why the Vandal is still a great weapon regardless of the recent Braton buff. Yes, I know I mentioned other weapons but it was only to counter a possible argument that would branch off of what I was trying to explain.

The Burston is not part of the Braton family, correct me if I'm wrong. Either way the focus of this thread is meant to be directed towards the Braton and it's Vandal edition, and why the Vandal is still a great weapon regardless of the recent Braton buff.

The Burston is also a rifle.

It's in human nature to find something to pick on. I find nothing wrong with the Braton buffs and I've been using my Vandal finely.

Side note: although the skana prime has 2 polarities, I find it hard to use due to its unique, vertical slash animations.

Also OP: While I realize that you have good intentions, but please address such edgy topics with care, people will easily misinterpret the whole post as nothing but "Shut up we're entitled to good stuff too."

I've said it quite a few times, but players from March or earlier has experienced some drastic changes, particularly the U6 mass loss of mods issue, everyone was slapped to almost ground 0. A lot of my friends quit as a result. So please do understand that the Vandal is a proof that the players have endured through it and stuck with DE despite the drastic changes.

Also; this.

The Burston is also a rifle.

Yes, but that's not the main focus of the thread. I can understand that there are some weapons in need of tweaking, and that the Braton has been outclassed by other weapons before, but this isn't what we're focusing on here. I assumed the Burston was implied as a member of the Braton series because it has the "ton" suffix.

It's in human nature to find something to pick on. I find nothing wrong with the Braton buffs and I've been using my Vandal finely.

Side note: although the skana prime has 2 polarities, I find it hard to use due to its unique, vertical slash animations.

Also OP: While I realize that you have good intentions, but please address such edgy topics with care, people will easily misinterpret the whole post as nothing but "Shut up we're entitled to good stuff too."

I've said it quite a few times, but players from March or earlier has experienced some drastic changes, particularly the U6 mass loss of mods issue, everyone was slapped to almost ground 0. A lot of my friends quit as a result. So please do understand that the Vandal is a proof that the players have endured through it and stuck with DE despite the drastic changes.

Also; this.

Yes, I'm fully aware that some people complain simply to complain, and that there will be misconceptions in this thread. We can still work around them so long as we keep it civil.

I need all of you to realize that I didn't make this thread because I'm defending the Braton buff. Yes, it's a nice event for some, but I could care less whether it got buffed or not. I made this thread so I can help people realize the truth of the matter, so we can all understand why the Braton got buffed and why it's not as bad as others make it out to be. Do as you like to the Braton, many of us will still use it no matter what happens. I've said everything there is to say, it's up to the company to decide what's best for Warframe.

Yes, but that's not the main focus of the thread. I can understand that there are some weapons in need of tweaking, and that the Braton has been outclassed by other weapons before, but this isn't what we're focusing on here. I assumed the Burston was implied as a member of the Braton series because it has the "ton" suffix.

I'm sorry if I sounded like I was jacking your thread by bringing up the Burston. I'm just a little sad that it now seems weaker than it already was. It was a tricky gun to use and already suffered from a lower dps. The Braton got a nice damage boost but all the Burston got was an accuracy increase when firing from the hip(I think).

Since the Vandal is an exclusive weapon I don't think there is a problem with it outclassing the regular Braton, as long as the discrepancy isn't huge enough to reach pay to win territory. Also, don't use the 'this weapon needs help more' argument; if a weapon needs help it should get it regardless of other weapons that need help.

Since the Vandal is an exclusive weapon I don't think there is a problem with it outclassing the regular Braton, as long as the discrepancy isn't huge enough to reach pay to win territory. Also, don't use the 'this weapon needs help more' argument; if a weapon needs help it should get it regardless of other weapons that need help.

Brandal [yes I'm calling it that] could never be Pay To Win as you never had to pay to get it lol

Sure, the regular Braton technically has "better DPS" but that doesn't make the MK-1 a terrible weapon. You all need to realize that the entire Braton series is more in line with each other. The MK-1 is an all-around rifle, the Braton is more suited towards DPS, and the Vandal edition is superior for accuracy and modding.

I'm confused as to how the MK-1 is all around when it loses in everything except ammo capacity and whatever this accuracy stat means. In the end, I don't think any of the bratons needed changes. There's countless other weapons that needed tweaks. The burston for example, which you disregarded due to it not being in the braton family, but in your OP you used prime equipment for comparison.

The Vandal was never "infinitely superior", the stats of the braton before buffs actually out DPSed the Vandal. The only advantage was the ammo efficiency, polarity, crit, and higher base damage. Even with these advantages, it's still out DPSed. In the end this buff to the regular braton just further increases the gap of how crappy the burston has become. It's advantage is non-existant.

Also, the Excalibur Prime isn't an upgrade at all. That extra "v" polarity was actually detrimental due to Excalibur not needing any of the v mods except maybe power damage increase. This resulted in an increased point cost, and this is something you paid for.

If you or anyone you knew decided not to buy the Braton, it was because they were uninformed and/or envious, not because the Vandal was superior. You buy these weapons for their playstyle with any of the Bratons representing classic assault rifle play.

There's so many other weapons (melee included) that need buffs or tweaks over any of the bratons and after this buff even more so. The burston, latron(maybe), ankyros, crap tons of the longswords, single daggers(maybe), and the Grakata(maybe).

(so, none of the Bratons needed help*)

Edited by Aciszen

I can snipe with my burston now (Talking about the HUGE corpus defense map) and can easy aim the burst for headshots, i love the acc buff :D

Edited by Dasmir

I can snipe with my burston now (Talking about the HUGE corpus defense map) and can easy aim the burst for headshots, i love the acc buff :D

Snipe and aim for headshots with hip fire? Its aimed down accuracy wasn't changed afaik.

Edited by FateZero

somebody locked braton vandal thread "Buff Braton Vandal By The Same Amount U Buffed The Normal Braton"

so I'll reply here:

Im really starting to get annoyed of these requests

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/38144-may-1st-hot-feedback-topics/

DERebecca:

"5) Vandal Series Weapons!?

They are exclusive. Lobbying is not encouraged."

Exclusive stuff in f2p games should always be cosmetics/visual stuff only = vanity, like weapon skin or Easter color pallete.

Making weapons, which have specific, unique stats, exclusive will only make confusion between old and new players.

DE is lucky this game has no PVP mode.

DERebecca is, probably, still new to f2p games so I don't hold too much against her regarding her statements (or whatever, I'm not natively english speaking)

I have B.Vandal (1 credit) and I would have nothing DE if player they could buy weapon of same stats.

Skin can be "exclusive stuff" although I don't mind about that too.

Edited by Strac_CRO

Strac, the second you give some reasons as to why having exclusive items in a F2P game which serve more purpose than simple vanity, I will start taking your posts seriously. At the moment, all you seem able to say is "it's confusing" then you go on to bash the dev team for not sharing your opinions on how F2P games should handle exclusive items...

Strac, the second you give some reasons as to why having exclusive items in a F2P game which serve more purpose than simple vanity, I will start taking your posts seriously. At the moment, all you seem able to say is "it's confusing" then you go on to bash the dev team for not sharing your opinions on how F2P games should handle exclusive items...

"confusion" and "confusing" are not the same, you stupid idiot.

register on BF play4free and check "+3 weapon" dispute/quarrel

http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/forum/showthread.php?tid=113710

BFp4f also has special uniforms/clothes (CB beret/outfit, 1year T-shirt, 2year T-shirt, veteran and elite weapon skins etc.), uniforms in BFp4f offer no advantage in combat, pure cosmetic stuff

LOLOLOLOL

Inb4 you actually realize that Multishot which is a V polarity and the most expensive mod (mod slot point wise) to put on your weapons actually costs half with a Vandal.

No I don't have a Vandal nor do I care about getting one, but please don't make fun of something that was just stated as a fact, cause it is, both Crit Rate and Damage are V polarities and are very good on the sniper rifles like the Paris and Snipetron despite these weapons lacking a V polarity. V is probably the most important polarity slot on weapons due to Multishot being as expensive as it is and how it fits in all weapons.