The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Brand New, Having Trouble Picking Main Frame

(XBOX)D34thst41ker

Question

Pretty much the title. I Initially chose Volt, and was doing alright with it. However, I was looking at the abilities of the different frames, and thought Mesa looked interesting, so I grabbed some Platinum and bought it outright. However, I'm finding that I'm dying a lot. I'm used to games where you have shields that recharge, but Mesa hardly has any shields, so I take a lot of health damage and then end up dead. I'm thinking something with a decent shield stat would be a good choice, but I'm not sure. My playstyle tends to be very aggressive, with little to no cover use. If I was describing it in terms of the Trinity roles (Tank, DPS, Healer), I'd be looking for a DPS/Tank Hybrid. I'm willing to adapt to whatever playstyle works best with whatever frame I go with; I just don't know what frame to actually go with. I'm wondering if I initially made the right choice with Volt, or if some other frame would suit me better.

Oh, and I'm not looking for a build to be handed to me; I'm just looking for some direction to help me find the frame that works best for how I play. All I'm really looking for is something like, "Try the X frame. From what you've said of how you play, it sounds like it would be a good fit for you."

Frost is pretty good at sitting in his bubble and picking at enemies. That's why the whole frosty pack bundle thing (I think it's called Stay Frosty) comes with the Latron. From what you say though, the Latron (single shot rifle) isn't your thang. I'd say go for the Soma, where headshots are encouraged but optional. For now, however, the Braton should be enough to get you through your first three mastery ranks or so. It's a pretty decent weapon, for all that it's not used widely (or at least, it used to be. I haven't used a vanilla Braton for many, many updates). Even so, it should be a good weapon.

Don't spoil yourself early on; not so long ago there was another who came into this subforum at Mastery Rank 2 having bought the Prime Access Pack and so having the Soma Prime as basically his/her only main weapon. Not that there's anything wrong with buying Prime Access, but as expected, the Soma Prime was blitzing through just about anything an MR2 could set eyes on, which is not the best thing. 

I don't know if you're in a clan, but I'm sure there's someone who'd be willing to let you drop by their dojo to buy blueprints to clannie weapons or frames, so if you've a hankering for that Zephyr, I'm sure you could get the blueprints without too much trouble.

Добрый день

подскажите пожалуйста что делать не могу разобраться.

купил стража за платину, в магазине пишут что нужны два свободных слота, у меня много свободных слотов, может я не туда смотрю???