Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Kabel, Stellar Warframe.

Kanabo

Hi there, Warframe community.

This is my first attemp at making a warframe concept, and as most of you would know, it’s easy to let imagination run rampant, leaving behind a trail of broken stats and abilities in our relentless search for a cool design.

I tried (it is up to you to decide if i succeeded) to keep stats and abilities balanced, taking various elements from existing warframes, particularly taking into account ability stats (damage, duration, range, etc.) and the way they can affect enemies and allies, and how they influence the battlefield.

In the words to follow you’ll find first an overview of the concept and his abilities (wiki style), then some clarification regarding various aspects of individual abilities, and finally a little lore about the warframe.

It is my hope that you really like the following concept, but at the same time that you take distance and look at it critically, subject it to the severe scrutiny of a gamer’s point of view and make this concept yours as well, suggesting tweaks and changes to improve it, telling me what can be added or what to vanish to the Void, and then who knows, maybe we all might be the creators of the next “long awaited Warframe”.

Regards

Kanabo.

P.S.: Please forgive any writing error, english is not my first language.

Kabel (from Qalb al-Asad > Kabelaced, the star we know today as Regulus)

Stellar warframe

Stats

Health:             100 (300 at rank 30)

Shields:           150 (450 at rank 30)

Armor:              35

Power:             100 (150 at rank 30)

Sprint speed:  0.95

Polarities:       1x V

1x

Aura polarity:               

Abilities:

1.- Starspot: A powerful magnetic field envelopes the target, attracting a blinding amount of photons and dangerously overheating it.

Kabel blinds an enemy target within 20/40/50/60 meters for a duration of 5/8/12/15 seconds, inhibiting all light from reflecting from it, dealing 150/225/275/350 magnetic damage. Target radiates 8/10/12/14 heat damage per second in a 6/8/10/12 meter radius for the duration of the effect.

2.- Stellar Flare: Kabel sends forth a superheated stream of plasma, dealing heavy damage and disrupting electronics.

Kabel sends forward a wave of plasma that inflicts 250/300/400/550 heat damage in and area 12/14/18/26 meters long and 1/1.5/2/2.5 meters wide, with a 75% chance of radiation proc against organic enemies and 100% chance of impact proc against mechanical units.

3.- Stellar wind: Releasing a wave of energizing particles, Kabel increases the attack speed and fire rate of his allies and supercharges their shields.

Kabel releases part of his stored energy as an expanding wave of charged particles to increase melee attack speed and fire rate of his allies in 10%/15%/25%/50% for 5/7/10/15 seconds. Allies’ shields are restored in 100/200/350/500 units or gain the same amount in overshields if already fully charged. The wave starts at Kabel casting position, expanding at a speed of 6 meters per second for 3/4/6/9 seconds.

4.- Hypernova: Opening an unstable portal to the Void, Kabel draws matter from it’s dark and abhorrent stars and compresses it to the point of stellar collapse, unleashing a fiery flash of destruction.

Drawing mass from the strange stars from the Void, Kabel creates an extremely dense sphere of stellar fuel that pulls enemies towards it in a 10/12/15/20 meter radius, inflicting 75/100/150/200 magnetic damage, and then collpases it into a miniature hypernova, dealing 225-225/350-350/475-475/600-600 heat and radiaton damage over a 12/15/20/25 meter radius. Affected enemies that survive the initial explosion are blinded for 1/2/3/4 seconds.

Abilities: Some details.

1.- Starspot: Casting animation similar to Mag’s Bullet attractor, casting time short as any first ability. As for the appearance, the target turns black, like a “Shadows of the dead” copy,with an Arson eximus aura of the energy colour used by the player. The target is only affected by the magnetic damage, heat damage is inflicted only to nearby enemies. Humming sound emanating from the target.

2.- Stellar flare: Casting time and animation similar to Frost’s Ice wave. The appearance i have in mind is very similar to the cosmetic swarms we can see in infested maps, but denser and in the energy colour used by the player, lots of particles. Medium intensity roaring sound.

3.- Stellar wind: Casting time and animation similar to Volt’s Overload. The appearance can be a bubble of particles expanding outwards from the player, leaving some small spiral trails, matching energy colour. Sounds like... wind, dragging sand all over a big stone hall.

4.- Hypernova: Casting time same as Nekros’ Shadows of the dead, the animation i have in mind is similar to the “mǎbù” (Horse stance) used in martial arts, the arms start extended outwards then slowly move to the center like catching a beachball (in slow motion), and the warframe starts to compress that beachball until it’s completely crushed. Now replace the beachball with a floating black sphere surrounded with small solar flares, energy colour matching the player’s. As for the explosion, the graphics from Rhino’s Iron shrapnel would be perfect, on a grand scale. The sound i have in mind is the sound of the seismic charges dropped by Jango Fett’s ship in Attack of the Clones.

Lore: A codex entry

The Void, the blinding night. At first we only saw the darkness, the wretched emptiness of a place where no intruders had set foot before. But that blinding night was not devoid of stars, it was impossibly full of them: dark, abhorrent, silently exerting their forces upon our ships and upon our very essence, twisted versions of the laws and boundaries that gave order to the universe we left behind, an universe that rejected our new, afflicted form.

We drifted, each of us alone, but with one voice as we plunged to the black titan that warped our ship into impossible shapes, our bodies torn to filaments of despair, only to be tangled, intertwined into a single chain of suffering... and then our minds were softly merged, synchronized, our deformed thoughts could now grasp the purpose and the inner workings of the titan’s strength, and we took it for ourselves.

Now we drift...alone...together...one.

Recorded from a Void echo signal near the wreck site of the long lost Tenno explorer ship “Erebus”, one of the first to enter the Void.

Edited by Kanabo