Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Notice To De!

geninrising

first off i would like to say that the OP was very well written. Applaud to you sir!

now onto some points here.

I am someone who is interested in game development and i have done some minor stuff so I'm gonna come in from both sides of the spectrum here.

Player Side:

DE does seem to consistently ignore some of the issues we have and that are pointed out and popularity is a huge issue in that DE doesnt even look at unpopular topics so people feel almost forced to make the post popular which i dont feel should be the case. But we are really no better, I have noticed that the warframe player base tends to band wagon a lot of things. But i do believe there are a lot of things that should be considered but they seem to be ignored. Most of this stuff has already been said.

DE side:

Whether DE actually sees the posts or not is unkown. and i would not be surprised if they barely visit the forums and look at stuff like this too extensively or too frequently and that has a reason. the larger a game grows the harder it is to keep up with a community, for when you have a community as large as this there is A LOT going on and A LOT to do. so they have to look at and consider many many things all in relatively short time spans (game development is not a fast process). I have seen this kind of thing happen already with another game, League of legends.

right now LoL is one of the biggest games in the world (if not the biggest) but they were not always and i was there when the game wasnt too popular, back then they really watched the community and were quite in touch but since they grew they've somewhat forgotten them. and only recently have they started getting back into the community and i think that's because they have the funds to hire people who's sole jobs might be to gather intel from the community.

Also I have to say even now DE is still quite involved in the community and i cant be too angry at them for their antics. while we may be able to theorize things and come up with countless "amazing" ideas, not all of them will be good in application. you have to remember DE's job is to build and test this game, if you think that they havent tried any of these idea's you'd be dead wrong. It's just that sometimes it sounds good in writing but when you apply it, it doesnt do anything or completely breaks it. Just like the WoF toggle, people wanted it and claimed it would make ember better, but what did it really do? what's the difference between recasting it when needed and just leaving it there on to eat your energy? either way its the same effect and same damage.

The Problem with DE taking in ALL unique or whatever ideas they see is because they actually care about the game's well being and if something isnt good for the game they wont do it. I can honestly say they do a good job at that, nothing they have added has made the game worse EVER. it may have been slightly disrupting to some people but it was never anything more than an inconvenience. there's just no way for them to effectively test every idea.

DE is doing their best and im sure they've even viewed this post a few times, it's just even if one DE member finds a cool thing they basically have to run it through another community. There's. 

side note: I think nekros is fine as is. he CAN be used in other mission types it's just that he is preferred in survival.

side note: I think nekros is fine as is. he CAN be used in other mission types it's just that he is preferred in survival.

The point being is that he is not GOOD for anything other than Life Support hence the reasonable request that they get him to a state where he is good at something other than farming.

The point being is that he is not GOOD for anything other than Life Support hence the reasonable request that they get him to a state where he is good at something other than farming.

well id have to disagree here, ive found he does VERY well on interception. he can basically hold 2 points himself, not to mention if you take a weapon that shreds bodies desecrate gives you near unlimited energy. soul punch being able to be casted whilst moving is also a huge plus, you can keep the heavy units suppressed. but in the case of being out performed by various frames, oberon is in the same boat.

well id have to disagree here, ive found he does VERY well on interception. he can basically hold 2 points himself, not to mention if you take a weapon that shreds bodies desecrate gives you near unlimited energy. soul punch being able to be casted whilst moving is also a huge plus, you can keep the heavy units suppressed. but in the case of being out performed by various frames, oberon is in the same boat.

I am glad you feel that way but let me also ensure you are aware of the continuous feedback on the matter of the Nekros changes confirming that nearly all participants in said feedback state the same things I do. Still just a Farmer That clearly and concisely provides the basis for all of the feedback in a nutshell and therefore the frame still requires work. No frame should be called on only for his ability to generate LS.

Edited by geninrising