Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There Is A Massive Movement Ahead, Run Tenno / Escape Missions

Venarge

One problem I see that hasn't been brought up yet is the afk farmers that launch into missions and then wait for the alert rewards and xp.  They might cause a problem when they don't move from the start position of the mission area.

Btw Gekker, that was hilarious!!!!  I had to show my co-worker when I saw it!

One problem I see that hasn't been brought up yet is the afk farmers that launch into missions and then wait for the alert rewards and xp.  They might cause a problem when they don't move from the start position of the mission area.

Btw Gekker, that was hilarious!!!!  I had to show my co-worker when I saw it!

I think if they made it so if you fall too far behind, it kills you, that would deal with the farmers pretty well.

While I like this idea, I, personally, doubt I would be able to handle it.  I get near anxiety attacks when I try to play horror/suspense games (thus I avoid playing them at all), sometimes even just watching some else play them depending on the situation (certain events in Dead Space and. F.E.A.R for instance, when watching my brother play).  Hell, the freaking Stalker does this to me at times, depending on the situation (if I am not with friends and using low level stuff, I start to freak). To me, the 'adrenaline rush' feeling is extremely uncomfortable and not pleasant.

But I'm not going to say 'no' to this idea because of that, as I am surely the minority. I'll just likely be the teammate that gets eaten because I keep making mistakes trying to get away because I'm freaking out too much XD.

@ ALL: Thank you for your support guys.

@Gekkar: This image is super awesome :D Thats exactly what I want to happen xD

@LifelessTenno: A good question! My idea was that you would have the chance to use an revive. If you wont use it, you can 

watch your team play. Another thing that would come up would be some kind of "save point" before the 

creature appears to save your mods since the creatures attack is an instant kill

@Mr.Greedy:   Yeah, definitly not very often. Just a randomized event =)

@Di0medes: A great idea! This must be added for sure!

@Mewtiger: The monster attack would simply devour the Tenno. One hit kill ^^

@Longdraw: Good point! My idea for this would be a spawnzone for everyone in the team to make it equal. Otherwise people

who think this mission

happens, would always stay at the end of a room to be the first one to run away^^ And AFK´s would be spawned

to the team and get eaten :3

Edited by Venarge

So I saw some great ideas to improve this idea so I will handle this the same way I did with the throwable daggers thread!

I will add some ideas from posts here,with their owners of course, to the first post to save these ideas and make them easier to find.

I came up with an idea for elevator events.

If the elevator would go down, the worm breaks through the door and crawls down, closer to your platform. You now have to shoot the worm to make him slower and not reach you^^

If the elevator goes up, some tentacles appear above you in the elevator shaft and you would have to shoot them. otherwise, these tentacles would actually stop the platform from further going up and the worm would destroy the platform from below and eat everyone.

Edited by Venarge

I came up with an idea for elevator events.

If the elevator would go down, the worm breaks through the door and crawls down, closer to your platform. You now have to shoot the worm to make him slower and not reach you^^

If the elevator goes up, some tentacles appear above you in the elevator shaft and you would have to shoot them. otherwise, these tentacles would actually stop the platform from further going up and the worm would destroy the platform from below and eat everyone.

Eh, only problem with this is that they would have to make a special extra long elevator ride for this to be feasible, as most elevator rides are 1-2 floors only XD.

Eh, only problem with this is that they would have to make a special extra long elevator ride for this to be feasible, as most elevator rides are 1-2 floors only XD.

True :D

Maybe they could use those ultra long way elevators :D

This sounds absolutely terrifying.

And yet, probably much more enjoyable than the Stalker.

Feeling like I actually stand a chance to survive is much more frightening than knowing I'm doomed the instant the lights flicker.

YES PLZ! And give this thing a terrifying sound that can be heard from the inside of the facility, and make the sound get closer and closer

I would love that idea! In my opinion I would imagine since the Worm is so massive, it would of caused some damage to the ship thus causing no floors to exist or certain floors would be close to breaking to the point where you would have to wall run on the walls just to escape. Instead of just running away from the worm, make it where you must escalate higher on the ship  causing you to use the game mechanics or wall running! 

This is just my opinion :P

I would love that idea! In my opinion I would imagine since the Worm is so massive, it would of caused some damage to the ship thus causing no floors to exist or certain floors would be close to breaking to the point where you would have to wall run on the walls just to escape. Instead of just running away from the worm, make it where you must escalate higher on the ship  causing you to use the game mechanics or wall running! 

This is just my opinion :P

Cool idea :D

True :D

Maybe they could use those ultra long way elevators :D

Would be pretty hectic if the elevator wasn't already there and you had to wait for it XD.  I'd probably be one of those that kept trying to push the call button, trying to make it come faster!

Would be pretty hectic if the elevator wasn't already there and you had to wait for it XD.  I'd probably be one of those that kept trying to push the call button, trying to make it come faster!

Oh man, you just described me XD

We need this to be one of those encrypted messages on the official youtube channel, because there are those who aren't even going to the forum and  it would be cool!

Yeah. A implementation with a small short vid of the being that chases you. Even if its just the shadow with a growling sound would be a great way to introduce this to the players:3 Cool idea

Edited by Venarge

would be pretty scary to play but still legit and fun if with the right team/right mods as well.

Definitly. I think if this might get added, they would have to create a way to survive with every frame.

Akivoodoo for example had the great idea that Lotus closes the doors behind you. My addition for this would be that only the next 3 or 4 doors ahead are open and that the next closed door would only open if the last door, the creature has not yet passed, would be closed by Lotus. This way, the team would have to look for every member in order to survive and rushers couldnt simply run away from their team ^^

Edited by Venarge

Thought:  could this be a possible 'secondary objective' during an extermination mission?  Right now, Extermination missions are the only mission type that doesn't have a chance to get a secondary mission tagged on (maybe this thing blocks the intended path to extraction and you have to find a new way to get out?).

Lotus: no further life forms, proceed to extraction *pause*  wait, I reading something else, something big.

*thing crashes in, blocking the way*

Lotus:  you're not equipped to fight it, Tenno!  Run!

Not saying it can't show up in other mission types of course (though it would suck for me as I use primarily exterminations for leveling/exploring XD).

AWESOME IDEA!!

If they go with the idea of a giant worm type creature it would probably be insanely complicated to do animations and AI programming to allow the creature to attack a player no matter where he/she is in EVERY ROOM. here are some solutions that would allow animators to program a single path that the creature would always take, one unique for each room. This would allow them to spend more time on polished animations and brutal environmental destruction caused by the creature.

- one solution to this could be having the worm creature spew large amounts of poison that would quickly fill up each room that it enters so that players that stay behind would die like they should.

- another solution (this would only work on space station missions) is to have the creature brutalize each room that it enters and create irreparable damages to the hull as it thrashes around. this would create an airless vacuum in the room causing suffocation and/or ( If/when they implement gravity shift) player could be sucked into space and die.

- a 3rd solution (similar to the 1st one) would be to have the creature spawn hundred of tiny flying insect type enemies (I'm thinking similar to the stuff you see flying around in the air in infested missions.) from its its body that would be extremely quickly fly all over each room that the creature enters, tearing the warframe and flesh from player's bodies when they come into contact

if a player dies in any of these scenarios they would not be able to revive or be revived from a downed state by another player (obviously the other player would die too quickly) This would really give players a fear for their lives.

Oh my god.  I love this idea.  For some reason I get a thrill from experiences like this, where you can't fight back, where all you can do is run and hope the thing doesn't catch you.  :D

Kinda reminds me of Silent Hill:  Shattered Memories, actually.

This may have been suggested already, but perhaps when this...thing is chasing you, you can shoot objects that can drop on top of it or in front of it to slow it down.  Again, very Shattered Memories-esque idea, but it could work.  

Or maybe you could somehow hack a console to lock a door more securely than normal, if you have the time.  It would, in turn, buy you more time to escape.