The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Melee Weapon - Titan

matrixEXO

"The Titan Gauntlets are foregone Tenno weaponry that are designed initially as rocket boots. Utilizing their unique thrusters, a punch from the Titan can launch an enemy far and causing collateral damage."

Type: Heavy/Gauntlets

Base Damage: 45

Attack Speed: 0.8 attacks per second.

Accuracy: 100

Charge Damage: 200

Charge Time: 2.5s

Crit Chance: 5%

Crit Damage: +50%

Unique: Charged attacks will knock the targeted opponent backwards up to 15m, dealing additional 100 blunt damage onto the targeted opponent and onto any enemy unit the targeted opponent contacts with. Enemy units that touches the targeted opponent will be knocked down but each reduces knockback distance by 5m.

Design looks: It's an arm gauntlet, being about 2x the girth of an Excalibur's arm. Charging will pull the hand back, followed by a thruster igniting from the elbow-end of the arm gauntlet and then a very fast thrust. The thrust has a dashing effect of up to 3m, where each 0.1m traveled reduces the knockback effect by 0.3m. Reducing the charge time speeds up the pull-back animation of the hand but does not speeds up the thruster ignition time, which is at 1.0s.

What do you guys think?

Edited by matrixEXO

Will the weapon also lunch you forward or not? I'd like to see a small "charge" effect/movement on the charge attack as well as, perhaps, the normal strikes - they'd compensate for being awfully slow.

Now that you mention it, it should! Gonna write it in. The charge is gonna be small though and how far you charge will affect the distance the enemy travels (inversely proportional).

Edited by matrixEXO

Quite an interesting idea for Heavy gauntlets and I like that mechanic. +1

Thanks! I wanted to suggest unique mechanics for weapons rather than just weapons with different stats because it turns into a boring statistical comparison only.

Now that you mention it, it should! Gonna write it in. The charge is gonna be small though and how far you charge will affect the distance the enemy travels (inversely proportional).

Yay! :D

I honestly thought that every standard punch will have a short charge, compared to the charged attack (which may lunge you forward quite a bit... I don't know, even a few metres?). It'd be fun because it's be harder to master, but if you do it right your enemies won't know what hit them.

Also: Will they ignore armour, at least to some extent?

Being gauntlets, I suppose they'll be near useless against the Infested, but more powerful towards Corpus and Grineer. Am I right?

Yay! :D

I honestly thought that every standard punch will have a short charge, compared to the charged attack (which may lunge you forward quite a bit... I don't know, even a few metres?). It'd be fun because it's be harder to master, but if you do it right your enemies won't know what hit them.

Also: Will they ignore armour, at least to some extent?

Being gauntlets, I suppose they'll be near useless against the Infested, but more powerful towards Corpus and Grineer. Am I right?

Charged attack, yes. Other than that, it's more of a regular singular attack.

Basic attacks will still be normal fisticuffs because it's not supposed to be such a unique weapon till it affects the regular attacks.

Yes, it's gonna be more useful on Corpus and Grineer than Infested but because of the knockback effect, it can still have some effect onto Infested, applying decent damage and possibly stopping some enemies from gaining distance to you.

Edited by matrixEXO

Charged attack, yes. Other than that, it's more of a regular singular attack.

Basic attacks will still be normal fisticuffs because it's not supposed to be such a unique weapon till it affects the regular attacks.

Yes, it's gonna be more useful on Corpus and Grineer than Infested but because of the knockback effect, it can still have some effects onto Infested.

I get it. Still, people will rather take Dual Ethers or Scindos (because of the extra damage) in infested fights. :P

This reminds me a lot of ME3's Batarian Enforcement Gauntlets, only rocket-powered instead of Eezo-powered.

I approve of this only if a sufficiently overkilling blow punches a hole through the target before sending them flying.

A slide attack should do the same as a charged attack, as well, only vertical.

so if the physics are real enough... and my calculations asssume the gauntlet is attached to his arm....... Then wouldnt that much force rip his arm off at his shoulder?  Been running simulations... quite the funny outcomes. im sure the armor they wear is sufficient... i think?

so if the physics are real enough... and my calculations asssume the gauntlet is attached to his arm....... Then wouldnt that much force rip his arm off at his shoulder?  Been running simulations... quite the funny outcomes. im sure the armor they wear is sufficient... i think?

Well, it's sufficient enough to drop from any height with no damage.

WOW! Someone is running sims onto real life humans. With no special suits.

Anyway, if it were the matter of real life, then yes. It would just rip his whole shoulder off his arm. But we are talking space suits designed in the future for high performance and combat usage.

Edited by matrixEXO