The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Random "crash" Type Issue During Missions.

AdamantSpartan

On multiple occasions now, during a mission of any type (although it mostly happens to me during longer missions) the game will freeze for a second, then appear to crash and go to the desktop, but this isn't a normal crash where the pop-up box that says "Warframe has crashed" shows up. Instead the game reloads and I am unable to see anything that is actually happening in game while also being able to hear the sound effects.

Basically, at first glance the Warframe window appears to have minimized, but while looking at the desktop I appear to still have full control in the game, noted by sound effects (for example hitting escape brings up the menu sound).

Basically, because I can't see what is happening in the game, I need to alt-tab and close Warframe via the Task Manager. This means that no "issue" is able to be reported, so I can't provide a number about the problem.

I figure I might as well put my specs down as well so here they are:

RAM: 16GB

CPU: Intel i7-4770k 3.5GHz

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 4GB

Its your display driver. It crashed and restarted without hooking back into warframe. Its an issue that I have as well on my amd card.

Really nothing can be done about this till DE fixes their damn game. Of course you could do a clean install of your drivers by deleting your last driver and installing the newest driver for your card and operating system. Most likely won't fix your issue, it didn't for me.

Again, DE just needs to fix their S#&$. It's been an issue for a long time.