Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Improvement For Maneuverability

timster7

What they can do is leave the E button as attack but also have a primary melee mode where you can use E as block and left mouse key to swing more freely while moving around and right mouse key to use special moves like jump +plus right key to do the downtown slam move or right key charge with the space bar afterwards to do an upper cut with a following up with an air combo slash by button smashing the Left key as quickly as possible. also add a mid air dash to exit out of the combo or move freely but that would make is complicated. Also sliding with primary melee mode should be able to let us slide and start swinging away with the left key or power slide with the right key. just a basic idea of RE Amping the melee.

We Are ninjas after all are we not lol.

I like the fact i can easly bust out my swords when I'm holding a rifle but sometimes I just Feel like I just want to go blades in only.

I might have to add on this idea since there isn't a PvP ring or a hang out practice dojo the players can hang out in but I think if they do add something like this they should also add a counter blocking system which would allow players to block and counter with a massive critical and or break block with a charge attack. but block should be implemented so you can run freely and block at the same time til the opponent or npc breaks your block which then you stagger for a second til you get your avatar back on its feet.

Mobile melee is possible in this game with chained moves. double slash/air slash/single slash/double slash+uppercut

go into a slash (slide melee) and hold down both the ctrl and e, and then let up on both for as little time as possible, and then do ctrl to slide, and quickly e to slash

you can also do a short slash but its hard to describe (fast weapons go too far on a full slash attack sometimes)

uh but i think your system can be integrated without destroying my current skill set. it sounds interesting.

We were talking with a friend on teamspeak while playing warframe a few days ago - told him how much I love the game as I really needed a good shooter. Then came the question that why is that then that I'm not shooting...

Anyways, as akward as it seems, actually having the ability to switch to melee mode may make sense as it feels odd for me when I finish my melee rampage, the character slowly brings out the gun previously active. If it's so hard to take the gun out how is it that I can put it away that fast right? There is no problem if you have only a dagger, but with the Scindo, this feel strange.

Making melee-mode possible would be nice and I might even like the idea to force those with two-handed heavy weapons to use it - in rifle mode, their character would only do a "push/shove" attack on pressing melee button similar to the one that enemy shooters do up close.

Still, this is only a nice suggestion, nothing really must-have.

What I would like more is making the block ability more useful - in fact I don't know if it does anything at all right now - apart from looking awesome with swords and comical with scindo. If it would work like: you have X chance to block an attack, every successful block reduces your chance against the next attack a bit (depending on the damage of blocked attack?), though it regenerates fast. Mods could be introduced to actually highten this regeneration( or even the block chance itself) and ones to raise the damage amount blocked (% or actual numbers could work to). Heavy weapons could have different statistics (they are slower but they are huge - scindo is like a real shield in front of you...).

Obviously adding sparkle effect on blocked bullets is a must, that would look brutally awesome.