The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You Did The Glaive Right - And Some Suggestions

Tesseract_The_Pariah

Reasoning:
1.  You can get the Glaive for free.  Its hard, but that's OK, because

2.  The Glaive is an amazing weapon in every respect; appearance, function, ninja factor.

3.  The Glaive is only made more amazing by the fact that it is hard to get.  It just wouldn't be as cool if everyone and their mom can get it.  This means that

4.  The Glaive has showoff value because of 1-3, doubly so if you crafted it yourself, like me. 

5.  Part of the Charm of the Glaive is that not everyone has it!  If everyone had it, it wouldn't be cool.,

(redundant, I know)

Now for suggestions.

1. Glaive Prime skin/variant.

2. Glaive mods that allow it to bounce and track enemies.

You are inviting the hate by most of your post bragging how you have it and it's rare so that's good that not many people have it and they can envy you. Be careful next time you post something like that unless you want a flame war.

EDIT: I think it would be nice to have a new skin for it. But it would be hard since the Glaive has moving parts, they would somehow have to animate an entirely new model for it instead of just switch a few polygons about.

Edited by VanillaRegal

This.

Would you be proud if you won a lottery? Not happy, but proud.

It's not at all like the lottery.

It's a matter of time!

Use warframe alerts on twitter and just hop on(if you can) and get it. It'll tell you what the award is. When I saw the glaive pop up I dropped GMT and got on warframe!

(Longest crafting time In my life btw)

And I'm simply proud of the weapon! It's a cool weapon. That's why I wrote a short story about it Xp

Making the glaive Bp only wasn't a bad thing, and neither was putting it in the shop. They have to make money somehow, and we're lucky that we can even get it via Bp. Shows how awesome these Devs are, compared to other f2p games.

And sorry if I was acting elitist earlier. I didn't intend that. Social awkwardness ahoy! That, and exhaustion from sitting on my arse all day.

It's not at all like the lottery.

It's a matter of time!

Doesn't this make it just like the lottery? After all, if you keep buying tickets, you'll eventually win, right? This is a less extreme version of that (as in, you might actually win some day). Most people don't spend all day on a computer, they can't just open warframe the moment they see the alert on twitter.

Do you know why I'm angry about the glaive? It isn't because it's a cool new weapon that can be thrown, but is locked behind the alerts system. It's that it's from Dark Sector, the game that was meant to be Warframe before publishers screwed with it. It's like having a party for getting a new house, but then charging your friends to come.

Edited by Argoms

Warframe is free

Plus I'm willing to admit that the reason that I've had so much time recently is due to an unexpectedly lengthened recovery time on my knee surgery. (Where's a trinity or red orb when you need one?) aaaand I'm also not afraid to admit that it has its benefits, despite the pain.

And I understand your pain. Unironically! :p

One day you'll get it though. And when you do you'll feel good about it.

And even if you don't have it now, it's stil showing that this game is one of the most unique on the market in the fact that it has such a weapon!

Warframe is free

Plus I'm willing to admit that the reason that I've had so much time recently is due to an unexpectedly lengthened recovery time on my knee surgery. (Where's a trinity or red orb when you need one?) aaaand I'm also not afraid to admit that it has its benefits, despite the pain.

And I understand your pain. Unironically! :p

One day you'll get it though. And when you do you'll feel good about it.

And even if you don't have it now, it's stil showing that this game is one of the most unique on the market in the fact that it has such a weapon!

Oh, I have it. I got it during the first alert that popped up. That doesn't change the fact that I think it's wrong.

A game shouldn't hide bad design decisions behind the fact that it's free. It can have worse production value (worse animation quality, voice acting, sound effects etc.), but decisions in design don't need money thrown at them to be good. In fact, judging by current AAA titles, it's the opposite. Excusing a game's faults because it's free means that it never improves them, especially when the developers are open to feedback.

You don't seem to understand my frustration. The glaive was the weapon from a game that got severely changed from the vision of its developers because someone thought the idea wouldn't make enough money. Adding it should have been a symbolic "I told you this would work" to the people who changed their idea. Then it's added this to the game, for platinum (alternatively, you could hope an alert pops up some day, but it's pure luck and nothing more).

If this weapon shows that the game is unique, shouldn't it be a starter weapon/easy to access? Hiding all your unique, standout features behind a pay wall/gambling isn't how you keep new players.

Oh, I have it. I got it during the first alert that popped up. That doesn't change the fact that I think it's wrong.

A game shouldn't hide bad design decisions behind the fact that it's free. It can have worse production value (worse animation quality, voice acting, sound effects etc.), but decisions in design don't need money thrown at them to be good. In fact, judging by current AAA titles, it's the opposite. Excusing a game's faults because it's free means that it never improves them, especially when the developers are open to feedback.

You don't seem to understand my frustration. The glaive was the weapon from a game that got severely changed from the vision of its developers because someone thought the idea wouldn't make enough money. Adding it should have been a symbolic "I told you this would work" to the people who changed their idea. Then it's added this to the game, for platinum (alternatively, you could hope an alert pops up some day, but it's pure luck and nothing more).

If this weapon shows that the game is unique, shouldn't it be a starter weapon/easy to access? Hiding all your unique, standout features behind a pay wall/gambling isn't how you keep new players.

Neither is making the entire game easy and giving out all your cool weapons.

And gambling implies you give them something, but you do not. In fact, just by playing this game you cost DE money. They are counting on people to buy their micro transactions to stay afloat.

That's some badass symbolism you whipped out- stuff that I agree with- but it just doesn't work out like that, sadly.

Something else I've noticed is that when a company makes a f2p game challenging, people call it p2w. Even when it has the same merit and purpose behind it as a p2p game.

So what if the glaive is tricky to get? Eltonbrand in morrowind was hard to get. But if something like Eltonbrand is in WF, people call foul.

I'm not saying make it easy, I'm saying make it less random. It's one thing to save up for the weapon you've been wanting or to have to execute a long string of challenges perfectly, it's another to literally hope that the blueprints magically appear some day. Randomness is not a good way to add difficulty, only frustration.