Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Predator

(XBOX)Grihaly

Yes, I'm talking about this Predator: 

1987_predator_008.jpg

I know because of copyright and all that stuff, this probably could never happen. But I can dream, right?

You're probably wondering "where did this idea come from?" So let me tell you, back in the early days of September, 2014, when this game launched on XB1, I was looking at all the frames, and I said to friend of mine who's a PC veteran, I said "This game needs two frames, a Gunslinger, and a Predator themed frame!" Well, we have a gunslinger, so I'm waiting on this :P

Again, this is just what I think would work if it were to be a thing.

Of course, it would need the dreads, change the face, give it a completely different helmet (or not) but it needs the dreads! One of the main reasons I wanted Hydroid was because of his face-dreads xD

Alright, down to health and shields: I'm not really putting much thought into exact numbers, but it would have a shield-to-health ratio similar to Mesa (significantly higher health than shields, even with mods) Energy, regular old 150 at max rank.

Now the powers:

Thermal Vision: Starting power- Cost: 25 energy to cast. Because using literal thermal vision would be a bit out of place, I would say have it show enemies through walls, up to 50m at max, gives allies line-of-sight also. affected by duration and range mods.

Cloak: Cost: 50 energy. Because Ash and Loki both have their own invisibility already, and additional would be downright over used, so my idea for this, since it's essential to the Predator's equipment, and really can't be overruled, have work like this - cloaked until engaged in combat (firing a shot, swinging your sword etc.) then it automatically de-cloaks the player, maybe give it a timer so it can't be.. dare I say 'exploited'. Affected by duration mods.

Mimic: Cost: 60 energy. This one has an unorthodox cost, because it could be used with several different possibilities, would probably be bumped to 75 with a final idea, but anyway here's how it could work. Mimic the 'voice' of an enemy and confuse enemies (within a close proximity to each other, would work a little bit like terrify) causing them to ignore the player (and allies) for a set amount of time. Now to the part of "different possibilities": while undetected, the confusion affect lasts longer, and the enemy (or enemies) will stay in the area of the mimic, and are less likely to notice you (as they will be focused on what they 'heard'. The Power would be used by aiming your crosshair at the direction you want the enemy to go. Affected by range and duration mods.

Plasma Caster: Cost: 100 energy. The ultimate, the plasma caster. Could work similar to Bladestorm, you cast it and let the gun do its work, inflicting a base 1,000 blast (or maybe radiation?) damage to each enemy, would be affected by strength and range mods. Alternatively, it could work like Mesa's Peacemaker, have a constant drain while active, and use the fire button to rapidly shoot down the opposition, would have the same damage numbers. I personally like the former possibility more, but really, if we got a Predator frame, I'd be happy with either!

Potential Alternative Powers: (not going to focus on cost and damage, as these are just alternatives)

Combi-Stick: A spear used as a thrown weapon, excelling in puncture damage, could gain innate punch-through at max rank.

Net Launcher: Launches a net that traps enemies (could take down up to 3-8 enemies at max) for a several seconds, dealing a small amount of slash damage for the duration of affect.

Mines: Mines placed by the player (3-5 in total could be placed at one time) would deal the same type of damage as the Plasma Caster, but more widespread (therefore dealing slightly less damage)

What do you think? Would you want this in Warframe? Did you even make it this far without shaking your head?

Eh....no offense but I don't think a blatant rip off would make it into the game.  Why not base it less on the movie Predator and more off of a mythological stalker/hunter?  I have noticed the significant trend of frames to relate to mythos figures.

Eh....no offense but I don't think a blatant rip off would make it into the game.  Why not base it less on the movie Predator and more off of a mythological stalker/hunter?  I have noticed the significant trend of frames to relate to mythos figures.

That's why I said: 

this probably could never happen. 

• 4 weeks later...