The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Could We Get A Nerf To Disruptors?

Zephyrine

I mean. I get the idea of them and there's certainly room for an enemy like that. But currently it's just "poke" all shields and energy gone in an instant.

There's no middle ground. Like an over time drain for being near them.

This combined with the fact that the Tenno has no natural energy regeneration means that tenno that use power as their main attack are neutralized instantly.

It's like if an enemy drained all your ammo in a single hit.

The whole point of Ancients is to promote co-op. Its incredibly easy for one person to be overrun by a couple ancients, so you stick with your teammates to stay alive.

That's not even a good idea in theory. The rushers just run past them and the ancients then bunch up and wait for the rest of the group.

The whole point of Ancients is to promote co-op. Its incredibly easy for one person to be overrun by a couple ancients, so you stick with your teammates to stay alive.

Also, due to my college firewall, I can't go on multiplayer (seeing how fast college it, this will probs apply for a while longer).

I honestly would never remove disruptors, but all of your shields AND energy is a little bit too much.

The only nerf i could think of is that Disruptors drain Half the Energy you currently have. If you have stored much.. you lose much.. if you have low energy it drains not much.. maybe you can even cast a low lvl skill after being hit.

Imho the complete shield drain should stay.

This combined with the fact that the Tenno has no natural energy regeneration means that tenno that use power as their main attack are neutralized instantly.

It's like if an enemy drained all your ammo in a single hit.

I'm just going to point out that this particular bit of reasoning is faulty.  There are no gun-based frames at the moment.  All frames who are stripped of their powers are down to weapon use, and all frames have access to the same weapons.  Even the melee amplifying frames lose that ability without energy.  

This doesn't mean your entire sentiment (that you think disruptors are too powerful) is invalid.  Just that they don't have an outsized impact on power-based frames, since all the frames are power-based frames.  

Keep them how they are.  I don't want to be spoon-fed loot.  Haven't we had enough of that with other games?  Challenges keep people playing....this isn't the special olympics where you get a ribbon for showing up..heres loot...go home.  I played enough Blizzard games to realize that those who need nerfs to play SHOULDN'T BE PLAYING.   Omg to hard I can't figure out how to run and gun or swing a sword....nerf for 1 button please thx bia.

Personally id like them to drain a particular amount of energy and shield. Maybe even drain all the shield but just suck 25 power per hit.

On the other hand iam a rank 7 for some time now and "lol" about every enemy that crosses my way.

Kinda the only thing they got going for them; Toxics can bypass shields and Healing Ancients survive with a meat sheild of regenerating allies. All three simply have different ways of making you dead and the Ancient Disruptor is the 1v1, screw-your-shields-and-energy-you-little-baby man in the infested.

Keep them how they are.  I don't want to be spoon-fed loot.  Haven't we had enough of that with other games?  Challenges keep people playing....this isn't the special olympics where you get a ribbon for showing up..heres loot...go home.  I played enough Blizzard games to realize that those who need nerfs to play SHOULDN'T BE PLAYING.   Omg to hard I can't figure out how to run and gun or swing a sword....nerf for 1 button please thx bia.

You're absolutely right there. How dare casual players try to play a casual game? And clearly the game balance is designed perfectly from the start, no tweaking required, because the devs obviously can predict exactly how everything interacts.

Please - NERF NOTHING. Too many games have been ruined by people turning challenges into pudding!

Well I'm sure you'd enjoy the game even more if we made Disruptors instakill you with no reviving. Would be a nice challenge eh?

Could they drain the host in one hit? People like me have latency that works like this:

Local computer: Dodged that disrupter! killed its toxic brother and I'm picking up this energy orb. determined-serious-chiseled-not-okay.png

Host computer: NOPE! pew! There goes your energy and shields! laughing-lol-crazy.png

ME: rage-mega-rage.png

If disruptors were to be nerfed in any way it would make it way too easy. If you have a not so brain dead team, disruptors are pretty easy to break through on higher level missions. I understand you can't play online but the game is meant to be have some type of challenge requiring a team not solo tank and spank. As for the casual players remark from PaperAlien, just because you want to casually play this game does not suffice making the game any easier for a few that want to be spoon-fed loot and experience because of lack of wanting to actually get better at the game. If you want to play the game casually that's fine go play lower level areas thats what they're there for but for the hardcore gamers that actually want to play a game with a challenge we'll stick to the higher level areas and enjoy the difficulties from it.

If disruptors were to be nerfed in any way it would make it way too easy. If you have a not so brain dead team, disruptors are pretty easy to break through on higher level missions. I understand you can't play online but the game is meant to be have some type of challenge requiring a team not solo tank and spank. As for the casual players remark from PaperAlien, just because you want to casually play this game does not suffice making the game any easier for a few that want to be spoon-fed loot and experience because of lack of wanting to actually get better at the game. If you want to play the game casually that's fine go play lower level areas thats what they're there for but for the hardcore gamers that actually want to play a game with a challenge we'll stick to the higher level areas and enjoy the difficulties from it.

Because it's not like the infested have any other methods of attacking us, right? If the difficulty of an entire faction rests on one enemy, that's rather bad design. And it isn't, anyway. The thing with Disruptors is that the are indeed fairly easy to deal with. It's just that on the offchance that you do get hit once, you lose way too much. Annoying=/= difficulty/challenging. There are better ways to make a game challenging.

Personally I would like them nerfed slightly in solo mode, to drain a portion of energy instead all of it. In multiplayer this is much less of an issue as there are more players to deal with them, so in multiplayer they could still behave as they currently do. But when you are in a solo game and you get jumped by a Disruptor and a bunch of others, you are dead. 

It is almost as effective as a Nervos in solo mode in taking out a single player.

"What is a Nervos?" you may ask. Well this is what it was. http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Nervos

It has been disabled until they have been balanced.

Ninja gaiden players would laugh at this thread :( @ any rate, the penetrating tentacle should provide clearer visual and audio cues for players to react to. DE should furthermore promote, emphasise use of and expand on the functionality of block and the dodge-roll

Because it's not like the infested have any other methods of attacking us, right? If the difficulty of an entire faction rests on one enemy, that's rather bad design. And it isn't, anyway. The thing with Disruptors is that the are indeed fairly easy to deal with. It's just that on the offchance that you do get hit once, you lose way too much. Annoying=/= difficulty/challenging. There are better ways to make a game challenging.

I understand that but I guess I'm not being clear enough.  My point is "nerfing" wouldn't do anything but making it easier which ruins the whole point of a challenge.I am totally open to working upon the infested as a whole and working more to diversify Disruptors but nerfing them isn't going to fix anything. If anything it'll be like every other mmo where people ask for nerfs and once they find out how to clear mobs efficiently they start saying that it's too easy. Instead of going straight to a nerf, why not work upon an already existing mechanic? I'm sorry if I'm being confusing to others but by my understanding "nerf" means to weaken or lower somethings capabilities.

I used to hate disruptors, but I learned their effective range eventually.  Ice element makes them useless, although ice element kind of wrecks the infested entirely.  The only time it's really frustrating is if you get confined with more than one in close quarters, although then if you're using dual ethers it's still pretty easy. 

I wouldn't want them just nerfed with no other changes.  I am also interested in a general reworking of infested.  They feel incredibly difficult for a newer player, but then incredibly simple for a well geared player.  They just don't scale well.

I mean. I get the idea of them and there's certainly room for an enemy like that. But currently it's just "poke" all shields and energy gone in an instant.

Well yeah, lets nerf them completely.....it's terrible having an enemy that can actually hurt you. In fact we could nerf a lot of the enemies to bring them more in line with https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR0u4n9nh37oCCaysNBsowgEqyME-mXvdt_3uQ2AUG_bbNSanPi

Yup a lot of our enemies are just too darn powerful. I'm all for also bringing in the IDKFA command for warframes, used when things get difficult.

Edited by DaveC

I understand that but I guess I'm not being clear enough.  My point is "nerfing" wouldn't do anything but making it easier which ruins the whole point of a challenge.I am totally open to working upon the infested as a whole and working more to diversify Disruptors but nerfing them isn't going to fix anything. If anything it'll be like every other mmo where people ask for nerfs and once they find out how to clear mobs efficiently they start saying that it's too easy. Instead of going straight to a nerf, why not work upon an already existing mechanic? I'm sorry if I'm being confusing to others but by my understanding "nerf" means to weaken or lower somethings capabilities.

A nerf does not neccesarily mean an overall nerf. It can be nerfing one aspect of something. Here, nerfing the energy drain to a more reasonable amount that doesn't prompt people to dump all their energy at the sight of a Disruptor. Something else could be improved, either something about Disruptors or other infestation mobs so that the faction itself still maintains challenge. The problem is that we've already figured out the way to clear disruptors easily, but it doesn't make them any less annoying when one gets lucky and zaps someone.

It's like the Geth in ME3. People figured out a way to completely destroy them by exploiting their lack of coverbusting mechanics. The buffs they recieved to counteract this did nothing to add to challenge, it just made them incredibly frustrating to play against unless you bunkered down, which people continued to do, except that every now and then someone gets downed by some incredibly cheap trick usually involving stunlock.

They are one of the only enemies that actually pose a threat late game.

When I see one it is priority 1 to kill it.

When they do hit me, the $%^& hits the fan and it is do or die time and a challenge to survive.

I like this challenge.