Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Running Is Killing The Game*

RedEye88

Edit: Fixed the title.

Hi all just started play a few missions again and i just cant notice how the runners have gotten even worse.

Nothing new right?

I have a suggestion for this that its been used in other games to prevent just that and make us actually fight the mob/enemies and beat some challenges.

If we can run past enemies without dying whats the point of fighting them?if theres no point fighting them theres no point upgrading stuff,if no upgrades why play? It might sound ridiculous but think about it.

So here is my suggestion which you could have easily tough of from start now would be a lot harder to implement.

Create locked down stages/ares that get locked until the enemies have been cleared,or create some type of minigames like destroy all the cameras,destroy xx number of consoles,hack some pannels for w/e reasons to unlock next area.Just like when a windows gets broken,stage is locked down,mobs shoot at you,your hp is going down and you have to hack pannels to move on and survive.

Hint Devil may cry series or Vindictus sounds familiar?Especially DMC had such a great minigame stages that really made it fun to do a map.

Also you could add miniboses and elite mobs in some stages for us to tackle.

As i have said previously game is way to simple.All this run n gun doesnt not offer enough it actually makes the game worse.The game cannot continue to be successfull only like this imo.

I know some might be butthurt and disagree cause they cant do every mission in 3 seconds but THINK about it.Do you want to have fun while playing or just run all day in a virtual game with no depth?

Please make this game fun,i know you devs look mostly to the very popular threads/suggestions i cant make this suggestion very popular but think about it.I started played since march and this game still has 0% more depth into the gameplay than it had then.Sure it had a lot of patches and fixes,but nothing that would add more gameplay depth and features.Weapons and warframes  are not depth they are just optional different ways of doing the same thing run n gun.

Hopefully someone will listen,take care.

Edited by RedEye88

@crow-k 

Maybe read everything its not just about running to the end,its about the fact we dont even have to fight enemies just get to objective kill a few mobs if they are in your way and thats it.I think i leave alive more than 50% of the  enemies on maps currently theres just no point to stop killing them.

First, didn't they make it in 7.9 where 50% has to be at extraction before the countdown starts already?

Second, "different strokes for different folks". I personally don't enjoy playing with rushers. I don't hate them or even hold any ill will. I just simply don't enjoy playing with them. Use your friends list to your advantage folks. Surely in one or two sittings you find at least a couple random players that fit your style right? Add them to your friends list. That or scan through the mega-huge list of threads about clans on here and join one. There are plenty that are anti-rush.

Third ????

Fourth Profit!!!

@crow-k 

Maybe read everything its not just about running to the end,its about the fact we dont even have to fight enemies just get to objective kill a few mobs if they are in your way and thats it.I think i leave alive more than 50% of the  enemies on maps currently theres just no point to stop killing them.

This is a perfect example of playstyle. This is what you prefer. Where I prefer to kill everything. If not simply for the stress relief and XP.

Not that either one is wrong or one better than the other. Just different styles and why it's just better to run with like minded players.

@Aramahn

3 guys in a row didnt even bother read my thread only the title maybe.

I dont care about who gets to the end first its just you can skip everything running past thats what i meant about RUNNERS!!!

Why are you all talking about the end need 50% bla bla no one cares about the end.

I just re-played a couple missions and people do just that run past most of the enemies because theres no point in killing everysingle one.Thats why i said locked down stages.Read again.

This is a perfect example of playstyle. This is what you prefer. Where I prefer to kill everything. If not simply for the stress relief and XP.

Not that either one is wrong or one better than the other. Just different styles and why it's just better to run with like minded players.

This, perfect explanation.

And yes, I am aware that the requirement is already 50%, I was being sarcastic to make the point that there is already a step to ensure that you have to be very far behind to be 1 min behind the second fastest player. There are clans devoted to total annihilation though. You could also stick to the levels that require 100% kills and guarantee that everyone partakes in it. 

I... don't really get your point here... I mean, why did you leave 50% of the enemies? you get exp by killing them.they drop stuff that can be used to upgrade your weapon or build one. really, why do you play it in rush? how can you have fun if you play it like that?

(sorry, I have a little problem with some rushers. but I think you're not one of them, right?)

there is already a lockdown, and you should clear the area first before hack the door because you're vulnerable when you hack it. there's challenge that can be considered as mini games, only it's just for you.

but well, maybe another type of challenge or puzzle can be good. i don't know. I really like this game like this, simple but have so many potential.

@agung.up

At least you read what i posted.

So i have maxed everything because its that easy and i only played everyday for about 2 weeks to do just that.So lets say right now i do an alert mission,theres no reason for me to stop kill everysingle enemy since i dont need XP and if i need mods ill jsut bloody go to a defense mission and repeat it endlessly.

And i dont play it in rush others do,everyone does.Why ? i just said above why.Or idk what other reason they have.

We need everywhere lockdown stages wheres we have to clear enemies or challenges all togheter so it wont be 1-2 guys run past mobs to the objective and whoever feels like blasting or slashing some pointless enemies can do so.Makes no sense.

Anyway its hard to find common sense because people dont think first.

All i can say is if you played DMC series or Vindictus you know what the heck i mean.

Edited by RedEye88

So we either play your way or not at all. You really should consider joining a clan that has similar ideas and you can support each otehr without asking DE to enact a very limiting style of gameplay so we can all play your way. 

@agung.up

At least you read what i posted.

So i have maxed everything because its that easy and i only played everyday for about 2 weeks to do just that.So lets say right now i do an alert mission,theres no reason for me to stop kill everysingle enemy since i dont need XP and if i need mods ill jsut bloody go to a defense mission and repeat it endlessly.

And i dont play it in rush others do,everyone does.Why ? i just said above why.Or idk what other reason they have.

We need everywhere lockdown stages wheres we have to clear enemies or challenges all togheter so it wont be 1-2 guys run past mobs to the objective and whoever feels like blasting or slashing some pointless enemies can do so.Makes no sense.

Anyway its hard to find common sense because people dont think first.

All i can say is if you played DMC series or Vindictus you know what the heck i mean.

yeah, I played DMC. sorry I didn't read that part before.

right know the only thing you can do is, like what crow said, join to the clan with similar playstyle.

or you can have fun by trying to troll the rusher by doing something like mark the floor, bring one of the datamass but don't move, or (if you're the host) abort the mission when at 10 second before extraction and let them feel the unstability of host migration :D (the last one is really effective on extermination mission, because it mean they must do it all over again :D )

So you actually enjoy runing past mobs get to objective and to escape more than completing properly a map/run and clear some challenges on the way to your objective/escape WOW?

Are you guys even gamers?if theres little challenges whats the point of the game facepalm.

I... don't really get your point here... I mean, why did you leave 50% of the enemies? you get exp by killing them.they drop stuff that can be used to upgrade your weapon or build one. really, why do you play it in rush? how can you have fun if you play it like that?

(sorry, I have a little problem with some rushers. but I think you're not one of them, right?)

there is already a lockdown, and you should clear the area first before hack the door because you're vulnerable when you hack it. there's challenge that can be considered as mini games, only it's just for you.

but well, maybe another type of challenge or puzzle can be good. i don't know. I really like this game like this, simple but have so many potential.

There are people who don't need ANY mods anymore because they have plenty.

There are people playing normal missions or alerts just for either the credit or "?" reward after the mission or because they farm a specific ressource (from a boss).

In some cases those people play the mission online even if they could solo it easy because they think they are helping people to get the desired Alert reward or boss kill faster with them sticking around.

Besides that those people don't have anything more to do than leveling the few remaining Weapons they have still not leveled after Reaching Rank 9 and this they do on Mobile/Endless Defense Maps anyways because it yields more EXP.

Thats why those people rush... nothing can hurt them, what gets left behind they don't care about (loot, normal ressources, kills) and every mission not a Mobile/Endless Defense takes too long for them so they try to get what they came for fast.

right know the only thing you can do is, like what crow said, join to the clan with similar playstyle.

or you can have fun by trying to troll the rusher by doing something like mark the floor, bring one of the datamass but don't move, or (if you're the host) abort the mission when at 10 second before extraction and let them feel the unstability of host migration :D (the last one is really effective on extermination mission, because it mean they must do it all over again :D )

Or the other thing i can do is make a suggestion,hopefully get some support and maybe devs will find some inspiration in making the gameplay more entertaining/challenging and less annoying.

As for the 2nd part datamass/abort i dont think thats how the game was meant to be played hence why i made this thread.you might be doing it wrong lol.

Edited by RedEye88

Or the other thing i can do is make a suggestion,hopefully get some support and maybe devs will find some inspiration in making the gameplay more entertaining/challenging and less annoying.

As for the 2nd part datamass/abort i dont think thats how the game was meant to be played hence why i made this thread.you might be doing it wrong lol.

I have seen many suggestion thread, with almost similar problem, similar suggestion, similar content, but everything still depend on the developers. I will just give them the time and trust them to do what they think is good (or you can say that I'm too lazy to compose any suggestion :D )

and like you said, rusher ruin the game. there's no point to play like how the game was meant to be played if it already ruined (it's ok, I only do that to the rushers, not everyone :D )

yeah, I played DMC. sorry I didn't read that part before.

Please do not suggest people do things like that. Even if rushers are annoying they do not stop the game. Everything you suggested is about as crappy a thing you can do, and if he does that he should also play tag on a busy highway.

To be specific, that last part is not aimed at the poster or anyone in the thread, just to anyone who would do that.

Edited by crow-k

Please do not suggest people do things like that. Even if rushers are annoying they do not stop the game. Everything you suggested is about as crappy a thing you can do, and if he does that he should also play tag on a busy highway.

To be specific, that last part is not aimed at the poster or anyone in the thread, just to anyone who would do that.

haha. sorry won't be repeated :D.

Edited by agung.up

Well both sides have a legit argument.

Whats the point of the enemies if you don't kill them

or

Why waste time to kill them

honestly though, this argument will loop over and over again.

People have different preferences and that's how the game is intended to be played.

Based on the players preference, whether to complete the mission swiftly and effectively,

or annihilate everything and be a boss. It all depends on the person, having everyone think that your way is much funner is unrealistic.

I at times kill everything to level up low ranked weapons and frames but also speed through

when I just want to clear to get that reward. Such as alerts.

As far as fixes, it will not make sense to have the levels locked, it will ruin the fluidity of the game.

Let alone there is designated missions that fulfill this purpose such as defense.

Also your definition of fun is purely subjective and doesn't reflect everyone. Although it is a nice suggestion, there is no definite priority to implement this. Especially when they already do have lockdowns for those that are unfortunate enough to not get away from the giant mob swarming behind them. Only to have them swarm in and eat them alive because they didn't take them in small increments.

Needless to say, try find a nice group, I play with a group of friends so I avoid this problem entirely.

Edited by xGenuity

I have something who can solve your problem "play in private" that way you say to all your friends from the wonderland (friendlist) to not rush and kill everything and you let those "rusher" rush their way. If you don't have friend to play in private try to play solo, if you are too weak for solo get some friends it's an online game there is plenty of people

Edit: Fixed the title.

Hi all just started play a few missions again and i just cant notice how the runners have gotten even worse.

Nothing new right?

I have a suggestion for this that its been used in other games to prevent just that and make us actually fight the mob/enemies and beat some challenges.

If we can run past enemies without dying whats the point of fighting them?if theres no point fighting them theres no point upgrading stuff,if no upgrades why play? It might sound ridiculous but think about it.

So here is my suggestion which you could have easily tough of from start now would be a lot harder to implement.

Create locked down stages/ares that get locked until the enemies have been cleared,or create some type of minigames like destroy all the cameras,destroy xx number of consoles,hack some pannels for w/e reasons to unlock next area.Just like when a windows gets broken,stage is locked down,mobs shoot at you,your hp is going down and you have to hack pannels to move on and survive.

Hint Devil may cry series or Vindictus sounds familiar?Especially DMC had such a great minigame stages that really made it fun to do a map.

Also you could add miniboses and elite mobs in some stages for us to tackle.

As i have said previously game is way to simple.All this run n gun doesnt not offer enough it actually makes the game worse.The game cannot continue to be successfull only like this imo.

I know some might be butthurt and disagree cause they cant do every mission in 3 seconds but THINK about it.Do you want to have fun while playing or just run all day in a virtual game with no depth?

I totally agree with your sentiments and have voted your post up....also please see my post. Feel free to comment and vote it up. The developers need  to sit up, take notice and implement ideas that are simple and do-able within the current game software, using the minimum code writing.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/38715-well-im-officially-bored/#entry366497