The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Welcome To Dark Sectors Pvp: Acrid Sold Separately

DBugII

Put on your Zoren Copters, Invis Loki, Acrid, and Thunderbolt Atticas and Welcome to Dark Sector PvP.

Tell me again why the sabotage format was cut for this terrible garbage plagued by network issues which rewards host players with the ability to quite literally the to whip around so quickly that their movements don't even render on a client's screen.

I thought I was exaggerating when I said "I don't play Dark Sectors at all because of how broken its been since it was converted to the PvP format", and now it's degraded to "I don't play Dark Sectors anymore because of how broken its been since it was converted to the PvP format".

I'm not even going to bother writing 5 paragraphs how bad pugging is. It's absolutely dreadful and anyone doing a conflict should never pug if they actually want to win. If I pug against a team that isn't, we lose every time. If I pug against a team that pugged, we generally win 50/50.

Since its nearly impossible to get energy after respawning, I have yet to run into any issues with frames.

-----

As far as weapons are concerned, I feel like some kid complaining about shotguns in CoD except in that game Shotguns don't instakill people 50m away and secondly they're not called Acrid (Among other offenders).

Acrid isn't the only weapon that either needs to be barred or reworked (preferably to not bypass shields) either. There are a number of weapons which need to be removed because they break the balance of the game and result to everyone spamming poison needles, explosives, etc. That kind of reward should be reserved for weapons like snipers or shotguns in at point-blank range, not a 15 round dart shooter that can instagib a frame in 1 - 2 shots - Allowing their users to gain a quick start to leveling and essentially locking out others from doing the same.

I feel as if specific weapons just need to be flat out barred from DS or that the whole leveling system entirely just needs to be removed. Players are still finding ways to cheat the system to gain unfair advantages.

Another thing to do is to remove the life counter for attackers or give one to defenders. I think it would be a better system to give players a timeframe inwhich they need to move forward with the objectives or the mission ends in favor of the defense (See Also: TF2).

Another thing which could help players who are behind considerably or who enter the game late would be to allow enemy kills to reward the same amount of XP as a Tenno kill, or at least half of that.

You could also add the sabotage option back for those who don't want to put up with this too. Just a thought.

Yes it is broken, but there is a team of developers who are currently working on PVP, to balance it out.

Balance meaning - after the change comes you will have only a set of frames, weapons to choose (which is logical).

As to when it is coming I can't answer.

All of the information is from DEstream 45.

But yeah it's fun right my personal build for PVP is Ash, Marelok, Dread, Dual zoren, and I don't use bladestorm, few shurikens work as well, as well as oneshot marelok or dread ...

Apparently certain weapons/mods are going to be restricted in PvP, meaning that loadouts will be smaller, simpler, and hopefully more balanced. I may actually have to give it a whirl once the changes are implemented.

Although I'm curious if Ash will even be allowed in PvP at all given the mehcanics of his abilities.

Edited by Paradoxbomb