Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sony Online Entertainment Sold To Investment Firm

Gr33hn

So Sony Online Entertainment made a loss of 60m $ last year and Sony sold it off to a investment firm and renamed "Daybreak".

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2015/02/02/sony-online-entertainment-sold-to-investment-firm-now-daybreak-game-company/

Despite the poor servers of EU region , the wonky optimization and the difficulty for new players to get into the game I am a Planetside 2 fan, I cant help but to feel uncertainty for what is currently my favourite game.

Sure there have been things SOE handled poorly or didnt handle at all so the shift in ownership might be a good thing but no one knows what the new investment firm has planned. 

I am not a fan of Zombie survival games so I never bothered with the early access of it, my clan mates though say that its very buggy but they are having fun with it.

It's not the game that is the problem (well it is, but just wait) it's the way they handled it. Case in point: The airdrops. I expected a lot from H1Z1, I wanted it to be the game that blows DayZ out of the water. But it hasn't done that at all.

It's not the game that is the problem (well it is, but just wait) it's the way they handled it. Case in point: The airdrops. I expected a lot from H1Z1, I wanted it to be the game that blows DayZ out of the water. But it hasn't done that at all.

Yeah the Airdrops went from OP to garbage.

At this rate I doubt we get a good zombie survival game as they all become a deathmatch anyway.

However I am worried about Planetside 2 as I do indeed love that game, one of the first First Person Shooters that isn't PvE I actually enjoyed.

Edited by Utarious

Well I think it would be safe to assume that the monitization is one of the things that will be up for change with its new owners.

However I am worried about Planetside 2 as I do indeed love that game, one of the first First Person Shooters that isn't PvE I actually enjoyed.

Same here it was the first shooter I have gotten addicted to since the classic Unreal Tournament. So much money wasted on various CoD or BF titles that I never played more then 5-10 hours looking for a massive combined arms game.

Same here it was the first shooter I have gotten addicted to since the classic Unreal Tournament. So much money wasted on various CoD or BF titles that I never played more then 5-10 hours looking for a massive combined arms game.

Nothing is changing on their games besides the name of Station Cash, they still own all the rights of the IP's. https://twitter.com/j_smedley

Nothing is changing on their games besides the name of Station Cash, they still own all the rights of the IP's. https://twitter.com/j_smedley

Not gonna lie, I was kind of hoping they would change it up. Maybe get some new blood in the Dev teams, or something. I love Planetside 2 to death, but the development of the game frustrates the living crap out of me. And when I heard about the airdrops being introduced in H1Z1, I lost all hope for SOE.

Maybe they'll see this as a warning and change the way they do things at SOE. Or not. I guess we have to wait and see.