Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There Is A Massive Movement Ahead, Run Tenno / Escape Missions

Venarge

whoa whoa wait.... HOW CAN THIS GIANT THING FIT ENOUGH IN THE SPACE SHIP ?

yes i admit it will be good IF YOU ARE IN CORPUS HQ, BUT THEIR SPACE SHIP... YEAH WE GONNA NEED A GIANT SPACE BAT 

Edited by Doforcash

I was looking for some other worm like creatures.

What do you think about them?

worm_by_tira_owl-d581uav.jpg

worm_faced_beast_by_davesrightmind-d4wgf

worm_beast_by_thrantantra-d3709nq.jpg

Splitworm.png

Well, the split worm was definitly one of those creatures i can really see as some kind of infested. First it just looks like a huge worm. But then, the flesh makes space for a giant mouth with razor sharp teeth :3

SEEM MEATY

" hi sir, nice's to MEAT you, would you mind if i HOLD A PIECE of you ?"

I like the idea but I don't see how fast anyone can lock the worm while it's CHASING you unless you got someone who can speedrun the area and lock the doors (and potentially you) inside a room to delay him.

A potential fix for this problem, would to allow the worm to be slowed down/stunned for a few seconds depending on how long the run would be.

That, or the worm can only be slowed down/stunned a maximum of 2 times during the chase, which would make it so the players would have to first close the first door by slowing the worm, then try to get to the last door (or the second last) and get that door shut fast by slowing the worm a second time.

And, if the team fails, or slows the worm down 2 times before either the second last, or last door, they automatically get killed before they manage to get to the exit.

However, if this should be an encounter, what would be the chances of actually meeting a big &#! worm on a ship anyways?

The poor worm would only be stuck, or break the ship in two, throwing it - along with anyone else - out into outer space.

Therefor, the worm should be encountered on one of the land based maps, rather then on a ship.

Poor Frost and Rhino, will Snow Globe affect it?

It would slow him down a bit.

they will have a chance to survive for sure. Since Lotus would close doors behind them, even the slower frames would be able to reach the exit =)

SEEM MEATY

" hi sir, nice's to MEAT you, would you mind if i HOLD A PIECE of you ?"

I see what you did there xD

YES YES YES PLZ MAKE THIS!!!!

Lets hope they see our thread here :3

A potential fix for this problem, would to allow the worm to be slowed down/stunned for a few seconds depending on how long the run would be.

That, or the worm can only be slowed down/stunned a maximum of 2 times during the chase, which would make it so the players would have to first close the first door by slowing the worm, then try to get to the last door (or the second last) and get that door shut fast by slowing the worm a second time.

And, if the team fails, or slows the worm down 2 times before either the second last, or last door, they automatically get killed before they manage to get to the exit.

However, if this should be an encounter, what would be the chances of actually meeting a big &#! worm on a ship anyways?

The poor worm would only be stuck, or break the ship in two, throwing it - along with anyone else - out into outer space.

Therefor, the worm should be encountered on one of the land based maps, rather then on a ship.

Good ideas here =)

Thanks for your feedback!

We need a name for our sweet creature. I came up with an idea:

THE PURIFYER

Why this name? Well, since even the Infested communicate with you, and they always talk about you becoming one with them, this creature could be called this name for actually erasing every individual being and becoming one with the hive mind. Therefore Purifyer ^^

Any other ideas?

Edited by Venarge

Hmmm well then i guess i better strap my volt's boots back up and press 2 for victory!

or just use a Loki

i pity the rhinos with no rush mods >.>

You wont be any further than the others are. The next door only will open if the last door is closed. And to be closed, every team members has to make it through. Therefore, no rushing since the doors ahead simply wont open.

I know that in Ys Seven, you encounter an optional boss early on that you have to run away from because a single attack does over 20000 damage at your current level, but at the half way point in the game, you can come back to kill the boss.

Edited by Caliocerion

I know that in Ys Seven, you encounter an optional boss early on that you have to run away from because a single attack does over 20000 damage at your current level, but at the half way point in the game, you can come back to kill the boss.

Oh man. That is awesome :3

I like the idea, but I'm thinking it would be problematic for the slower Warframes even with the closing doors XD

Also wondering how something like a massive worm would navigate some of the map tiles >_>; Although I suppose it wouldn't have to be a worm... Might be a swarm something particularly nasty. 

Why not both? Why not have a variation or horrifying infested abominations that are out for Tenno blood? The sky is the limit with this great idea, but a worm and a swarm aren't enough! Why not a twisting, writhing mass of infested flesh, like a giant slug? Oozing through the halls as it hunts down anything living. Closing doors may slow it down, but just when you thought you lost it, it comes barreling through the vents!

Variations! Just one monster would become stale, but mixing it up? Beautiful. 

When I mentioned the slug-like enemy, I had only a bare idea of what it would look like, but coincidentally enough, I managed to find a good picture.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120610225016/villains/images/8/88/William_Birkin_(G5).jpg

Disclaimer: William Birkin, and all of the stages of his being, is the property of Capcom. The image is used solely as an example and is completely non-profit. I do not have Capcom's express permission to post this image, and will remove the link if asked. 

Edited by Spriggs

When I mentioned the slug-like enemy, I had only a bare idea of what it would look like, but coincidentally enough, I managed to find a good picture.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120610225016/villains/images/8/88/William_Birkin_(G5).jpg

Disclaimer: William Birkin, and all of the stages of his being, is the property of Capcom. The image is used solely as an example and is completely non-profit. I do not have Capcom's express permission to post this image, and will remove the link if asked. 

Man, Birkins final form simply fits perfect :3

Come on DE, make this <3

This idea would be a fresh breeze of air. But it should be a random mid-mission objective-change in infestation raid/sabotage maps to make sure the hostage won't get stuck in a crate (he/she has a tendency to do that). The Greneers should have their equivalent of the "beastie", not sure what it could be though.

Ideas for Infested monster: Centipede-like critter, spider swarm, blob of goo that absorbs everything that touches it, mutated mass of corpses with giant jaws and horns, a mix of all? :)

+1 to OP.

I agree with this.

I think this will be better as a special event on a raid mission etc.. I don't see how it works a normal mission stating.. "Escape Mission" cause it didn't make any sense... So Tenno just landed on a ship, then is told "There is a massive movement ahead! You will need to escape the ship!"

Anyway it's still a good idea... instead of keep having being told to collect 4 Data, after collecting already collecting 4. :<

I agree with this, but it should be a random dynamic event(Most likely in Infected missions), not a mission. Like the stalker(Or another mission objective), there´s a little chance for this event to appear.

I agree with this.

I think this will be better as a special event on a raid mission etc.. I don't see how it works a normal mission stating.. "Escape Mission" cause it didn't make any sense... So Tenno just landed on a ship, then is told "There is a massive movement ahead! You will need to escape the ship!"

Anyway it's still a good idea... instead of keep having being told to collect 4 Data, after collecting already collecting 4. :<

I understand your concerns^^

For me, it would make sense if its on a infested mission. You are going to safe the prisoner, but suddenly, Lotus calls in and tells you that there is something huge moving your way. The mission begins :D

But special events, maybe alerts, sound cool as well =)

Thanks for your opinion on that

I agree with this, but it should be a random dynamic event(Most likely in Infected missions), not a mission. Like the stalker(Or another mission objective), there´s a little chance for this event to appear.

yep. Dynamic events are always good :D

Those pics look awesome.

Don't like the last one as much as the first 3 though.

Hehe. Thank you :D

Hmm. A name... Purifyer sounds nice. The first thing that came up for me was hivemind. But this sounds kind of boring. It needs a badass name!

The first thing that came up for me was hivemind. But this sounds kind of boring. It needs a badass name!

Maybe Collector? But yeah, it needs a cool name

Yes please.

Thanks for your support :D