The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Increase Melee Jump Attack Damage By A Percentage Based On Height.

MASKSMITH

Right now, if you just do a plain ol' jump off the ground and slam your hammer into an enemy, it does the base damage. Okay, good, fine. However, if you climb up to the highest point in the map (Say, the big sniper tower in one of the Corpus defense missions) and then jump off and slam your hammer, it'll do the same damage.

I think its counter intuitive. Make it so the damage increases the further you fall, ala Castlevania or Dark Souls. I don't see any capacity for it being overpowered given that the very nature of it requires you to waste time climbing instead of attacking, but it'd be a neat bonus for leaving a sniper perch.

i don't think the game engine that built this game can do that.

Wha? Do you have any idea what you're talking about? Considering that the game already takes into account how far you've fallen (for your landing animations), this shouldn't be a particularly difficult thing to implement.

I think, the damage on AoE could be the same. BUT! I want it so that when you directly land on an enemy with melee jump attack from sufficient height, you do an execution move that deal massive damage to that enemy.

Also, air assassination.

I very much like the idea, either widen the AoE Radius or the damage depending on height. Maybe even have different weapons different effect, like the hammer has a larger AoE but Gram would have more damage, and Scindo a mixture of both.
Also a positive effect is it would make excaliburs superjump a worthwile combat alternative.