Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea: Token System To Save Up For Rewards Such As Artifacts/blueprints

Unknown924

This is an idea I have to let people work towards artifacts/blueprints while keeping the current alert system in place.

The idea: have first wins of the day and non-"?" alerts give a token. Those tokens can be saved up and turned in for rewards, such as a random artifact/blueprint.

Initial reward ideas                               Tokens required
Another login reward spin                             1
Random rare resource                                  1-2

Specific rare resource                                   5-10
Random artifact/blueprint                              10
Random artifact                                             15-20 + 1 per artifact you already have for non-duplicate
Random blueprint                                          15-20 + 1 per unique bluprint/item you already have for non-duplicate
Single random color(not entire pallete)          10      + 1 per color previously unlocked with tokens
Reactor blueprint                                           100+  + 10-20 per reactor or catalyst previously bought with tokens
Catalyst blueprint                                           100+  + 10-20 per catalyst or reactor previously bought with tokens

The artifact/blueprint reward options could give you only items you don't have(in the case of the blueprints it would also check items you have built) or there could be an addition token cost to ensure not getting a duplicate.

Thoughts?

EDIT: increased prices based on feedback(I forgot how common non-? alerts were)

Also, a new thought: there could be alerts that give more tokens instead of credits. 

Plus if we get more operations there could some for just tokens as a reward.  There could be a daily operation with a 5-10 token reward.  Of course this would mean reward prices would need to be even higher since it would be easier to get tokens.  Say double price for almost everything if we get daily operations with token rewards.

EDIT2: adjusted cost of getting non-duplicates to make it harder.  Also added increasing cost of reactor/catalyst and colors.

The reason behind the increasing price is to give people an incentive to spend money on colors/potatos.  It also works as a sample system so people can experience what they are missing.

Edited by Unknown924

Pretty good idea. It lets the player feel like they're at least getting something, even if its just a token, rather than nothing when they lose to the rng. Also gives the ability to make a slow progress towards a goal rather than no progress at all. Seems like it would fit well as an addition to the current system which feels rather broken atm.

This system that you sugest  will make it so that players will have the chance to get everything at their own pace ... i missed that awesome glaive alert ? no problem i just need 3 more tokens and i'll get it ..

The way it is implemented at the moment is in a specific way to make players check constantly for the twitter info ...

All about marketing ...

log in every day or you lose the chance for that awesome potato ... don't miss eny alert ... devious and planed ... it cannot change :D

that would make it too easy to get potato bps and devalue its worth. IF everyone had supercharged weapons/frames, then DE might as well make 60 mod slot points the standard for everything. if someone did non-? alerts all day, he'd probably get enough for one in 2 days or less. I'd suggest only 1 token for first mission completion of the day or log-in token reward (non-random). At least you'll get 1 token a day and you'll have enough for at least 1 potato bp a month. Either that or stick with your suggestions but raise the token prices by a large amount (like 3x). But I do like your idea, its seems more fair as opposed to relying on RNG all the time

that would make it too easy to get potato bps and devalue its worth. IF everyone had supercharged weapons/frames, then DE might as well make 60 mod slot points the standard for everything. if someone did non-? alerts all day, he'd probably get enough for one in 2 days or less. I'd suggest only 1 token for first mission completion of the day or log-in token reward (non-random). At least you'll get 1 token a day and you'll have enough for at least 1 potato bp a month. Either that or stick with your suggestions but raise the token prices by a large amount (like 3x). But I do like your idea, its seems more fair as opposed to relying on RNG all the time

The potato is a blantent grab at money for the devs.  Seriously, it is the one and only pay to win aspect of this game.  Without a potato, you have effectively cut your Warframes abilies in half not to mention your weapons. 

Sure you can get a BP drop but I have about 120 hours of game play in and guess how many Potato BP drops I have seen?  ZERO!!!

However, I have 5 Frames and about a dozen weapons that need one to be fully effective.  Guess where I am going to get them....CASH SHOP at 20 plat a piece.

To avoid this pay-to-win situation, there has to be a semi-reasonable means to get ALL items, especially necessary ones like Potatos without resorting to a cash shop.  Having the BP drop so rarely and being only single use is not a fix for this.

Using tokens to farm a single Potato in 2 days of constant grinding is actually too slow because for casual gamers, it would take a month or more to get one. 

Updated based on feedback.  While I would like to have a fixed price for a potato, I think an increasing price would make DE more willing to consider the idea of tokens.

If the increasing price idea is used, the initial potato price could actually be much lower to let casuals get a few easily.  The perfect solution though would a fixed price that balances cost vs time to get it.