Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe: Glaive Gameplay

stacey69

Those were very elegant kills...bravo my fellow Tenno...

One thing to add...try to do shots where you bounce it off of the ground to hit targets elevated above you.

I believe that would be both challenging and rewarding if down correctly.

Those were very elegant kills...bravo my fellow Tenno...

One thing to add...try to do shots where you bounce it off of the ground to hit targets elevated above you.

I believe that would be both challenging and rewarding if down correctly.

Whilst playing I did think of this, so thank you for reminding me. My next video may be based around this now. Thanks for your input:)

Whilst playing I did think of this, so thank you for reminding me. My next video may be based around this now. Thanks for your input:)

Not a problem...your Glaive videos are most impressive and always worth watching.

Heya there Tenno!

So here is some feedback on your video, like you requested. :D

I love some of the clips you got there, your creative use of glaives ricochet is awesome along with some dodges that were great + quick thinking. 
It truly shows what to expect in a video about gameplay with the glaive, although, some of it doesn't go well with.

Starting with what is most significative (and perhaps annoying) : the background music.

It is quite debating for what reason you chosen that music, my guess would be : because you like it / kind of music you normally listen to. My suggestion is to use an music more appealing to the theme and simultaneously something that the audience likes (which can be known by watching what they are watching in other popular videos).

The music you used for the video, suggested rather an ambient of passion and elegance, which does not really fit with the mindless murdering rampage you were doing there, unless that is some kind of dramatic romance between you and the infected. Hell, i heard love hurts, but that is over doing it. xD  

Secondly, the effects used.

Not particularly bad, the timing of slow motion ones were great ! But some of the transitions were questionable, such as that star one. 

Just an fade out one would do the job, as it also feels more natural and fitting. 

An last suggestion would be improving the intro of the movie, it would be an nice enchant to it and could potentially give an better impression.

Good luck tenno! 

Heya there Tenno!

So here is some feedback on your video, like you requested. :D

I love some of the clips you got there, your creative use of glaives ricochet is awesome along with some dodges that were great + quick thinking. 

It truly shows what to expect in a video about gameplay with the glaive, although, some of it doesn't go well with.

Starting with what is most significative (and perhaps annoying) : the background music.

It is quite debating for what reason you chosen that music, my guess would be : because you like it / kind of music you normally listen to. My suggestion is to use an music more appealing to the theme and simultaneously something that the audience likes (which can be known by watching what they are watching in other popular videos).

The music you used for the video, suggested rather an ambient of passion and elegance, which does not really fit with the mindless murdering rampage you were doing there, unless that is some kind of dramatic romance between you and the infected. Hell, i heard love hurts, but that is over doing it. xD  

Secondly, the effects used.

Not particularly bad, the timing of slow motion ones were great ! But some of the transitions were questionable, such as that star one. 

Just an fade out one would do the job, as it also feels more natural and fitting. 

An last suggestion would be improving the intro of the movie, it would be an nice enchant to it and could potentially give an better impression.

Good luck tenno! 

I had to make a hard decision. Music or not. I may upload the in game sound version later today (if people request). Some people complained about the noise the Glaive makes so I chose music for this video. I chose this song because I like it and if you watch the video you'll see that I edited the video to the music.

I added slow motion so people didn't have to rewind all the time and of course it can look cool:). The star effect is added because scenes didn't match. I used stars because most of the people who leave feedback are American:) Its something I'm very aware of but I have to keep the movie length down. Editing away long corridor runs, kiting the mobs to where I wanted them etc. My next video will hopefully fix this as I'm getting better at using the Glaive and can show more killing sprees instead of picking out decent kills to show. Any effects used are to cover in game bugs or glitches see 2:01 - added colouring to detract from jump animation bugging with me in stuck position. I am also new to this.

I have started working with Photoshop as well, so my video beginnings will change soon - but I am not focusing on this right now.

Thanks for your very informative feedback.

While I'm not a techno fan, I think some techno music would be more appropriate.

You don't know how close I came to putting Faithless Insomnia or... I had a load in mind but chose Debussy instead.

Your video kind of fustrates me because even though I line up most of those same type of shots, my Glaive never seems to bounce correctly and/or ends up returning though the MoBs without damaging them.  Heck I have even seem my Glaive curve around rather than come straight back to be.

Obviuously it is me doing something wrong but I can't for the life of me figure it out.  Still I love the Glaive.

Also great watch.  I never thought to use the ceiling like that and might be just the trick I need to master when my team rushes forward making it damn near impossible for me to launch at MoBs past them without bouncing off my teammates.

Edit: Oh and as far as the video...the music didn't fit.  Your in a high energy, technological environment in combat.  Techno or Industrial or some such would be much more fitting.

Edited by Belpharon

Your video kind of fustrates me because even though I line up most of those same type of shots, my Glaive never seems to bounce correctly and/or ends up returning though the MoBs without damaging them.  Heck I have even seem my Glaive curve around rather than come straight back to be.

Obviuously it is me doing something wrong but I can't for the life of me figure it out.  Still I love the Glaive.

Also great watch.  I never thought to use the ceiling like that and might be just the trick I need to master when my team rushes forward making it damn near impossible for me to launch at MoBs past them without bouncing off my teammates.

Edit: Oh and as far as the video...the music didn't fit.  Your in a high energy, technological environment in combat.  Techno or Industrial or some such would be much more fitting.

Hi thanks for replying. I have a new video ready for upload for tomorrow and its more free play than scripted kills so it might help with some of the angles and stuff. As for the music:) I came very very close to using some nice trance music but I decided to edit the video to some classical music instead. The music is also in time with each movement the char makes. Look 1:40 and listen to the music as I somersault from a wall run to avoid the ancient disrupter. It would have been near impossible to do this with trance etc as it is repetitive music, not flowing like classical. I hope this makes sense, its not easy for me to explain in text:)

Ill message you the link before I post on the forum so you get a first look at my new video tomorrow.