Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What About The Lato Vandal?

FateZero

The Burston was recently buffed, was it not..?

All the buffs it gets are a bit of recoil and accuracy tweaking, but the problem is that as long as the Burston deals about as much damage per shot as the Braton it will be underpowered.

I think we may be getting too far off-topic with this, though.

All the buffs it gets are a bit of recoil and accuracy tweaking, but the problem is that as long as the Burston deals about as much damage per shot as the Braton it will be underpowered.

I think we may be getting too far off-topic with this, though.

No no, continue on, this is just providing me with more data to work with. I'll make note of that when I post my balancing topic, Burston vs Braton vs the rest of the guns.

The Burston was recently buffed, was it not..?

It was buffed, but the buff was very small compared to the Braton. Since the Braton got such a huge buff, it only made the Burston weaker in comparison sadly :/.

No no, continue on, this is just providing me with more data to work with. I'll make note of that when I post my balancing topic, Burston vs Braton vs the rest of the guns.

I already made a topic on the balancing of Burston and Grakata. You may want to check it out.

I already made a topic on the balancing of Burston and Grakata. You may want to check it out.

I have been checking out all the topics that concern the weapons, don't worry about that. I just don't want to take stuff from those topics and put them in this one, but I have been taking mental notes of people responses.

Lato Vandal: 30*5=150

Lato: 24*6.7=160.8

Comparison to other weapons:

Akbolto: 25*10=250

Braton: 20*11.3=226

Can't see how the Lato Vandal is a high DPS weapon...

the lato vandal is a lot more accurate. Which means you actually hit with your one-shot-kill-shots. And you did not account for mods. Mods scale a LOT better with pistols so you do come close to a braton.

The lex is outperformed because with high level mods the lex overkills EVERYTHING. With the lato vandal you deal around the same dps but you can spread it better and kill more targets in the same time. Only with around lvl50 enemies the mobs have enough health for the high damage per shot of the lex to matter.

As for the akbolto: it's weak against small infested and it's close-mid range only.

I have to point out again: my arguments apply to highly modded weapons only (maxxed eletrical, fire, freeze and ap damage, maxxed multishot, hornet strike 160% for me as of now). At this level, the lato vandal outclasses almost any other gun due to my arguments above. With lower mods, other things factor in, rendering my argumentation invalid.

Edited by Buddlschlumpf

the lato vandal is a lot more accurate. Which means you actually hit with your one-shot-kill-shots. And you did not account for mods. Mods scale a LOT better with pistols so you do come close to a braton.

The lex is outperformed because with high level mods the lex overkills EVERYTHING. With the lato vandal you deal around the same dps but you can spread it better and kill more targets in the same time. Only with around lvl50 enemies the mobs have enough health for the high damage per shot of the lex to matter.

As for the akbolto: it's weak against small infested and it's close-mid range only.

I have to point out again: my arguments apply to highly modded weapons only (maxxed eletrical, fire, freeze and ap damage, maxxed multishot, hornet strike 160% for me as of now). At this level, the lato vandal outclasses almost any other gun due to my arguments above. With lower mods, other things factor in, rendering my argumentation invalid.

Pistols have better mods, but rifles have rifle amp, so that argument is invalid.

As for accuracy: That was never the point of the post to begin with.

The accuracy of the Braton is good enough for aimed headshots in almost all of the situations you run into anyways, so thet's not much of an advantage at all.

The Lex is outperformed in many occasions, but that seems to be the general illness of high powered sniper weapons.

That comment about the Akbolto is kind of ridiculous, as bolt weapons aren't weak against anything at all. Their only weakness is their accuracy.

You should try doing the math with the mods the lex ~1.7k dps with full mods its extra polairity points went into reload speed. While a standard lato has about 2.5k dps even though it cant max out all the damage mods. The slow reload speed and clip size cripples the lex for any dps calculations. The lato vandal has about 3k dps and i only used 55 points.

Now you kill enemies and have down time to reload. There is almost never an occasion where you can stand and unload multiple clips into one target continualy without having to miss a shot. In pratice the lex is effective in actual dps calcuation the lex is horrible to burston levels. Base lex dps around 69 while other guns have up to 190 dps all the mods are a % increase so the lex will forever stay behind.

Also polarity may soon be irrelvent as they are adding a prestige system for guns. If the weapons can cap off with all the slots with a polarity then the starting polaritys have no purpouse in the end game dps calculations. This is really bad for the braton vandal as now it has an inferior fire rate for the extra polarity slot. The extra accuracy isnt worth much as you can head shot targets from mid range easily. Im counting ~60 meters range now for a mid range it is kinda mind boggling that shotgun damage fall off starts at 15 meters and maxes at 28 meters which happens to be the range of excaliburs slash dash aka a melee/close range attack but these are complaints for other posts.

The day before the braton buff I got my braton and vandal to 30 and sold the braton and planned on using the vandal. Figures they make the braton the better choice right after I sold it.

Edit: added stuff about the prestige that was announced.

Edited by Meltina

Interesting, seems like more discussion was made by the 3 above post than half the topic. I thought people had nothing left to say on the matter, so I saved the notes, I thought wrong. So I'll note down the new stuff.

A few things that I will put into consideration after the new posts are accuracy (also calculating it into DPS), how weapons are used in game vs on paper stats, and modded vs unmodded performance of guns.Thank you.