Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer Alphabet Deciphered(Mostly)!

Kiafis

The Heartless clan of StrangeCraftGaming brings you the Grineer alphabet deciphered. We took some time out of our busy schedule slaughtering the new fusion moas to answer the age old question. "What does it mean?" in this case the Grineer language.

We think the two symbols we translated to @ and # are what they are as they look quite similar and the formatting used in the sentences they are found in resembles twitter.

Edit: Credit for the discovery of Letter F goes to wkfire

Edit#2: Discovered V and confirmed F

itsthegrineerlarge_zps6523c579.png

WarframePublic0014_zps734f9a20.png

Be good or be gone.

WarframePublic0004_zps0946e251.png

Supremacy is duty

WarframePublic0021_zps255c2ec9.png

My favorite

If our enemies deserved peace they would have defeated us

WarframePublic0003_zps43ce8f97.png

This one is upside down DE, but we translated it anyway :D

The top screen is just a partial copy of the bottom one so we wont bother with writing what it means.

When we turn it right side up it reads:

Want to know more?(hehehehe Starship Troopers reference)

Wassup Grineer Here

com system wide

obey all signs and

its the law grineer

com system wide

Edited by Kiafis

With the @ and #, the sentance reads "#WASSUP@GRINEERHERE" and "#IT'STHELAW@GRINEER" Lol, hashtags.

Could it be Open and Close inverted commas?  :O

Warframe_Public0037.png

*LOOR 

Could it be 'F'? I cant find it on the list of alphabets you provided

And there as to be some meaning to the bigger coloured symbols.. The first two images in the OP has it red. Mine was yellow. And i have a green one too. 

Edited by wkfire

Will add F with credit going to you sir, thank you never saw that one. As for that bigger symbol that only appears to function as a sort of Grineer emblem. It does change color but the only function we can seem to make of it is that is the Grineer emblem similar to the other faction emblems.

Also would you mind telling us where you found that so we could confirm it?

Edited by Kiafis

Could it be Open and Close inverted commas?  :O

Warframe_Public0037.png

*LOOR 

Could it be 'F'? I cant find it on the list of alphabets you provided

And there as to be some meaning to the bigger coloured symbols.. The first two images in the OP has it red. Mine was yellow. And i have a green one too. 

I doubt that it means anything, I'm guessing it's either an emblem showing certain areas or the emblem used for all Grineer, like a flag. Maybe even something to show loyalty, because as my friends have shown with their decoding, they are very much into loyalty.

Will add F with credit going to you sir, thank you never saw that one. As for that bigger symbol that only appears to function as a sort of Grineer emblem. It does change color but the only function we can seem to make of it is that is the Grineer emblem similar to the other faction emblems.

Also would you mind telling us where you found that so we could confirm it?

My pleasure :D

Well, it was on the new tile sets. I was on my way to Exta, to kill the Ceres boss. 

My pleasure :D

Well, it was on the new tile sets. I was on my way to Exta, to kill the Ceres boss. 

Thank you very much, we both confirmed the letter F and added a new letter: V