Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trolls

Ragnarok00

Slightly inconceivable sentence is bad grammatical considerably.

There are a lot of Trolls in this game and a report function will definitely be abused.

The devs just need to make updates to avoid situations where a player may say hold on to a data mass and afk for some reason.

Not a problem if it needs a majority vote. Then they need enough people to actually kick you.

Well then the trolls are team up. They play with you till the end of the mission and before the extraction point you will be kicked and the trolls --> lmao

Well then the trolls are team up. They play with you till the end of the mission and before the extraction point you will be kicked and the trolls --> lmao

If trolls could hold off on trolling till the end, you could always keep the mods/blueprints/experience you collected. Credits are easy enough to get from other missions. If they troll during the mission, you could always quit. If the majority are trolls, do you really want to play with them?

If it's just one troll, your team could vote-kick him/her and continue on. Then you can proceed to enjoy the rest of the mission.

Edited by UltimaHiryuu

If trolls could hold off on trolling till the end, you could always keep the mods/blueprints/experience you collected. Credits are easy enough to get from other missions. If they troll during the mission, you could always quit. If the majority are trolls, do you really want to play with them?

If it's just one troll, your team could vote-kick him/her and continue on. Then you can proceed to enjoy the rest of the mission.

Very tunnel vision'd way to look at this. Seriously, think about it. What about alerts where your sole objectives are too get credits? This really just replaces one problem with another that gives trolls possible control in ALL missions let alone certain mission types.

UltimaHiryuu, on 04 May 2013 - 11:27 AM, said:

Trouble is you find out...JUST before the end of the mission.....bit late then. Vote Kick is an awful idea.

It's better than having no way to deal with it. Reporting them would only be helpful if you needed concrete proof or it required a lot of different people reporting them. Otherwise DE would have to investigate every single report, to see if it's legit or just someone trolling the system.

The optimal solution is to change abilities and gameplay mechanics so they can't be used to troll. DE might eventually do that, but it would require a lot of programming alterations. So it's not something that might be in the near future.

Farcry 2 MP use the vote kick system and i was a victim of sore losers/trolls. I never want to have a game with vote kick system again,

I guess if they do add PvP, in to Warframe, vote-kick will be more of a problem. Competition will attract sore losers.

I do admit that a report system could be useful, but they'd have to make it require a lot of different people reporting. If it's too small of a number Freakygoll's problem will surface. You'll have a large, or medium, group of trolls causing people to be banned. Assuming a temporary or permanent ban would be the punishment.

It would be difficult for DE to investigate reports. They'd have to get in to groups with those people, to see if they do anything. If the offenders are taking a break, DE wouldn't be able to find anything. Investigations would also be very time-consuming. Only a recorded video would give them easy proof.

The best solution really is to fix everything that can be used for trolling. That's not an easy task however.

This problem is only with capture and suitcases. If you want to stop trolling you simply make it so everyone can become a carrier.

On capture missions you make the absorb flow to the whole group no matter where they are, and for suitcases you allow anyone and everyone to carry a suitcase if they want.

No need for votekicking.

Vote-kick will never work in a 4-player co-op game - it's too easy to abuse the voting system, even if you need three people to vote for a kick. In games like BF3 where there are 24-64 players voting, it's much harder to abuse it.

Greetings,

If you need to report someone in game please do the following:

Click on your contacts button:

Report1.jpg

Then click on recent players:

Report2.jpg

Then right click on the player you wish to report:

Report3.jpg

Then click on the reason why you are reporting this player:

Report4.jpg

Have a great day!

Greetings,

If you need to report someone in game please do the following:

Have a great day!

Thank you so much for showing me this. More people need to know this exist. Going to repost this on Reddit,

Thanks for the info on reporting someone! I ended up sending a huge message to support about a troll in one of my games detailing whta he did with pictures and I don't think anything actually happened as the response I got just made me feel like  I wasted rebecca's time. I'll remember to use this next time. :x

Except none of those behaviours really cover trolling as it typically happens in games. Ignoring cameras and leaving people trapped behind lasers, not marking mods, not reviving teammates etc etc.

It's better than having no way to deal with it. Reporting them would only be helpful if you needed concrete proof or it required a lot of different people reporting them. Otherwise DE would have to investigate every single report, to see if it's legit or just someone trolling the system.

The optimal solution is to change abilities and gameplay mechanics so they can't be used to troll. DE might eventually do that, but it would require a lot of programming alterations. So it's not something that might be in the near future.

No way to deal with it?  You did read the post right.  The person grabbed the objective and hid it.  Of course it should have been visible on the mini-map so they probably glitched it.  Still, the problem was already done.  There was no way to recover, and a vote kick wouldn't have done anything.  Meanwhile a report would have added to his "grief list" and would eventually get him banned.  Sounds like getting him banned would work.  Certainly wouldn't help for the moment, but the vote kick would only get him out of the game.  It wouldn't do anything else to him.

It certainly sounds like vote kick does less then a grief report does.  Of course like a couple posts state, griefers would be filing reports too which would lead to a lot of extra effort from DE to go through the reports and throw away useless reports and find the real reports.

For the overall quality of the game and of the system, reports are better then vote kicks.  Vote kicks can be immediately abused and are often useless in small group games.  Four people can't be bothered or can't agree, and often it just takes 2 griefers working together to use a kick system to grief.

This problem is only with capture and suitcases. If you want to stop trolling you simply make it so everyone can become a carrier.

On capture missions you make the absorb flow to the whole group no matter where they are, and for suitcases you allow anyone and everyone to carry a suitcase if they want.

No need for votekicking.

Pretty sure that even on capture and raid, the objective carrier doesn't need to get into the end point.  Currently the only objective that must get to the extaction is the datamass from a spy mission.  It won't ask you to go back for rescues or captures.

Not a problem if it needs a majority vote. Then they need enough people to actually kick you.

When they team up this happens so much in many games you get kicked regardless. Even then most do not need to team up they can just shout Griefer and everyone will jump on you