Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Content, Content, Content

Emotitron

That is my suggestion. I have only really played this game for like 2 weeks and I already have maxed out frames and maxed out guns with maxed out mods. I can solo'd almost all of the bosses, have seen all of the base designs and enemy types. What is going to make or break this game in the long run is its ability to keep manufacturing game content.

Some things I would recommend having reached what seems to be the cap:

1. Randomized mini-bosses
Sort of like how in Diablo while crawling dungeons you would run into elite dudes with their minions. They wouldn't require much programming as they would be the same as the regular mobs... only a little bigger, a better paintjob, more hitpoints and higher dps output.

2. More interesting loot
A risk to all dungeoun crawlers is letting the loot tables get littered up with a lot of stuff that is all just kind of the same with slightly different stats. The mod system is an interesting break from the +1 to X stuff typically found in crawlers. Given that the gameplay is basically Mass Effect meets Borderlands meets Diablo - drops along those lines would be nice. Weapon accessories for example (alternate gunsights/zooms/stabilizers). I realize these kinds of mods can be tricky since the game designers chose to not look down the sights on weapons and keep things 3rd person instead. Rethinking that might be in order. Right mouse jumping from 3rd person to sights would open a lot of possibilities. I should also mention that the default white reticle is terrible on the outdoor maps.

3. More actual bosses
If enemy AI is designed as a collection of tactics and weapon loadouts, there is no reason with some slick programming you can't make some random bosses that are different every time. Also, there seems to be a hard rule in gaming that boss fights always consist of 1 boss at a time. Why not make boss fights with more than one boss working together? Like one Melee and his buddy sniping? All of these weapons we are collecting and building aren't much fun without something challenging to shoot at. It may be a while before complex WoW style engagements will be created, but in the meantime continual boss fight upgrades are a must for the game to have legs.

4. Make mission failure more common
Always winning gets boring. Sometimes we need our asses handed to us by something that requires we coordinate better and upgrade better. My ability to slash dash my way out of just about any bind while fun in the moment, does kind of dilute the content. I would love to see mobs added that are the nemesis of each class.

5. User-generated content
I know this one is already being discussed, but I would add along with that that user-generated AI scripts would be huge too. I would love to see the enemy actually pull off real ambushes and sneak attacks. If you can find a way to manage the chaos that player gen content introduces to games, the rewards can be huge - so good on you guys for wanting to explore that path.

6. Bravo for not going PVP
PVP is oversaturated, brings out the worst in people, and requires so much energy be spent on balancing that game content suffers. If people want to PvP, there are plenty of options on the market right now. This game is free to be as unbalanced and sandboxie as it wishes since something being OP won't break the game.

7. Find a way to scale indefinitely
Right now once you hit the hard cap of 30 on a weapon or frame, and max out your mods, you are pretty much done. All you can do is start another warframe, which doesn't offer THAT much change in gameplay. All frames shoot the same guns (which is what we spend 75-90% of our time doing). Having found the cap for this game in 2 weeks seems problematic for the longevity of the game? The only open ended scenerio I have found is the endless wave missions, but those jump from too easy to too impossible so quickly they aren't all that viable as endgame. The mod cards hint to this and are a great idea. It becomes exponentially harder/costlier to upgrade things. I would recommend actually removing the fusion cap on many cards as scaling content is added. Adding some missions that scale to player level can give players something to do while waiting for real content.

8. Most of all keep adding new stuff to shoot, and new environments to crawl
The single biggest thing that will make or break this game will be the ability to access fresh content. Grinding/farming... bad. New things to kill and places to see... good. New weapons always coming online are fine (I suspect they are one of the main money makers for the game), but game content has to keep coming faster to inspire people to want the new guns.

I am new to the forums, so I suspect much of this has already been covered by others - but as my first contribution to what looks like a solid platform for an open-ended sci-fi dungeoun crawl - there you have it.