The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Loading Issues

Z0simus

This has been somewhat of an ongoing issue for a while (I would say since U14 and up when the liset was introduced and everything but it has gotten worst with U15 and so on.)

So I figured i would post what I know about it so maybe it can be resolved.

First of all, here's my Rig just so people know that it's not an hardware related Issue (at least I did not have Issues before with the same rig):

- Operating System: Windows 7 Professionnel 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1

- Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0
- Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Processor (6 CPUs), ~3.5GHz (3.8GHz Turbo)
- Memory: 16384MB RAM
- DirectX Version: DirectX 11

- 2 x MSI R6850 Cyclone OC (Crossfire X) (I'm using the latest beta drivers from AMD)

- Main Drive: Corsair Force GT 256GB SSD

So as you guys can see it's not top of the line but it's not bad either.

Lately I've been having 2 Issues with loading the game :

1. Almost everytime I launch the game for the first time of the day it freezes at the loading screen and remain stuck there. (I've waited for quite a while and it just wont load, in order to fix this, I have to stop the game and start it again (sometimes several times) in order for it to boot correctly.)

2. Loading between Missions has gotten much longer than it used to be (I was usually always one of the first to finish loading and lately I'm pretty much always the last.)

(Changing my antivirus for something else really helped with the 2nd part of the problem it now loads normally but it's still kind of slow.)

I was browsing around the forum the other day and someone recomanded deactivating DX11 in the launcher. So I did just that and it really helped, (By really helped I mean the game loading has been blazing fast for me in DX10, pretty much as fast as it used to load before.)  The boot bug (1) was also resolved while I was using DX10.

The thing is, I really like to be able to play my games with the best settings and since there is not teslation in DX10 I feel like I'm missing some of the goodies (graphics wise)

It really seem to be boiling down to the game being really badly optimised for DX11 perhaps it would be worth looking into that ?