Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer Rollers And Clingers

IHWIP

I am not sure what to do about the rollers other than to make them stop stunning you so much. Perhaps since they are essentially a charging unit they only stun you if they collide with you at a high enough speed. That way they would need to circle around to come back at you to knock you over. As they are now they are way too stun happy and agile.

The clingers...I was wondering if we could remove them...as in...they attach, why not be able to remove them? Make it take some time, makes have to shoot them off. Whatever. It just makes no sense that once they are on us they just cling and explode when they time out.

The corpus energy leeches could be removed too. To balance them you could make them suck energy faster. I dunno.

Anyway...I really think we need to expand the ideas of drones in the game. We could even have a drone using warframe. Or one that could try to seize control of corpus drones. Some ideas:

-makes you "terrified" and you lose control of your Tenno for a length of time as he runs in the opposite direction or to the nearest corner and cowers in fear, bonus points if they are screaming like a little girl. That would be funny.

-makes you immobile a la infested creepers. It could either weigh you down or just plain mag-lock you.

-electrocutes you in a few pulses at random

-drains your energy, not just your shields

-disables your drone

-eats your ammo or makes your guns inoperable

-screws up your HUD a la getting hit by a disrupting infested

When I first started playing I hated the balls and screamed on Skype they should be removed. I swore more in 24 hours playing mobile defense than I had in a year.

But...After a little game time I learn how to kill them and that you have to cull them as a group.

Sometimes your kill order is healer first, high dps second etc. In Warframe its - Kill anything that stumbles or stuns you, then whatever mob you want next. If the rollers are removed or nerfed it will just add to the game becoming even more easy.

Ill get down voted for this but this is how you kill them. Avoid them when you see them coming at you or hear them from behind. Wait until they are in a straight line and coming towards you, then aim just below them. You can take 5 down in around 15 seconds if needed. You can also make use of buggy areas like stair cases where they get stuck and become sitting ducks or even the most obvious... What do women do when they see a mouse?:) They jump on a box. Do the same and they cant touch you.

Anyway I hope your thread doesn't get something nerfed that I enjoy playing against. Rollers have me in fits of giggles on Skype:)

I did not know about rolling to remove the clingers. Thanks for the tip. What I was mostly posting about is expanding the clingers and rollers though. Rolling actually seems too easy to get rid of them. ;)