Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Market And Alert Mission Feedback + Blueprint Reworks

Cwierz

Starting right off the bat there is something that I feel should be done with warframe. Make all blueprints (excluding chassis  helmet, skins, and systems) purchasable from the marketplace and remove gimmick weapons or ones that are straight downgrades from others (looking at you dark dagger).  This would make it easier for new and old players to get new weapons faster, and other such things.

The second feedback I have is that you wouldn't have to get rid of alert blueprints, you could make them more efficent, cost less resources, or less money, or even remove/shorten build times. 

In order to compensate for platinum loss because of lost money due to reactor and weapon purchases you could make blue prints for potatoes and weapons like the glaive cost more than the others so people would still have to work for them. I personally do not like the RNG based alert system giving out exclusive blueprints at the end of missions. 

A couple other nitpick things, 

-make the three day wait for frames shorter, that S#&$ is too long

-infested bodies should disintegrate when killed so that there is less clutter on the screen

-sentinels need more mods

-lower the costs for mastery ranks(not by much but around 6000 less until level 4)

-why do we have to craft 2 weapons together with an orokin cell and pay more money to get them >.<

-possibly make warframe/weapon slots buyable with mastery ranks?

-lower platinum prices to impulse buying category (possibly more sales, I don't know much about economics)

-add loki prime (I would use it even though I didn't start with loki, my second choice of warframe after mag)

-add resources requirements for blueprints on the market page thingys

-replace shield polarize with a push crowd control ability on mag

Oh yeah one last thing-(twice)

replace shield polarize with a push crowd control ability on mag

Right now, those gimmick weapons are purely collectible, however at some point in the future they could be the recipients of upgrades or some sort of unique flair.  DE isn't a massive company with thousands of monkey's hammering on keyboards. (Though do beware DE_Steve.  He wields a Black & Decker at that QWERTY.)  They have limited resources and are devoting them as their goals and our feedback align.  Those weapons are functional with no game breaking bugs, and at one point had unique mechanics to them.  Maybe in the future, they'll exist as such once again.  Frankly, I'd rather things like Dark Dagger, Jaw Sword, Dark Sword etc. just get completely renovated and turned into skins for existing weapons.  For the moment, they are in limbo, but that's okay because it gives you time to collect them.  Its not really so bad.

I can understand not liking the Alert system for blueprints, but we have to try and remember the fact that DE isn't a charity.  They are a game studio, a developer that have put out a very sweet game and ask only for an occasional pittance from you and everyone else who plays.  They aren't even demanding it.  All they are offering is convenience in exchange for money, the very same thing most convenience stores do.  Maybe if we'd all payed to play this game upfront, these issues could be considered problematic (and rightfully so), but its Free to Play and enjoy.  Honestly, DE could be a great deal more draconian and they'd still be better than some of their F2P competitors.

However, in the spirit of compromise, I could agree to making some of the rare weapon blueprints available at a future date from random elite enemy encounters.  Perhaps adding a random super enemy during normal missions that is guaranteed to drop a mod and a better than average chance to drop a rare mod or rare blueprint.  Something akin to the Stalker, or including the Stalker.  It would still be RNG, but it still increases the odds, especially when running with four players since Stalkers can appear in any mission and attack any player.  There can even be two in the same mission, though apparently not at the same time.

The only issue with Infested bodies dissolving is that those bodies are part of balancing for the Infected.  Many times I'll gun down a pair of runners and the rest of my shots will be wasted until the next Infested moves thru those bodies toward you.  Sort of the notion of 'throwing bodies' at the enemy, which is what Infested do.  Only their corpses are even a problem.  Other than that, I support any optional changes which support and improve performance for lower end machines.

I can agree about Sentinel Mods, but they are probably coming.  We're in Open Beta, Sentinels are fairly new.  I'd expect more mods for them in the future.  As with above, limited resources and such.

Mastery is an iffy mechanic right now, I'd agree.  Its very awesome, the feel of it is nifty, but it needs to matter a bit more.  Currently its a poor excuse to allow power creep.  I'm sure DE will get around to making it better.  Though the required work to get it leveled doesn't feel particularly tough to me.  There's plenty of weapons purchasable with credits that will get you to the goal.

I'm not actually bothered by the Akimbo bit because making them isn't an especially nasty process.  Since the credit payout increase, the only part you might have to worry about is Orokin Cells.  They seem to drop quite often from bosses (I've built all the Akimbo weapons from blueprints and I've still got like 15 of them sitting around).  Requiring two of the weapons to make it just makes sense.  What I could agree to, however, is a time required reduction on the Akimbo blueprints.  You've already got to wait 24 hours minimum.

I don't have a big problem with warframe/inventory slots being platinum based.  Even though I've got that 'Master' tag over there, I'm not really spending platinum.  I've only spent it on Inventory slots, Warframe slots, and potatoes because I don't feel like waiting for the Alerts.  Also because each of those items is 25 plat or less.  I am considering buying the Sentinels for 75 plat, but I'm not sure.  I'm sitting on quite a bit of credits currently from alloy plate drop rates not being very kind.

I agree on broader sales.  Right now, its like one item or something per sale, and the sale seems to last forever for just that one item.  I could definitely get behind multiple items sales.  Though I think such sales will expand as the armory expands.

Everyone probably wants a Prime of their favored frame.  If the community goals start a trend, I'll bet we'll see Prime versions of every warframe and every weapon eventually.  I have no honest opinion on this, frankly.

Agreed on the Resource Requirements in the Market.  However, there is a Warframe wiki you can look this information up at, as info.

Ahh.  Mag.  Yeah.  Alot of warframes are in need of a once over with their powers.  However, I'll probably discuss this in the Warframe Feedback section.

Anyway, my $.02.

Being able to buy everything in the shops would be worthless, it would turn this game into a pay2win. 

Pay2Win from free methods... ohkay. You might want to reread that particular area. I was saying buyable by CREDITS, no plat. I would agree with you however if I had said platinum