Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reverb Is Mostly Good, But A Few Areas Need Tweaking

Ashnal

Specifically the open end boxes in the corpus outpost. They sound almost as enclosed as the metal pipes in the grineer mining tileset.

Specifically, I think they should sound less enclosed, because they are usually pretty short and open on two ends. Many sounds that come from outside the crate reverberate too much when you're standing just inside of it, even when the sounds should be directly hitting your ear. Also, in contrast to the metal pipes, the crates are much thinner, meaning more sound bleed through and less reverb. Please adjust this.

Also a little bit less reverb on the pipes would be good too, while it does sound quite realistic, it tends to hurt my ears a bit when I'm using my headset. Not much, just a little.

It would be great if reverb environment changes could be gradual rather than instant, so that if you're just on the edge of a pipe it doesn't sound like everything has already travelled it's length, only when you get ~15m into it do things really start to echo. But it should be a linear change between the two, not a hard border like it seems to be.