Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Items Which Rarely Appear Despite Being Around For So Long

Grizzly_Might

Hey there! I'm an Artifact Hunter and also a Major Credits Hunter. However, I've been wanting to collect the correct helmet for my class as well as some potatoes (My timezone is UTC+ 10:00) and I've only seen the potatoes drop while I have been asleep. This however, does not concern me.

The helmet I have been hunting for, for almost a month now (22 days of watching the Timeline every half hour for 12 hours a day) has NEVER appeared in the facebook "Warframe Alerts" page, and I am certain of that the helmet has dropped once, 5 days before I joined the page. By now, helmets for all classes must've appeared twice, if each day was for a unique helmet and I am actually getting extremely impatient (I wouldn't say I'm angry).

The Alert Mission system seems a bit fair and unadvantageous for players who do not live in the correct timezone, where weapons (Like the Glaive, that appeared only once, and at 4am in my timezone and unlike heat daggers, which you can buy in the market and build), Artifacts (Not so bad, because there's a big variety) and finally the helmets (Where it was only possible for me to obtain 25% of all helmets dropped during these 22 days, due to school/sleep).

It's been on my mind for a while now, but what if you assign special items to specific times that appear at that time every week so that people don't miss out as much? I'm not saying to make one item appear only once a week, but give it like, a special hour where you're sure you can get a hold of it, and maybe make it vary per month...

i don't quite get it, that, maybe, you don't really get it, but, alerts, are random.

RANDOM, like, really random.

i'm a bit shocked that, by how many times this has been brought up, how many people were complaining and how many times this has been explained, and yet here's another one.

no offense, but, seriously.

-edit: and this is the wrong section for this. man.

The Alert Mission system seems a bit fair and unadvantageous for players who do not live in the correct timezone

this, one gets me, problem is, there's nobody got the advantages from the time zone, because the alerts are, random.

about assigning a reward at a certain time duration of time, even if you suggest it to be varying, it's still the same as giving out free items.

Edited by Adagio

this, one gets me, problem is, there's nobody got the advantages from the time zone, because the alerts are, random.

about assigning a reward at a certain time duration of time, even if you suggest it to be varying, it's still the same as giving out free items.

You don't get it.

The players know that the Alert server uses hamsters which go to sleep during the times they are awake.

Edited by VER1

I think the actual problem is not anything to do with time zones, it's that it hurts people who are not obsessive about the game or who have limited play time windows in their daily life.

Since it is random you have just as much chance of getting what you really want at 4am as you do at prime time. So if you can afford to be awake at all times of the day while refreshing their twitter and these forums constantly..you're going to be much more likely to take advantage of those sweet drops that will inevitably happen at 4 am.

The people with limited time to play games because of busy jobs and lives are the people you are aiming your free to play model at. They are the people who are most likely to pay to skip time because they have the money and not the time. You should not be alienating those people.

The problem with the solution is that it doesn't generate artificial forum/twitter traffic for the devs.

Edited by Cavan