The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

@de About The Extermination Operation

TunaMayo

The original picture file has been leaked, we have people quoting and misquoting DESteve from council chat.

Can we get an official statement as to what the reward is, we know we cant craft it til update 8, and im not pressuring for a release date but it would be nice to know if we were close.

Next event, I will just kill 1 Fusion moa, and do what eve else I do;

What't the point? Soloing 15 waves on Europa repeatedly for a BP?

How disheartening to hear that two days of grinding just for a bp that can't be used untill a date that we don't even know when.

(Ofcourse, I still doubt that DE_Steve_ been the real Steve, but I get scolded by a bunch SMART council members for asking if he is real)

I think the reward is awesome but it does need components from update 8. If you think this is "grindception" it's a fair point. But this type of reward was originally going to be Platinum only! There is a wack of credits as well. In live stream we'll lay out some stats and give props to players and clans that rocked the Fusion Moas.

You don't need to be online to get reward. You just need to have killed at least one Fusion Moa.

Future goals may or may not be as grindy. Totally open to flames and feedback but don't lose sight of the high XP, credits and exclusivity of this reward. Future ones probably won't be as good, IMO.

Next event, I will just kill 1 Fusion moa, and do what eve else I do;

What't the point? Soloing 15 waves on Europa repeatedly for a BP?

How disheartening to hear that two days of grinding just for a bp that can't be used untill a date that we don't even know when.

(Ofcourse, I still doubt that DE_Steve_ been the real Steve, but I get scolded by a bunch SMART council members for asking if he is real)

Unfortunately I must agree with you. Might as well have given us something for the event and just released this frame later on, if its not gonna be available until later.

I'm sorry; I'm confused about the people upset over this.

We are still getting something private to us. Those who participated. Whether it comes in a day or a fortnight, how does that change anything, if it is set in stone via Operational success? 

I think the reward is awesome but it does need components from update 8. If you think this is "grindception" it's a fair point. But this type of reward was originally going to be Platinum only! There is a wack of credits as well. In live stream we'll lay out some stats and give props to players and clans that rocked the Fusion Moas.

You don't need to be online to get reward. You just need to have killed at least one Fusion Moa.

Future goals may or may not be as grindy. Totally open to flames and feedback but don't lose sight of the high XP, materials and exclusivity of this reward. Future ones probably won't be as good, IMO.

By all mean, you guys are the developer, you guys make the final decision.

I just hope you have empathy for players' feeling who grind hard, upon hearing this news.

Future goals may or may not be as grindy. Totally open to flames and feedback but don't lose sight of the high XP, credits and exclusivity of this reward. Future ones probably won't be as good, IMO.

Cheers for the swift reply and clearing some stuff up. I guess you still dont want to tell us what the reward is ;)

I have no issue with the event or reward or even the fact that it will only be craftable in update 8. I just wanted to squash some of the rumours that were sparking arguments.

But this type of reward was originally going to be Platinum only!

Why are you guys so nice?

In live stream we'll lay out some stats and give props to players and clans that rocked the Fusion Moas.

S#&$. I knew I shouldn't have studied! I should have concentrated on killing Fusion Moas.

By all mean, you guys are the developer, you guys make the final decision.

I just hope you have empathy for players' feeling who grind hard, upon hearing this news.

Empathy for sure... We honestly thought people would be overjoyed. So you can imagine we're disappointed with how some are reacting. A global goal, new enemy type, coded messages, event exclusive gear...

Empathy for sure... We honestly thought people would be overjoyed. So you can imagine we're disappointed with how some are reacting. A global goal, new enemy type, coded messages, event exclusive gear...

The event itself is a very nice change, even if the reward is being speculated upon with negative connotations.  It gives people a goal to help strive for, it provides purpose, as opposed to farming and leveling.

I have to say disappointed with each other is not a good start; and since you guys holds the power, do you guys want to up/change the reward to make the rest community happy, or just let it be?

Edited by JudgeN

I have to say disappointed with each other is not a good start; and since you guys holds the power, do you guys want to up/change the reward to make the rest community happy, or just let it be?

I think they have bent over backwards for and been berated by the community enough as it is. I say leave it.

Cheers for the swift reply and clearing some stuff up. I guess you still dont want to tell us what the reward is ;)

I have no issue with the event or reward or even the fact that it will only be craftable in update 8. I just wanted to squash some of the rumours that were sparking arguments.

These are forums. DE could send everyone a 1 oz gold bar in the mail, and people would complain.

Forum poster 1 - Friend got his gold today, I'm still waiting on mine. Way to make everyone feel equal DE.

Forum Poster 2 - 1 oz? pretty cheap DE. It's not like you couldn't afford to give everyone a pound. Greed much?

Forum Poster 3 - Those of us who have been here since cbt should get 2 oz. It's like a slap in the face to people who worked so hard for so long to help you make the game.

Forum poster 4 - Whats so special about an oz of gold? I have hundreds of them. It's like you are not even trying DE.

Forum poster 5 - What a bunch of ungrateful sots......(immediatly recieves 45 downvotes)

Forum poster 6 - I like boobies (immediatly recieves 56 upvotes)

Wow, finally an enemy that doesn't stunlock you 24/7 but eats your health & shield with a zerg swarm instead, heh.
Personally, I don't like events so I don't participate in them, I was grinding for new mods with my mates instead.
I hope to see complete overhaul of the melee animations & weapon sounds/models in the future.

Good luck, DE!

The only thing that bothered me about the event was the number of Fusion Moas, which was pretty low.

I did complain about the reward, since I'm not a big fan of frost, but I didn't realize (until after I read your message, until I saw your perspective), that I didn't express how much I appreciate you giving us a reward, especially something that was clearly meant to be something you could make money off.

I really do appreciate the reward, since it far exceeds my expectations. I appreciate the event itself too, it was a breath of fresh air that killed the monotony I was going to, added a bit of a story and with it some immersion in the Warframe universe.

I apologize for ever doubting you in the first place. You guys deserve all the praise you'll get (you'd better get it!). Thank you for everything.

Edited by Kohira

Will it come with a slot? Alot of us don't have a slot and we farmed all day long to be able to contribute to the %.

Time restrictions aren't good for this kind of thing. Rigging the progress bar to compensate for players not farming hard enough could be solved by... not, having, a timer?

The next time you want players to kill a certain mob (or simply do "X" for an event):

-No timer. When the players finish it, they get the reward.

-Have there be an immediate and obvious reward in addition to the final one, (e.g. make Fusion Moas drop Alloy Plate).

-Show live leaderboards for the players and clans that are performing best in the event, and offer them an additional reward.

-Have it be the first part of a two-part event, where the results of the first part influence the second, (e.g. "If you don't kill enough Fusion Moas, this secret Fusion Boss we made will be a lot harder!")

I'm not dissatisfied with the event, but the execution could be better. I'm sure the next one will be even better, right? :)

I'd say, overall, the event has been well-received. The coded messages were pretty universally regarded with intense interest, Fusion Moas are very well liked, and the idea of a global event system was generally applauded as a step towards greater gameplay diversity/endgame content. The concerns people have seem to be mainly in the specifics of the implementation, rather than the idea as a whole.

People's main problems seem to be not having a sense of their individual efforts in Moa-hunting contributing to the overall goal, the repetitive nature of what's needed to increase the overall percentage, and needing to wait beyond the point of the end of the event to actually work on getting whatever the prize is. Overall, I do think most of us are looking forward to the next event like this.